Park hair

karsen11

Mouseketeer
so at home I use a wand each day for loose beach wave look, but not sure this will keep in the humidity...anyone have some great hair tips besides wearing a ponytail ever day?

so at home I use a wand each day for loose beach wave look, but not sure this will keep in the humidity...anyone have some great hair tips besides wearing a ponytail ever day?

My hair is thick and wavy, and frizzes horribly with the slightest humidity. Before we go to WDW, I scoot into the salon for a Brazilian Blowout. It costs $150-$200 but the results easily last 4-6 months for me. I'm able to wash my hair, dry it with a blow dryer or let it air dry, and there's no frizz at all. I've gotten stuck outside in monsoon rains and when my hair dries, there's no frizz. I figure, I'd spend close to that amount of money in a year trying to find products the work, so instead of doing that I get the BB done.

If you don't want to take that route, look for products containing silicone. It's not the healthiest hair product, but it does create a waterproof barrier and therefore helps in eliminating frizz. I use John Frieda's version after my BB has run its course. Use it sparingly (it can easily take your hair from shiny to greasy if you use too much product) and wash it out thoroughly (I use Suave's $2 bottle of clarifying shampoo once a week, wash with regular shampoo the rest of the week).

French twist, sock bun, or whatever your favorite updo is. I have long hair that I love to style and play with, but it's so much cooler to put it up for the parks. The first time I did a nice (Pin-up Girl) dress and a French twist was a revelation. I looked classy and felt cool. It'll be a while before I go back to ponytails that fall down or trying to style and make rope drop.

I go to WDW in the summer when wearing a hat is pretty much a requirement so when my hair was short, it unfortunately just looked flat whenever I took the hat off. With my hair longer, it's a ponytail through the back of a baseball cap every time. I have long since accepted that awesome looking hair at WDW just isn't a thing, especially in the summer.

at the beginning of each trip I plan on bringing tons of product to create cute hairstyles so that my hair isn't pulled back every day. Usually the first park day I throw all those intentions out the window! :P but When I went to my first MNSSHP I decided to style my hair and I used a leave in conditioner to protect my hair and then also used a flexible hold hair spray to help hold the soft curls I put in my hair and Bangs. It worked pretty well at least as far as frizz is concerned but eventually through the night the curls fell. I think it also worked well because the weather cooled off during the night and it didn't rain.

otherwise I had a disney visor hat and my hair in either a long braid with ribbons or a ponytail.

I go to WDW in the summer. I don't wear hats, I just do buns or ponytails. It's just too hot to have my hair down.

Thin-ish, fine hair here, and the humidity actually adds body to my hair, so I welcome it! If we're rope dropping, I just pony it up and then do my hair during our afternoon resort/pool break, so I look nice for dinner. Otherwise, I get up early and blow it out. We try to take some photos during our trips and I don't need to be remembered with greasy, flat hair. Also, not all ponytails are lame--love a low, side-swept ponytail every now and then.

Thin-ish, fine hair here, and the humidity actually adds body to my hair, so I welcome it! If we're rope dropping, I just pony it up and then do my hair during our afternoon resort/pool break, so I look nice for dinner. Otherwise, I get up early and blow it out. We try to take some photos during our trips and I don't need to be remembered with greasy, flat hair. Also, not all ponytails are lame--love a low, side-swept ponytail every now and then.

Trust me, one of the last thing anybody is going to care about when they are looking at photos of you to remember you is your hair.

This is me to a T. I love a low ponytail with the sides twisted into it, and my hair's long enough now that I can do a side braid or fishtail. Those are my "evening looks," but during the day I almost always wear a ponytail or messy bun.

if I wore my hair down with the FL humidity I would look like Lord Dark Helmet (http://40.media.tumblr.com/95fcf243d43fa733d71e1e058059a6f4/tumblr_inline_nvynd8qsVI1td0hds_1280.jpg) no joke.. so I've become a shower at night/shower in the morning and throwing my hair into a pony or some type of braid. I love a low pony at the nape of my neck and throw in a fishtail braid (which is one of the simpler self done braids!), french braid pigtails if I have my SIL around to do so, plain pigtail braids, some variation of a pony tail and I'll do some twists or braids going into it to jazz it up, or even a knotted bun. I like my hair off my face especially one rides that might whip my hair around and make it look like a knotted mess:rotfl:

UGH I hate my hair at WDW. I have thick hair that's not straight but not curly, just wavy I guess, but it does frizz. It's not long enough to do a ponytail so I just kind of style the front like normal with a hair dryer and then put some frizz tamer in the back and hope for the best. Sometimes I wear the Minnie Ears on a headband, so I think that might help, lol. I have one of those folding brushes that can slide into a pocket for touch ups here and there. I also just do very, very light makeup-usually a tinted moisturizer, eyeliner, and a little mascara so I don't look like the walking dead. I'm not going to win any contests under the best of conditions, so I'm definitely not going to worry over it at Disney.

I feel like it's way too hot for having my hair down. Plus being in the lines with all those people makes it even hotter!

Much of the year, our family wears our hair however we want at WDW. If you go on Test Track, it will be windswept. If you go on wet rides, it will get wet. Probably best bet for Kali is to ride it late in the day, or just before taking a park break, or skip Kali.

In summer heat, braids are good, especially if you can manage twin French braids.

Another way we adjust is to always keep ponytail holders on our wrist. You can start with your hair down, then modify as the day progresses while you are in line.

Another way we adjust is simply to adjust our expectations. Take (important) photos early in the day, and don't worry much about afternoon.

If you have something like a character/signature dinner planned, then DO go back to your room to prep before dinner. But then, I can't imagine going to a summer signature dinner in AM park clothes anyhow. Eww!

At universal, we generally skip the (very) wet rides, unless we specifically devote an afternoon for water rides. Personally, we find it better to skip them. Universal made their water rides too much over the top. Like they were trying to outdo WDW, but forgot that people don't generally love to get drenched. Universal would do well to retool them.

My hair is naturally curly/wavy and mid back length. I have done the hat & ponytail - usually reserve it for windy or damp days. Last couple of trips I used Pantene cleansing conditioner instead of regular shampoo and let my hair air dry - sometimes adding a touch of anti frizz cream. Then I wore a headband to help keep the curls/frizz away from my face. My hair held up all day into late night and I was much more pleased with my vacation photos on those trips!

I have curly hair that is prone to frizz. I'm also obsessed with straightening it on an almost pathological level. It's probably the one area of vanity left in my life- I just can't let it go, LOL. One day I'll learn to love my curly hair (or this is what everyone that DOESN'T have it tells me).

Disney World humidity wreaks havoc on my hair, so I just try to grin and bear it for the most part.

I tend to do a lot of reverse (Dutch) french braids, or large "messy" buns.

If I leave the braid all day, sometimes it turns into nice, manageable waves in the evening.

A baseball hat or a pair of Minnie ears can also go a long way to camouflaging the ridiculousness that is my hair.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest