Park Hopping at DW during the week of Christmas/New Years

jenna1212

Earning My Ears
With park reservations out the window again, how easy it will be to park hop during the time frame of Dec 26-Jan 2? For those that have had success in the past, any recommendations on combos? Best bet park to hop to later in the day?

I'm working on my restaurant reservation plan, and park hopping plays into it. Do I dare book a restaurant in a park different from the one we start in?

Prior to park reservations, MK traditionally filled to capacity early on Dec 25, Dec 31 and Jan 1.

We really don’t know how things will go this year as it’s the first year without park reservations but personally I would not plan on hopping to MK on any of the above dates.

Each person’s comfort level is different but during a busier week I’d prefer to not need additional concern of hopping for an adr, but that may just be me.

Last edited:
We have been there during that time twice, including last year. MK is the only one to worry about, usually only on the 25th and 31st. It does get very busy on the 30th, since they show the NYE fireworks that night too, but I don’t think it hit capacity. We will have to see how the capacity rules work this year, since APs still have to make park reservations mostly. However, most APs are either blocked out then or smart enough to not go. You could opt for a hotel ADR for dinner if you don’t want to eat at the park you plan to be at later. That’s easy to do with MK.

Thanks for the info. When should we purchase our park tickets for our December?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest