Overlap of breakfast & lunch at Hollywood & Vine or Crystal Palace?

jlk806

DanceDisneyGirl
It says I can book the last breakfast ressie at H&V at 10:20AM or the 1st lunch at 11:00AM. Do they clear you out in between or is there some overlap where it would be possible if we had that 10:20 seating where they would be putting out the lunch foods? I ask because DH much prefers breakfast and I dont care fo breakfast foods, give me fish and pasta anyday! LOL. DS will eat either or both. So just wondering if it is possible to get both spreads of food in one setting at either Hollywood & Vine or Crystal Palace, or both?

We took the last breakfast ADR at Tusker House for 10:55 as we wanted it more towards lunchtime but I really want breakfast foods at least once while we are there. I was told they start putting out lunch around 11-11:30 and that while we are there we will have a little of both available. I would assume it's probably pretty similar at the other character meals that do breakfast and lunch. I'm just not sure if their mealtimes are the same.

I am also wondering about this... but specifically for Crystal Palace.
It's for our last meal. I'd love to make it BRUNCH instead of just breakfast :)

They do not clear out the restaurant. The food gradually transitions to lunch and you are free to try anything on the buffet. We have done this often at H&V, CP and TH.

They do not clear out the restaurant. The food gradually transitions to lunch and you are free to try anything on the buffet. We have done this often at H&V, CP and TH.

Ok that's what I thought.. i heard of that happening at Tusker, but only recently considered doing CP for our final meal.

Anyone know what the last time from Breakfast seating is at Crystal Palace? When I search for 1030 my current options are only 10am or 11:35am.

We usually have a 10:30 or once in a while we take a 10:45.

Just a word of caution from someone who does this frequently:

Try and be there to check in 10 minutes or so before your ADR, because they always seem to have a delay between checkin and seating.

Do NOT be late.
They will refuse to seat you after your ADR time until they "reopen" for lunch, and by that time breakfast stuff will have been cleared.

They do not clear out the restaurant, but they do pause in seating new tables between the last breakfast ADR and the first lunch one.

We've been late a couple of times in the last few years, and have had to sit on the porch until they were ready to seat us for lunch.

Which meant no puffed french toast. :headache:

We usually have a 10:30 or once in a while we take a 10:45.

Just a word of caution from someone who does this frequently:

Try and be there to check in 10 minutes or so before your ADR, because they always seem to have a delay between checkin and seating.

Do NOT be late.
They will refuse to seat you after your ADR time until they "reopen" for lunch, and by that time breakfast stuff will have been cleared.

They do not clear out the restaurant, but they do pause in seating new tables between the last breakfast ADR and the first lunch one.

We've been late a couple of times in the last few years, and have had to sit on the porch until they were ready to seat us for lunch.

Which meant no puffed french toast. :headache:

Very good to know! Thank you!
So far nothing is showing for the time frame I need... well there's 10am, but I dont think that'll be late enough to start enjoying lunch foods. Or rather, by time the lunch foods get put out I'll be too full on breakfast to eat any of it! HAHAHA and the boys will be antsy and ready to leave!

I'll just keep watching and hope for an opening :)

Thanks!

So far nothing is showing for the time frame I need... well there's 10am, but I dont think that'll be late enough to start enjoying lunch foods.

You could make it work with a 10am or a 10:15 - instead of being early for this time, be on time.

With the typical 10-15 minute wait to be seated, you'd be in the restaurant heading for your table at 10:15-10:30. Send everyone to wash hands, order your drinks, arrange your autograph books... then hit the buffet at 10:45 for the end of breakfast ;)

We have a 10:10 Hollywood and vine reservation in may and was hoping to also get some breakfast AND lunch. So should we be on time or a few minutes late? Do the servers get mad if we try to get some lunch foods before leaving or do they not care?I wouldn't want them to charge us for lunch instead of breakfast because we were to eat some fries. Lol

You could make it work with a 10am or a 10:15 - instead of being early for this time, be on time.

With the typical 10-15 minute wait to be seated, you'd be in the restaurant heading for your table at 10:15-10:30. Send everyone to wash hands, order your drinks, arrange your autograph books... then hit the buffet at 10:45 for the end of breakfast ;)

Hahahaha LOVE this!!
Thanks!!

So should we be on time or a few minutes late? Do the servers get mad if we try to get some lunch foods before leaving or do they not care?

Be on time, but just.
Don't be late, because sometimes that can leave you sitting out until lunch seating.

The servers absolutely don't care if you eat lunch stuff.

We do this almost every trip, so like 30-35 times in the last 10ish years.
We got billed for lunch twice, both times it was fixed fairly easily without much fuss. (Once by the server and once by a manager)

Be on time, but just.
Don't be late, because sometimes that can leave you sitting out until lunch seating.

The servers absolutely don't care if you eat lunch stuff.

We do this almost every trip, so like 30-35 times in the last 10ish years.
We got billed for lunch twice, both times it was fixed fairly easily without much fuss. (Once by the server and once by a manager)

Thanks!

So if you are able to do breakfast and lunch, at Hollywood and Vine then that would mean the children would get to see two sets of characters (Disney jr, and mickey/Minnie)? Is that correct. I think this would be a good value to see both sets of characters.

So if you are able to do breakfast and lunch, at Hollywood and Vine then that would mean the children would get to see two sets of characters (Disney jr, and mickey/Minnie)? Is that correct. I think this would be a good value to see both sets of characters.
What I meant was that if I do a late breakfast time it would overlap with lunch and then the children would be able to see both sets of characters. Anyone every stick around for lunch and done this?

We have a 10:10 reservation and the first lunch reservation is a 11:20. Assuming it takes 5-15 minutes to be seated as well as some additional time to go to the bathroom, we could certainly stick around to 11:20 and then meet a second set of characters. I think this would be a good value. We are on the DDP so even if they charge us for lunch it's all just 1 credit. Even if we were not on the DDP this would still be a good value because I would take out the Check Mickey meal since we will already have seen both the Disney J characters and the Minnie/Mickey characters.

We had a 10:35 ADR at Crystal Palace in March. When they started bringing out the lunch items they roped off that half of the buffet and condensed the breakfast items to the unroped half. We did not have access to the lunch items, only breakfast, so be prepared for that possibility if you’re hoping to have both. I can’t speak to Hollywood & Vine, as we haven’t eaten there, but Tusker House did allow guests to have breakfast and lunch items when they transitioned to lunch.

We had a 10:35 ADR at Crystal Palace in March. When they started bringing out the lunch items they roped off that half of the buffet and condensed the breakfast items to the unroped half. We did not have access to the lunch items, only breakfast, so be prepared for that possibility if you’re hoping to have both. I can’t speak to Hollywood & Vine, as we haven’t eaten there, but Tusker House did allow guests to have breakfast and lunch items when they transitioned to lunch.

Thank you for your 1st hand experience. So at 11:30 when lunch starts, the lunch guests saw the rope or was it removed when lunch started. My main draw to Holywood and Vine is being able to see 2 sets of characters even if I don't get the lunch items.

Thank you for your 1st hand experience. So at 11:30 when lunch starts, the lunch guests saw the rope or was it removed when lunch started. My main draw to Holywood and Vine is being able to see 2 sets of characters even if I don't get the lunch items.
They put the ropes up at CP as soon as they started moving the breakfast food over to one side, even before they started bringing lunch out. I’m guessing it was shortly after 11 but I didn’t check the exact time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter