Packing Ears

disney castle days

Mouseketeer
How do you pack your Mickey Ears? I’m a little hesitant to put them in our checked luggage, because I don’t want them to break.

How do you pack your Mickey Ears? I’m a little hesitant to put them in our checked luggage, because I don’t want them to break.
Mine are the flat headband kind and I just layer them in my clothes. They always arrive unharmed! We’ve also packed my daughter’s hat type pirate and princess ears that way and just ‘collapsed’ the hat part if that makes sense. They also arrived just fine that way.

Mine are the flat headband kind and I just layer them in my clothes. They always arrive unharmed! We’ve also packed my daughter’s hat type pirate and princess ears that way and just ‘collapsed’ the hat part if that makes sense. They also arrived just fine that way.
Thanks for the advice! We might try this!

This is what we do too.

I wear the headbands and DH wears the hats. I just fold the hats in half (the way they are in the store when you buy them) and put both those and the head bands into their own packing cube in the luggage. Never had any problems.

I can layer about 3 pairs of wire and regular ears in one thin, small rectangular pizza-style clothing box (the kind a custom pair of ears usually gets sent in). Depending on the size of the trip, I will take either one or two of these boxes, either in my checked bag, or in my carry-on tote. The boxes add very little weight & they protect the ears.

Another idea I heard about is to mail them ahead to your resort.

I fold the hat part in half (into itself from back to front) then place flat between soft layers of clothing. Never had any problems either.

I have an ear related question...our last trip my girls got those light up ears that blink to the music of the night time shows...if I bring them back with me this coming Nov/Dec will they still work? Dumb question but I’m curious, thanks

I usually keep ours in my carry on bag, that way I can keep an eye on them. And bonus, we can pull them out as soon as we land and wear them through the Orlando Airport! I have been lucky to purchase a few pairs of ears at our local Disney Store that's an outlet. They get all types of Park Exclusive items. Saves me a little $$ by having them prior to our trip.

I packed my handmade ears in our carry ons, between layers of clothes on the way there, and in our checked back again between layers of clothes for our return trip. There was no damage and between myself and my daughter we had 8 sets of ears.

I have an ear related question...our last trip my girls got those light up ears that blink to the music of the night time shows...if I bring them back with me this coming Nov/Dec will they still work? Dumb question but I’m curious, thanks

Yes they'll still work. They also work in both US parks interchangeably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter