Packing Snack ºoº Got Tips, Need Tips.

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi, we'll be packing some food to bring to WDW in April (on the plane so space is limited). When we went last April this is the food I packed and how I packed.

(1) Cheerios, left the box at home and just packed the entire bag in with clothes.
(2) Granola bars, left the boxes (3) at home and placed the wrapped bars in a ziplock bag and sucked the air out.
(3) Pop Tarts, same as (2) But we never ate ONE Pop Tart.
(4) Peanut Butter, packed one small plastic jar ~ we knew we would buy jam in Fl.

Can you please add to my list. What food did you bring and how did you pack it?

Little Debbie Star Crunchs-they are individually wrapped-12 to a box-$1.29-they are a chocolatey chewy Flavored treat,sort of like rice crispy treats-yummy-they travel very well in fanny packs.

A premiem brand of beef jerky[for safty no cheap stuff]

packets of cashews[no peanuts due to allergy persons its death for them even the dust]

boxes of raisins

tuna snack [change mayo packets for fresh ones at WDW{just to be on the safe side]or new vaccum sealed tuna

sugar free drink mix to add to bottled water

Gum-none is sold in WDW

Life Savers to curb Thirst[they come individually wrapped in big bags]

Packed in a calapsible cooler we checked.

Hope this helps!!

Trail mix in ziplock bags
Beef jercky in ziplock bags
I also bring a loaf of bread, plastic knifes and napkins...of course these would need to be in your checked baggage. We have hard sided luggage, and it is never a problem

I have this yummy snack mix that I mix up and we carry in Ziploc bags. It makes a big batch and lasts most of the week.
2 bags Gardetto Snak'ns+1# M&M's+1 bag Hot Tamales+2 cans deluxe mixed nuts+1 can cashews+1 can peanuts. It's very filling and doesn't get your hands sticky. I carry individual Wet Ones so we can wash up before we dig and in (and after those smelly mildewy handgrips on Splash Mountain!).

My son's allergic to them too! actually everything with red dye in it. You'd be supprised what has red dye. I was thinking maybe dried fruit instead, and for us some sort of uncolored chocolate candy.

I've also packed individual packets of instant oatmeal. My DH eats it with milk(plans to get there) and sugar( packets from 7-11 or Wawa). DS's eat with butter(skipping it, they won't miss) and syrup(plan to get from McD's or off buffet somewhere)!

You can buy goldfish in little individual snack-size bags which is super convienant or if you'd rather buy the big box and put them in ziploc baggies that's easy too. An alternative to sweets!

I can't think of much to add for in-park snacks. We always take some kind of sweet cereal to snack on. And we also usually take a small Rubbermaid container to put Chex Mix, Gardettos, Cheez-Its or Snack Stix in. And then Gushers or Fruit Rolls or something like that.

When we were there for our honeymoon, parks closed at 7 (January), so we spent a lot of the evening time in our rooms. I took bags for microwave popcorn and would put one in my backpack each morning. We'd stop at snack area on the way to our room, pop it and then back to the room to watch TV or out to the beach. It was a nice evening snack. When we were at the All Stars last summer, we saw a lot of people doing the same thing.

We brought one whoel suitcase full of food/snacks then packed stuff we bought in it on teh way home....

we brought:
little cans of fruit
granola bars
fruit energy bars(sort of like a thick fruit roll up)
rice krispies squares(the bought kind)
juice boxes
individual packs of cereal which we ate every morning with milk bought at the store
powdered gatorade to mix in our water bottles
instant oatmeal
dried fruit(mangos are our fave)

We shipped a box on the plane full of a case of water, and snacks. Our snacks included cookies, crackers, Smuckers Snackers, Nutra Grain bars, Tuna salad packets, Goldfishes, a few candies, and some fruit snacks. We found that we also liked those soup packages for cups, and hot cocoa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter