Painting With a View

Loved your pictures! I have done this twice (Once with DH, once with DH, DD & DSIL) and thought it was so great.
I have no talent whatsoever, DH isn't too bad, DD thought she was Picasso and definitely wasn't and DSIL was quite impressive. We had such a wonderful time and laughed a lot (and hated the very talented people around us...only teasing).

In case anyone is interested and it hasn't been mentioned, I found another Painting class At Port Orleans French Quarter and did it 2 weeks ago with another DD. It was called Painting on De Bayou'. No wine, no cheese, no fruit. Just painting and it was cheaper than Bay Lake's. ($50 vs $30 or $35... can't remember. A bartender from POFQ comes around for cash drink orders.

It was very enjoyable and it was the same teacher at Bay Lake. We were on cute little wrought iron tables for 2 and got black aprons (to use).

Today I already made reservations for October & December. Wednesday night 8:00 - 9:00 pm.

Loved your pictures! I have done this twice (Once with DH, once with DH, DD & DSIL) and thought it was so great.
I have no talent whatsoever, DH isn't too bad, DD thought she was Picasso and definitely wasn't and DSIL was quite impressive. We had such a wonderful time and laughed a lot (and hated the very talented people around us...only teasing).

In case anyone is interested and it hasn't been mentioned, I found another Painting class At Port Orleans French Quarter and did it 2 weeks ago with another DD. It was called Painting on De Bayou'. No wine, no cheese, no fruit. Just painting and it was cheaper than Bay Lake's. ($50 vs $30 or $35... can't remember. A bartender from POFQ comes around for cash drink orders.

It was very enjoyable and it was the same teacher at Bay Lake. We were on cute little wrought iron tables for 2 and got black aprons (to use).

Today I already made reservations for October & December. Wednesday night 8:00 - 9:00 pm.
Good to know, thank you.

You can reserve for up to 4 people per qualified membership. One person on the reservation has to be the owner of that membership. HTH.

Has anybody gone this month? We're going to be there next week and I was thinking of calling to see if either day has availability. Wondering if anyone who has done it could tell me what you painted? I know the paintings are different on Tue & Thu, but it sounds like they might switch them out monthly or seasonally.
ETA: I see recent pics, was this from this month? Tue or Thu?

Has anybody gone this month? We're going to be there next week and I was thinking of calling to see if either day has availability. Wondering if anyone who has done it could tell me what you painted? I know the paintings are different on Tue & Thu, but it sounds like they might switch them out monthly or seasonally.
ETA: I see recent pics, was this from this month? Tue or Thu?

I thought she said she changes the picture every month. My class was this month, May, on Thursday.

BTW it took an hour to get from Spaceship Earth to the class on the monorail. They want you there at 12:30 at the elevators in BLT. They come down to check you in at 12:45.

We did this on our last trip - it was great fun.

One thing to note - they will NOT send your paintings to your room. In our case, we were at Kidani, and did not want to carry our pictures with us as we were going from Contemporary to MK on the monorail.

What you CAN do is bring your painting down to the store in the contemporary lobby and if you are really, really nice they may drop it into a bag and send it over to your resort.

Thinking of doing this in February. How long does it take for the painting to dry? We'll be flying home the next day and will need to pack it in the luggage the morning after the class.

Thanks!

Thinking of doing this in February. How long does it take for the painting to dry? We'll be flying home the next day and will need to pack it in the luggage the morning after the class.

Thanks!

It's acrylic paint so it dries pretty quickly. It will be dry 30 min to an hour after the class.

Thank you for sharing, but no picture of Mrs. DVC’s work of art? Looks like fun!

I would LOVE to do this and I hope they continue, as our next trip isn't for a couple of years... Looks like a fun experience and I love the Disney-themed paintings!

I was thinking of doing this in September, will my dh be able to hang in the lounge but not participate? It’s not really his thing lol.

I was thinking of doing this in September, will my dh be able to hang in the lounge but not participate? It’s not really his thing lol.

I don't know about that. They check your name off before you get on the elevator to go up to the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter