Park was slammed today -- 11-18-18 -- for two reasons (+ park pics)

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Lines for both parks this morning were so full that they almost met at the center of the esplanade. It made we wonder if perhaps the parks would hit capacity today (they didn't, as far as I know). There were two reasons for it.

1. It was Mickey's 90th birthday, as many of you know. I knew about that beforehand.

2. The release of the new Mickey sippy cups. People were in a frenzy to get them. I understand many are bought with the sole intention of selling them on eBay days or weeks later. I didn't know about that beforehand.

Here's what the lines looked like at around 7:15 (DL opened at 8:00):

IMG_7612.JPG

IMG_7615.JPG

These are the sippy cups that were the the primary source of the crowds.
IMG_7653.JPG

The Mickey's 90th birthday button, anther reason for the crowds (the event itself, not the free button ;-)).
Mickey button.jpg

IMG_7618.JPG

Despite the crowds, I was still the first in the park today.

IMG_7622.JPG

This was one of the lines for the new Mickey cup. It extended nearly from the FL side of the castle all the way into Red Rose Tavern. I saw other lines like this all morning throughout the park -- all of them long, both in distance and wait-time. I believe that average wait-times were around two hours.

IMG_7624.JPG

I liked these cool, bespoke Mickey ears.
IMG_7630.JPG

Holiday treats.

IMG_7635.JPG

The new Matterhorn queue. I didn't get to ride it today because both times I tried, it went down. Interestingly, the second time was because a small Allen wrench was found in one of the cars. The reason I know is because I happened to talk with the women that found it. I guess it made CMs nervous so they checked the whole track to make sure nothing was amiss.
IMG_7685.JPG

Last edited:
And, of course, a few pics from Buzz and some other favorite DL things.

Saw this cool Star Wars plate in the parking structure this morning.
IMG_7608.JPG

One of my better days on Buzz. I often break 2M two or three times in a day. But the scores don't always come through. This is one of the days that many of the important ones did, however :-).
IMG_7699.JPG

IMG_7655.JPG

IMG_7684 (2).JPG

So close to resetting my score. Had I exceeded 2,096,900, that's exactly what would have happened. I usually fall victim to this once or twice per park visit. Didn't happen at all today, though.
IMG_7681 (2).JPG

IMG_7695.JPG

IMG_7696.JPG

IMG_7698.JPG

Last edited:
That’s crazy! We got there around 745 and it was a madhouse for sure. What time did you arrive to be first‽

The sippers were on ebay by 9am lol Going for $60+

I got to Jolly Holiday as soon as they let us through the gates. So when they opened at 8, only waited about 10 minutes for mine. This was way too stressful, no more limited edition items for me lol :scared: Just looking at people in lines stressed me out.

How did you manage to be the first one in the park with those crazy crowds?!?! Nice scores on Buzz.

These cups must be a 90th Birthday limited edition?

They weren't that limited though. There were people buy up a bunch of them but they never ran out. They kept selling and selling them. They probably had 250,000 cups for sale. The people trying to sell them on EBay for $90 are going to have to lower their price down to less than $40 to unload them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!