Paradise Pier Superthread

Just a heads up on the pool at PPH...we were just there last week and the water slide and kiddie pool were closed due to construction on the slide. I don't think I saw this closure listed anywhere, but it didn't affect us too much. Just something to be aware of!
Oh no! We are checking in this coming Sunday. I have told my son how cool the water slide is for like a few months now!! Do you recall when they will reopen the slide? Do they allow pool hop when they have construction closure like this? ( I know they normal don't allow pool hop)

Someone mentioned there is a shortcut to the parks?
Could someone share that info please?

Although it has been mentioned in detail here and in other threads, I will reiterate that the walk/short cut from the PPH is easy. PPH and GCH are basically just across the street from each other. When you step out in front of either hotel and walk to the sidewalk, looking to the left you will see the other hotel across the street.

So, if you exit out the front of the PPH, past the valet parking guys, veer to the left and down the sidewalk (along Disneyland Drive), all you have to do is walk to the light at the corner. Cross to the other side of the street and walk up the footpath at the GCH (past the drive-up entrance) until you get to the lobby. Once you're in the GCH lobby then you will just need to follow the signs to wherever you want to go -- GCH restaurants, DCA, DTD, DL, wherever.

When you return you will do the same thing -- walk through the GCH lobby, out the pretty sliding doors, veer to the left, walk down the footpath and cross the street to the PPH. Easy peasy.

The only occasion when it might not make sense to take that short cut through the GCH is if you want to, for example, go to the Disneyland Hotel, or Earl of Sandwich, or ESPN Zone -- anything that is on that far end of Downtown Disney. If you want to go to any of those places it probably makes more sense to exit the PPH out the back door (next to the parking structure) and walk through the PPH property to get to those spots. Otherwise, the path from the PPH to the GCH is fine for everything else.

Last edited:

Oh no! We are checking in this coming Sunday. I have told my son how cool the water slide is for like a few months now!! Do you recall when they will reopen the slide? Do they allow pool hop when they have construction closure like this? ( I know they normal don't allow pool hop)

The signs didn't say and we never bothered to ask. We also didn't ask about pool hopping but that would be a nice accommodation if they let you!

We stayed here in 2009 and loved it! I will look for some pictures and post for you!
Sorry the pictures are poor quality, I just had a basic point and shoot at the time.

100_1178.jpg

100_1177.jpg

Our view:
100_1182.jpg

100_1183.jpg

Not making fun of your pictures as I love them but the picture of Mickey's fun wheel at night as beautiful as it is looks like one of the cars is on fire!

Pics from our last stay ...

579304DE-3CAE-4036-835D-7326B017BE54-7431-00000C2660C7FCA3.jpg

42EC807B-2903-433A-9358-E2DB0BA53097-7431-00000C289BA3EFBD.jpg

FE9C5BB5-A7DE-4010-8E1B-A9BCA1EA8BE3-7431-00000C289548A944.jpg

7BA9922F-7E9B-4C4D-8B2D-80CDC2E471BD-7431-00000C26673D3C9B.jpg

8265A1C5-B8C4-4028-BC25-2ACD62C58BB7-7431-00000C2688E670A8.jpg

Your picture of World of Color at night is gorgeous it took me a few seconds to realize what it was (Carsland cliffs) I thought it looked like some sort of big sailing ship with big brown sails floating in the sky. Looks pretty!

I am here now; water slide is closed and looks nowhere near done. My kids haven't joined me yet (I'm at conference) so I haven't used the pool but lady and little girl in elevator said they had been using their key to use the pool at the other hotel. Not sure if they were told they could or just did; but they said the water slide there was fun! Tons of elevator issues this week but otherwise it has been a nice stay!

I am here now; water slide is closed and looks nowhere near done. My kids haven't joined me yet (I'm at conference) so I haven't used the pool but lady and little girl in elevator said they had been using their key to use the pool at the other hotel. Not sure if they were told they could or just did; but they said the water slide there was fun! Tons of elevator issues this week but otherwise it has been a nice stay!

I'm sorry to hear about the slide , it wasn't on any refurb list I could find so it may have been either an OSHA issue or something unexpected which can happen but can be disappointing.
It may be worth asking the front desk in person if it's possible to use the other pools given the circumstances. I've heard usually it's possible if a pool is down which this kind of falls under.

I'm sorry to hear about the slide , it wasn't on any refurb list I could find so it may have been either an OSHA issue or something unexpected which can happen but can be disappointing.
It may be worth asking the front desk in person if it's possible to use the other pools given the circumstances. I've heard usually it's possible if a pool is down which this kind of falls under.
Oh I hope they will allow us to use other slides. We have only stayed at GC before but never at DHL. It would be cool to check out the monorail pool.

Thanks for the pool info. The kids have been dying to use the pool and slides, so if we have to go to DLH for their pool, that's not a bad trade-off for them.

I booked my PPH room with my DVC points. Does anyone know what kind of view will I get?

I booked my PPH room with my DVC points. Does anyone know what kind of view will I get?

I'm curious if the way you book/ through who designates your room. I know certain blocks are sold off for events, so it's possible they have a block for DVC'ers.

It should say on your confirmation letter. Ours says Room Category: Standard. I think unless you specify and pay extra for Theme Park View, you get Standard. I was told by a PPH rep earlier this week that the majority of those rooms have a pool view while others face the street. I'm not sure if that's a DVC block or just happenstance but that's what she told me.

It should say on your confirmation letter. Ours says Room Category: Standard. I think unless you specify and pay extra for Theme Park View, you get Standard. I was told by a PPH rep earlier this week that the majority of those rooms have a pool view while others face the street. I'm not sure if that's a DVC block or just happenstance but that's what she told me.
It says standard. This is the first time I am staying at PPH so I am not sure what their Standard is, Pool view would be great.

One time when we stayed at the DLH, the pool was closed for some reason. We were told that we could use the pool at the GCH. We didn't feel like trekking through DTD with our stuff for the pool so we just skipped it that trip. But yes, they usually let you use another resort pool if yours is closed for some reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter