overwhelmed newbie: renting points

Lane308

Earning My Ears
Hey guys! I've read over the rules so hopefully I'm putting this in the right place and not being annoying. ;)

Planning our family's first trip to Disney World. Two adults, three kids. Wanting to surprise the kids at Christmas and travel Jan 1-6, 2020. Want a deluxe, possibly moderate. While I've learned I can't price those exact dates just yet directly through Disney, it's become pretty clear our money will go a lot farther if we rent DVC points than book at Disney's prices. I contacted a broker a friend recommended and they responded with pricing for those dates at Polynesian, which is one of my top picks. The price looks awesome and I'd love to just book it. I trust the friend who recommended them, of course. However, I'm nervous - this is a big trip and I want to make sure this is all legit!! And also slightly confused about how I could book a reservation for January 2020 through the broker now but those reservations aren't available yet directly through Disney?

Basically, just an anxious newbie looking for some input on renting (I'd love input on the specific broker but can't tell if that's allowed or not?) Thanks so much for reading and for any words of advice!

Hey guys! I've read over the rules so hopefully I'm putting this in the right place and not being annoying. ;)

Planning our family's first trip to Disney World. Two adults, three kids. Wanting to surprise the kids at Christmas and travel Jan 1-6, 2020. Want a deluxe, possibly moderate. While I've learned I can't price those exact dates just yet directly through Disney, it's become pretty clear our money will go a lot farther if we rent DVC points than book at Disney's prices. I contacted a broker a friend recommended and they responded with pricing for those dates at Polynesian, which is one of my top picks. The price looks awesome and I'd love to just book it. I trust the friend who recommended them, of course. However, I'm nervous - this is a big trip and I want to make sure this is all legit!! And also slightly confused about how I could book a reservation for January 2020 through the broker now but those reservations aren't available yet directly through Disney?

Basically, just an anxious newbie looking for some input on renting (I'd love input on the specific broker but can't tell if that's allowed or not?) Thanks so much for reading and for any words of advice!
DVC Owners can book 11 months out. So by the beginning of February they can officially make any reservations. As for the broker that is renting you points I’d look directly for any reviews related to them directly.

The broker knows what the point requirements will be so they can price it for you. Then they'll have to put you on the list because owners can't book it until 11 months out but once they have an owner willing to rent the points that aligns with your request then it would be booked. I don't know what broker was recommend to say for certain that the recommend is legit but there are a couple that have good history that are legit.

btw - Disney cash bookings have next to nothing to do with DVC point bookings. They have separate inventory access.

Just remember most DVC rentals are "FINAL" transactions, so you won't get your money back if you can't make the trip. Make sure you understand the fine print on the broker's contract, about when payments are due and "if" refunds are available (probably not).

Also, with DVC, always make sure you understand what the bed configuration will be. People sometimes expect more real beds than are in the rooms. When you are told the number of people who can sleep in a DVC room, that usually includes having people sleep in a sofa bed, maybe a pull-down bed, etc.

Also understand that if you are renting points through a broker, the broker has to find an owner who has enough points which they want to rent out. If you are trying to do it before 7 months out, the broker has to find an owner who has enough points with that as their home resort which they want to rent out.

Be aware that you won't get daily housekeeping unless you pay extra for it.
Laundry and Housekeeping Services

Disney Vacation Club Resorts offer laundry and housekeeping services. Daily housekeeping service is not provided for Members.

A 24-hour self-service laundry room is available at each Disney Vacation Club Resort. There are also dry-cleaning and valet laundry services. Villas with one or more bedrooms feature an in-unit washer and dryer.

Trash & Towel Service
For stays of 7 nights or fewer, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel Service, Housekeeping will:

· Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins

· Provide fresh bathroom linens

· Replace bath amenities as needed

· Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper

· Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners

Full-Cleaning Service
For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both. This cycle repeats for stays longer than 8 days.

With Full-Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

· Change the bed linens

· Vacuum and dust the vacation villa

· Clean the bathroom(s)

· Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes

For all stays regardless of the length of the stay, daily trash removal will be provided. Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members not booking through Membership) receive Full-Cleaning Services every day.

For all of the above, additional Housekeeping Services may be purchased.

Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates:

· Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested

· 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested

· 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested

· 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $75 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Service Rates:

· Deluxe Studio: $10 per day requested

· 1-Bedroom Villa: $15 per day requested

· 2-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested

· 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $30 per day requested

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):

· Toiletries Package: $5 - includes 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel

· Coffee Package: $3 - includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners

· Towel Package: $6 - includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat

· 2 Bathrobes: $6

· Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): $1 - includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry

NOTE: Rates are subject to change without notice.

Also you need to know that your reservation with DVC points through a broker is final. You may be able to purchase insurance or some sort of flexibility, but for practical purposes, you can't cancel them - not for a medical emergency, not for anything. The price is great, but it offers less flexibility than cash - its a timeshare.

The brokers are legit - what the brokers provide is a service between the owner and the renter - a buffer and matching service between both parties. They help ensure that you won't get scammed (which is unusual, but does sometimes happen with private rentals).

Another thing to consider if you're looking at Polynesian is you'll have the option of a studio with a queen bed, a full pullout, and a fold down Murphy. For a regular room at the Polynesian you'll have 2 queens and a twin. It's a savings but depending on the ages of the kids, maybe not as comfortable.

Another thing to consider if you're looking at Polynesian is you'll have the option of a studio with a queen bed, a full pullout, and a fold down Murphy. For a regular room at the Polynesian you'll have 2 queens and a twin. It's a savings but depending on the ages of the kids, maybe not as comfortable.
It is a queen pull out sofa, a bit different but same size sleeping surfaces at the standard room (just less quality on the pull out sofa). Also I'm not sure if the standard rooms at the Polynesian have the two bathroom areas that the deluxe studio does.

Also, DVC peak times do not match Disney peak times. Jan 1-6 is a peak time!!
Based on historical booking patterns the first week of Jan is Mostly at 11 months.

The Mostly likely means from Jan1 through the marathon weekend will book almost immediately at the 11 month window. I would either find an owner willing to rent or be in queue with a rental company before 8AM, Feb 1. That's the time the reservation can be made. There are tricks some folks play to make the reservation earlier and shift it back (walking it), the rental companies won't do that but a friend might.

Seriously, if you want poly in early Jan, you need it arranged before Feb 1st.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-studios-1-bedrooms-june-2018-update.3689931/

Also, DVC peak times do not match Disney peak times. Jan 1-6 is a peak time!!
Based on historical booking patterns the first week of Jan is Mostly at 11 months.

The Mostly likely means from Jan1 through the marathon weekend will book almost immediately at the 11 month window. I would either find an owner willing to rent or be in queue with a rental company before 8AM, Feb 1. That's the time the reservation can be made. There are tricks some folks play to make the reservation earlier and shift it back (walking it), the rental companies won't do that but a friend might.

Seriously, if you want poly in early Jan, you need it arranged before Feb 1st.

Good info. Thank you! We are working with a broker and have given them our top 4 options to price come Feb - i guess I’ll keep my fingers crossed we get lucky! (I think all our options are pretty in demand though. BLT, Polynesian, GF, Boardwalk is a distant 4th but would be satisfactory!) Eek.

Good info. Thank you! We are working with a broker and have given them our top 4 options to price come Feb - i guess I’ll keep my fingers crossed we get lucky! (I think all our options are pretty in demand though. BLT, Polynesian, GF, Boardwalk is a distant 4th but would be satisfactory!) Eek.
Good luck! Looks like you really want on the monorail. BWV is not on the monorail, but it is walking distance/a short boat ride to two parks, so even if number 4 comes through, it is not all bad.

Good luck! Looks like you really want on the monorail. BWV is not on the monorail, but it is walking distance/a short boat ride to two parks, so even if number 4 comes through, it is not all bad.

Thanks for your responses! We stayed at Boardwalk years ago and loved our trip/enjoyed walking to Epcot so we wouldn’t be unhappy with that by any means! But yes, with three kids, we’d love the closer proximity to MK and the monorail option.

BLT studios do not accommodate 5 people unless one of them is under the age of 3. If you're looking at 1BR villas, Poly doesn't have them and BWV 1BRs don't have a sleep surface for a 5th person (although a 5th person is permitted when staying on points).

BLT studios do not accommodate 5 people unless one of them is under the age of 3. If you're looking at 1BR villas, Poly doesn't have them and BWV 1BRs don't have a sleep surface for a 5th person (although a 5th person is permitted when staying on points).

Hmmmm....consider me confused, then! We've corresponded with two brokers, both informed on our party size (2 adults 3 kids - ages 7, 9, 11) and requesting studios and both have indicated this is doable for us. I would think if the above were true one of them would've made this known? We are fine with tight quarters, we don't plan to be in the room much....but yeah, confused now.

Hmmmm....consider me confused, then! We've corresponded with two brokers, both informed on our party size (2 adults 3 kids - ages 7, 9, 11) and requesting studios and both have indicated this is doable for us. I would think if the above were true one of them would've made this known? We are fine with tight quarters, we don't plan to be in the room much....but yeah, confused now.
Make sure you talk to them as soon as possible to make sure they know you want a studio that sleeps five, not a studio that sleeps four. And five people, even if one is under the age of three, in a BLT studio would be crazy. It's just too small. Make sure you have Polynesian, GF or BW as your choices for studios, BLT for a one bedroom.

Make sure you talk to them as soon as possible to make sure they know you want a studio that sleeps five, not a studio that sleeps four. And five people, even if one is under the age of three, in a BLT studio would be crazy. It's just too small. Make sure you have Polynesian, GF or BW as your choices for studios, BLT for a one bedroom.

Thank you for this input! I'll reach out to the one we are working with to confirm she understands our needs.

The above is true. BLT studios are extremely small. They have a queen bed and a queen sleeper sofa. The occupancy limit is 4 people plus one under the age of 3. It wouldn't matter that you are okay with being up close with one another in your room. Your kids may even be fine with sleeping 3 to a bed or one being on an air mattress on the floor. An owner who books a studio for BLT cannot list 5 names on the reservation (unless that 5th person is under the age of 3).

As mentioned, your group does not fit the occupancy limits of BLT studio. PVB, VGF and BWV will all work.

Double sleeper sofa at BLT, not queen. Not enough space for a queen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter