Park was slammed today -- 11-18-18 -- for two reasons (+ park pics)

There are still some available. I would not be surprised if some are for sale tomorrow. Once the frenzy for the sippers went away food lines and times went back to normal. They were cute, but not worth whatever all that was today. And yeah, the EBAY sellers are going to be in for a rude shook.
They put a limit on candy canes. Why not this junk people buy up for eBay? Eye roll.

Thanks so much for the trip reports - I’ve been reading along for a couple of months now and they’re making me really excited for my upcoming trip (will be there from this Thursday!).

You have a seriously insane score on Buzz! Out of curiousity, have you ever tried the other Buzz versions around the world? I know I hate the one at WDW because the guns aren’t removable and I always get a dismal score on it...

They put a limit on candy canes. Why not this junk people buy up for eBay? Eye roll.
I’m glad that the sippers lasted throughout the day! In the past popular merchandise is usually gone by late morning or afternoon. They were only letting you buy 1..and if parents had kids, the kids had to be with them in order for them to buy more than one for them.

Thanks so much for the trip reports - I’ve been reading along for a couple of months now and they’re making me really excited for my upcoming trip (will be there from this Thursday!).

You have a seriously insane score on Buzz! Out of curiousity, have you ever tried the other Buzz versions around the world? I know I hate the one at WDW because the guns aren’t removable and I always get a dismal score on it...

I'll be there on Thursday too! Look me for -- good-looking guy in a blue Cubs cap ;-).

Yes, I've done Buzz at DW but that was before I was really good at it. In March, I did it at DL Shanghai. While their guns are far superior (there's a constant bright light wherever your gun is pointed and the colors vary so you don't get confused with other players' guns). However, I still like the one at DL better. We have real targets. The ones at Shanghai are all virtual -- i.e. video targets.

Disney's decision to sell those sipper cups at EVERY CS location (practically) was very bad planning. People who just wanted actual food were stuck in ridiculous long lines everywhere! Mobile order return times were 2-3 hours in the future. Thankfully some places ran out of cups early so the lines for food were reasonable, but it was a total cluster. Next time Disney does something like this, they need to have a separate dedicated line JUST for sippers and only sell them in a few places, namely carts rather than CS restaurants. We had to wait almost an hour in line at Plaza Inn for lunch. We did buy a sipper because my kid wanted one and I figured why not, but I would have been much happier to have not needed to wait so long just for food.

FWIW, people who got them listed and sold on EBay quickly were getting $70 on average. There were plenty of completed listings at that price yesterday afternoon. Even though there were so many sold, the fact that they were ONLY sold at Disneyland and DCA on ONE DAY means there is a large global audience willing to buy them at ridiculous prices.

WOW! That's a lot of people. Ridiculous amount.

Third gate, please!
Those entrance lines cleared FAST. I entered the park at 8:06 am by walking up to a basically empty DL gate - there was just one party in front of me. DCA had no people at all at most gates. I did wait 20 minutes at Harbor security, but I was in a slow line. (The people in the line next to me, who started off a little behind me, got through in 10 minutes. My security guard was quite... thorough. My husband and daughter went through no-bag and were in the park for rope drop.)

Love reading your updates. We will be in the parks this week, including Tgiving Day.
Thanks! I'll there on Thanksgiving too! I'm usually at the rope for rope-drop to the right of the hub (as you look at the castle). I often wear a blue Cubs hat. Feel free to come say hi if you see me.

Thanks! I'll there on Thanksgiving too! I'm usually at the rope for rope-drop to the right of the hub (as you look at the castle). I often wear a blue Cubs hat. Feel free to come say hi if you see me.

Go cubbies! Wish I could go to the parks as much as you do!

I'll be there on Thursday too! Look me for -- good-looking guy in a blue Cubs cap ;-).

Yes, I've done Buzz at DW but that was before I was really good at it. In March, I did it at DL Shanghai. While their guns are far superior (there's a constant bright light wherever your gun is pointed and the colors vary so you don't get confused with other players' guns). However, I still like the one at DL better. We have real targets. The ones at Shanghai are all virtual -- i.e. video targets.

Will look out for you! I’m only going to be there from noon onwards though (flying down from SF first thing in the morning). Expecting the park to be completely crowded but that day is more for atmosphere and something to do on Thanksgiving (have 4 more park days to follow!).

I really liked the Shanghai ones with the different colours! Didn’t realise that there was a difference between virtual/real targets, will go try out Buzz again at DL and see if I can make out the difference...

How's the air quality there due to the fires? I've been seeing people in california buying and wearing air masks/ construction masks so they aren't breathing it in.

How's the air quality there due to the fires? I've been seeing people in california buying and wearing air masks/ construction masks so they aren't breathing it in.
Air is fine in Southern California. What’s on the news is from the Camp Fire that’s sent lots of smoke down to the Bay Area.

WonkaKid - just jumping in on this thread to thank you for the Buzz tips! We were there on Sunday as well, and while I didn't meet my goal of breaking 300k, I did get in the high 200s repeatedly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter