• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Japanese adventure *LIVE* Trip Report - updated 8/26 Disney Sea

Thank you. Tomorrow is our last full day in Japan and I know we will miss it too. I'm trying to persuade DH we should learn Japanese properly and move here. It's a long term goal lol.

I always thought it was the light colouring but it may just be because he's 4 and still at a naturally cute age. I don't know what it was about the Hilton for us - it was just a bit meh. Every other hotel we have stayed in has been outstanding in terms of service but the Hilton Tokyo Bay just didn't live up to expectations. It wasn't bad and in the UK we'd have been happy with the service but it wasn't up to scratch with Japanese standards we felt.

your kids are gorgeous!!!!! :)
as for living in japan, when we were young, we toyed with the idea of living in japan.

regarding the hilton, my daughter was happy with the service..
she's hilton honors so maybe that made a difference?
she said hilton honors had separate service.....(separate check in, concierge, etc.)
or maybe their service has gone downhill?

I love seeing all about Japan and the temples! This is would be my oldest son's dream vacation (well mine too) :goodvibes What a great experience and memories especially for your boys (who are adorable!)

Sorry I have been slow to update anything since I got back. I need to update Tokyo before I forget what we did! Its a good excuse to look at the photos tonight. We are off out to a local (45 miles away) japanese restaurant to relive the food today

GREAT trip report!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. I am actually thinking of doing a similar Kyoto/Kobe/Kansai area to Tokyo trip myself next year!

Thank you so much for your great report - I'm very glad I found it. Just beginning to research and plan a Japan trip for September 2015, which will hopefully include Tokyo, Disney, Kyoto, Nara and Osaka. I was looking for a trip report on here that would tell me a bit more about Disney but yours has also given me so many useful tips and ideas for the rest of Japan!!

Can you recommend any websites or guide books in particular for planning the non-Disney parts? Seems like you were incredibly well informed and organised :) love the wifi device idea. I didn't know such a thing existed, will definitely try to get one.

joining in. The pictures of Japan look fab. Disney does not look like a Disney park though lol

Having a guide sounds like a fantastic idea. How does one go about doing this? And are they available for various areas in and around Tokyo as well as other cities? :confused3

Great trip report and I just wanted to share the rec for the Granvia in Kyoto - I stayed there last month and the location is amazing. It also had the best breakfast buffet of any hotel I've ever stayed in.

1F

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter