Orange Lake Information Thread

Thanks for this ,,, I don't care for unscreened patios either , so I backed off from this resort.

Hearing your review makes me want to try it .

How does it compare to bonnet creek ?
We like to walk and bonnet creek has a nice walk around the lake.

Do you think river island will be noisey in the rooms that overlook it ?

Actually I think Bonnet Creek buidlings are closer to the pools than River Island buildings. I think River Island should not have noise issues. If they do the noise should be less than Bonnet Creek. I have never stayed at River Island but I have stayed at Bonnet Creek a few times. I have always had a room facing the pool in building 5 at Bonnet Creek. I NEVER had an issue with noise at BC with my patio doors closed. In fact, I heard barely anything when they were closed. I have stayed on the 5th, 7th and 12th floors at BC. I think River Island and Bonnet Creek have BEAUTIFUL views. But because of the lake and the lighted fountains at BC I am going to give BC a few more points than River Island.

Walking.....I do agree BC has a more comfortable walking trail than Orange Lake. But I will give size to Orange Lake over Bonnet Creek. I doubt you can walk the entire resort in less than 30 minutes like you can at BC. Orange Lake offers a shuttle to move around. I am not sure if BC has one, but really I don't see BC needing one.

Ok....for anyone who owns or has stayed in River Island section recently......do River Island owners have to pay for tubes in waterpark? If not, do guests of owners get the same privileges as owners?? I need to know. I just sent a request to rent from an owner and haven't heard back yet. While I wait, I thought I would as someone here on the DISboard. Does anyone know for SURE??
:confused3:surfweb:

I may be asking alot of questions because I can ask the owner I plan to rent from.....but sometimes I actually trust the experiences and opinions of my DISboard members more
:laughing::disrocks:

Hello there!

I didn't know there was a thread here for Orange Lake Resort! I have been twice before (once at River Island and once at West Village) and we're heading back for a split stay POR first week and OLR the second week at River Island. My fil owns there, so we don't have to pay, yay for us lol. We really enjoy Orange Lake, we like River Island for convenience of the lazy river, food and shopping (and starbucks lol) but West Village was so much more peaceful! Plus at West Village we got to see fireworks from our balcony and also fireworks out the front door.

Our first two trips we were visiting Universal which is about a 30 min or so drive, but it was not bad at all. This trip is our Disney trip, and we are super excited.

I am an AP holder. When I stay offsite, even if not an AP holder, I search for one that is willing to mail their band for free parking. Most of the time, I have had no issue finding someone. They just ask for the shipping. I have sent one band back attached to a stuffed animal. My travel times from WBC were 5-10 minutes. I am expecting from OLR to be a little longer.
you dont need ID for that? So I could borrow my friend's pass (she is an AP Holder) and use that for parking?

Ok....for anyone who owns or has stayed in River Island section recently......do River Island owners have to pay for tubes in waterpark? If not, do guests of owners get the same privileges as owners?? I need to know. I just sent a request to rent from an owner and haven't heard back yet. While I wait, I thought I would as someone here on the DISboard. Does anyone know for SURE??
:confused3:surfweb:

I may be asking alot of questions because I can ask the owner I plan to rent from.....but sometimes I actually trust the experiences and opinions of my DISboard members more
:laughing::disrocks:
The only way to get the tubes and everything included is to stay in a signature unit, then you will get the passes. If it's just a regular unit, then no. Also the balconies, don't all face the pool, it gives the option when booking as an owner, pool view or forest view, pool more expensive. North Village has screened in patios and West Village has the tennis villas they are screened in as well. I leave for 2 weeks at my home away from home tomorrow.

Well I rented a River Island unit from an owner and I received my confirmation from Holiday Inn Club Vacations/Orange Lake. So I am officially booked in a 2bedroom unit on the 7th floor of River Island facing the pool. My family and I are SUPER excited!!! :cheer2: :woohoo:

We stayed at Orange Lake last year in the West Village. Although EVERYTHING was nice, I still missed having a screened in balcony. I like to sit on the balcony with an umbrella drink at night. I also enjoy the balcony with a cup of coffee in the morning. Staying at River Island has been on our bucket list for many years but we could never find an affordable unit during the summer when we traveled. Prices at Bonnet Creek and other resorts were always more budget friendly. This year I was fortunate to find an owner who had an AWESOME rental rate that I just couldn't refuse. It almost seemed too good to be true. Hopefully River Island will be all I dreamed it to be. So for any former guests of River Island, please share any tips, suggestions and advice. It will be GREATLY appreciated.

River Island here we come!!! :Pinkbounc

Can someone give me a rundown of the 'extras' pricing? How much are the tube rentals? Are you allowed to bring your own tubes and not pay?

Someone upthread mentioned mini-golf at, I think, $12/day or $20/wk, which seems reasonable. We don't really care about billiards or arcade games.

What other extra charges should I know about? We're doing a parks trip this year with no car, so OL wouldn't be a contender for this trip, but I'm intrigued by the idea of an affordable, active resort stay.

Can someone give me a rundown of the 'extras' pricing? How much are the tube rentals? Are you allowed to bring your own tubes and not pay?

Someone upthread mentioned mini-golf at, I think, $12/day or $20/wk, which seems reasonable. We don't really care about billiards or arcade games.

What other extra charges should I know about? We're doing a parks trip this year with no car, so OL wouldn't be a contender for this trip, but I'm intrigued by the idea of an affordable, active resort stay.
You dont have to pay for tubes. You can swim/float lazy river. We prefer that. If you book through an owner there shouldnt be any extra fees besides your mini putt and such. If you look on the website experienceorangelake.com you will see the play passes. Not necessary we dont buy them. There is lots to do without buying them. Any more information on me.

You dont have to pay for tubes. You can swim/float lazy river. We prefer that. If you book through an owner there shouldnt be any extra fees besides your mini putt and such. If you look on the website experienceorangelake.com you will see the play passes. Not necessary we dont buy them. There is lots to do without buying them. Any more information on me.

Hi Callie !!!! :yay:

How have you been? How was YOUR last trip? I have a question for you.....I didn't know the tubes for the lazy river were free. I thought there was a charge? Am I mistaken or did they just recently stop charging for the tubes? I am VERY excited about my upcoming stay as you can see. I finally got a River Island rental that I have been wanting for a long time. We can hardly wait. If the tubes are free, then that will just be icing on the cake!!

What are some things to do that are free?

Hi Callie !!!! :yay:

How have you been? How was YOUR last trip? I have a question for you.....I didn't know the tubes for the lazy river were free. I thought there was a charge? Am I mistaken or did they just recently stop charging for the tubes? I am VERY excited about my upcoming stay as you can see. I finally got a River Island rental that I have been wanting for a long time. We can hardly wait. If the tubes are free, then that will just be icing on the cake!!
Sorry, I didnt word that right. Tubes are not free. But swimming/floating is and we actually prefer that over the tubes.
We had a fantastic 2 weeks at Orange Lake & cant wait to return.

We stayed in West Village last Summer. We went to River Island 1 time. It was too crowded, never felt my belongings were safe on a table or seat. We spent about 45 minutes there and went back to West Village. So many activities to do in West Village. River Island has the lazy river and 2-3 slides. Nothing to make it overly exciting. We have both of those at the pool club we belong to.

Sorry, I didnt word that right. Tubes are not free. But swimming/floating is and we actually prefer that over the tubes.
We had a fantastic 2 weeks at Orange Lake & cant wait to return.

Will they allow you to use your own tubes from home or is it theirs or nothing?

Will they allow you to use your own tubes from home or is it theirs or nothing?
No cant use your own. But cant stop the kids from wearing arm floaties or life jackets. Trust me when I saw it's more enjoyable floating/swimming it. The tubes just get clogged up.

Reactions: js
How does one go about booking Orange Lake through an owner? I need something for 8 days in August. Please PM me if you have any info. Thanks so much!

Wanted to share my review of Orange Lake...we are new weeks owners, we received the week from a family member. We were not able to go for our week so we used RCI and booked Sept 30-Oct 7th in North Village. We had never even seen the resort. I found the resort very pretty and lush. We did not use any pools or other amenities at the resort. I am a Disney addict and we went to the parks every day. When we arrived they noted we booked through RCI and had no ideea we owned there. We arrived a little after noon and they were able to find a ready unit for us. They sent us to get our parking pass. He first started in not realizing wenwere owners, then had to change his speech after he asked where we owned. We were prepared and just continued to say no. He used the phrases I had heard of. We didnt take it personally, he is doing his job, obviously saying what he is supposed yo. Within a few minutes we were on our way. The unit was a 2 bedroom on the 2nd floor with a screened balcony. The resort was very quiet while we were there. It was very pretty and had lots of room. It was hotel room clean. I checked the mattress, headboard, couch and chairs for bed bugs. I found no sign of bed bugs but did find crumbs in the living room furniture. We didnt see any other bugs either except a few remaining love bugs. There was some things spilled on the side of the coffee and end tables. There was tooth paste on the front of the bathroom vanity. There were splashes of somethinv on the wall by the trash cans. I am pretty critical of hotel rooms. Next time I might buy some clorox wipes just for my own piece of mind. We did run the dishes through the dishwasher just to be sure. We rented a car and i was very pleased with the travel time to the parks.i keant to keep better track of times. Magic Kingdom was the longest because you have to take the monorail or ferry. We found the ferry to be quicker than the monorail. I enjoyed our stay and look forward to going back again next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!