orange lakes-quickest route in/out of parks?

socalgirl

Earning My Ears
we'll be staying at orange lakes for 2 weeks with 7 day hoppers. i know there's a back route to avoid much of the traffic delays. we'll be going early am to arrive at park openings, go back to hotel for afternoon swim and early dinner and back to parks for evening. are there better ways to go for different times of day? what is the best route?
thanks
gayle

When you are driving out to OLCC on 192, you'll pass Silver Lake Resort on your right, Westgate Vacation Villas on your left. At that traffic light, the road leading to Silver Lake is Sherberth. This will take you to an access road that intersects with the entry road for Animal Kingdom's parking gates. Or drive away from AK and follow the signs to the other parks. Returning, you follow signs to AK and look for the "authorized traffic only" sign on this access road. It's a public street but not designed for large scale traffic, so they don't have regular signs.

I may have missed a step or a turn in these instructions. But the front desk staff at OLCC will certainly know about this back way to the parks. So ask at check-in. Also, there are many shops near the intersection of 192 & Sherberth. Ask in any of those. Hope that helps.

As you exit Orange Lakes, you will make a left on to 192. At the traffic light at 192 and Black Lake Road take a left. Follow Black Lake to it's end at Sherberth and take a left. Follow this until you reach the intersection at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Take a right and you are on Disney property at Animal Kingdom. Follow the Disney signs to where you wish to go. The "Authorized Vehicle Only" sign is no longer posted. It was taken down when AKL opened. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter