Orange Lake Information Thread

Does anyone have info on getting Disney tickets from here. Do they have discounted tickets if you don't do the sales pitch? What is the discount if you do the sales pitch? Thanks

Lots of great info in this thread. We are considering renting a car for day one, use it to get groceries and then returning it. Then using Uber to the Disney Parks. It will be quicker and we wont have to pay parking since at this time we dont have AP. It looks like from MK to North Village is aboug $18.17. We used Uber on our last trip staying on Disney property between resorts. Any thoughts on this idea?

Lots of great info in this thread. We are considering renting a car for day one, use it to get groceries and then returning it. Then using Uber to the Disney Parks. It will be quicker and we wont have to pay parking since at this time we dont have AP. It looks like from MK to North Village is aboug $18.17. We used Uber on our last trip staying on Disney property between resorts. Any thoughts on this idea?

I personally prefer to have a car for my entire stay, especially if I am staying off-site. But that's just my personal preference. If you prefer to use Uber for transporation to get back and forth to the parks, then why rent a car at all?? You can use Uber for that too. Now the question is, if the average amount you pay Uber is $20/trip, then I would look into the possibility of renting a car for $25 - $30/day. If you can find one within that range, it may be about $50 - $75 more than you would have paid Uber, but the convenience of having your own transportation is worth the difference in my opinion. :car:

Hi all! We are new owners and super excited to be staying at West Village for the first time at the end of March! Came here looking for info and already learned quite a bit. One of my concerns is this "sales pitch". I mean, we've obviously sat through one already which is why we are owners now, but I have read that even as an owner they try to make you upgrade. I really just want to go relax for a few days and not deal with any of that. Is that possible?
Thanks in advance! :)

Hi all! We are new owners and super excited to be staying at West Village for the first time at the end of March! Came here looking for info and already learned quite a bit. One of my concerns is this "sales pitch". I mean, we've obviously sat through one already which is why we are owners now, but I have read that even as an owner they try to make you upgrade. I really just want to go relax for a few days and not deal with any of that. Is that possible?
Just say No thank you, you may have to repeat this. And unplug your phones. I have been checking in after the timeshark people go home.

Timeshark! Hahaha! Thanks for the advice. :)
No problem. When you check in they are going to send u to another desk to get your parking pass. This is where they will ask what you are doing while there, offer you a presentation, a breakfast, a tour...a welcome party. If you are travelling with your spouse, leave them in the car. Tell them u are here without your spouse. Can't do a tour without your spouse. Good luck.

We are owners too. While they will send you to the next desk for your parking pass, no thank you should do the trick. You may have to say it to more than 1 "offer" but after that you're free :yay:. Enjoy!

Let's revive this thread....anyone been at Orange Lake lately? I am trying to find a good rental rate for my August Vacation. My DD11 is dying to go back.
:wave:

Let's revive this thread....anyone been at Orange Lake lately? I am trying to find a good rental rate for my August Vacation. My DD11 is dying to go back.
:wave:
I was there in October & Dec & head back in 29 days......love me some Orange Lake. 2 week vacay coming up soon. Good luck with your rental.

I was there in October & Dec & head back in 29 days......love me some Orange Lake. 2 week vacay coming up soon. Good luck with your rental.

Have a GREAT time Callie !!!! I wish I had that kind of vacation time at work that I could go for a week or two during every season. I have only been to Florida during summer season. I can't wait to experience it during the fall and/or winter seasons. Have a GREAT time !!!!

Do you know if you can purchase the playpass for just one day? We have park days at disney and might not be able to get a 3 day use out of the playpass.

How many people are going? Is the Uber trip f $18.17 one way or round trip. If its round trip then you are looking at about $36/day. For that I would consider renting a car even if I had to pay an additional $20/day to park the car. The convenience of having your own transportation is worth the $20/day in my opinion. Besides, it also opens up the options of having a choice to having meals off-property at various places in the area. If you only have 4 people you can rent an economy car or compact car. Just consider the option.

I am also anxious to hear about your trip TamaraQT . Hope you come back to tell
us all about it.
Hi @JuneChickie ....I stayed for a week in August 2017. It was in the West Village. Orange Lake is VERY nice!!! I stayed in West Village and my only dislike of West Village are the open patios. I prefer to be screened in as I am not a fan of insects and other wildlife. Other than that, I must say I can't wait to stay again. I am currently awaiting a response from an owner I am attempting to rent from in the River Island Section. While I was there last year, we visited River Island once. It's the newest area of Orange Lake so of course its a bit more modern in look and feel. My family enjoyed the pools and activities but we didn't get to do everything we wanted so that calls for another visit !!! The grounds are immaculate, the staff are very polite and helpful. My kids enjoyed jumping on the shuttle to get around. We were fortunate enough to stay at a unit that was only a few steps to a shuttle stop. This was GREAT for teens old enough to get around a little on their own. The poolside activitirs and parties in the West Village were lots of fun. The North Village pool had a volleyball net and ongoing pool volleyball games which was the highlight of my DH vacation. My DD11 favorite was the glow-pool-party complete with glow necklaces and bracelets. I came in second place for a hula-hoop contest. Wow...we had a blast. We didn't eat at any sit-down restaurants. Just had poolside snacks and drinks. We did get to see "Boss Baby" on the blowup screen by the pool one night. I made popcorn in my unit and we snacked and swam...it was a blast. We are looking forward to going again!!! I hope I get to rent from another owner this year. I found a good deal for a River Island Unit. I just hope I am not too late in requesting but we shall see. Wish me luck !!!!

Who has stayed at River Island lately in Building 81000 ??? Does the balcony have a full view or is it still closed in with half concrete and half screened? When I toured there years ago, you had to stand up to see the view. Sitting down you were closed in and looking at concrete walls. Is it still that way or have they upgraded? I looked at online pictures and videos and it still shows both full screened views and some show screen/concrete views. What does it really have? I stayed in West Village last year and didn't pay attention to the units in River Island. So someone please fill me in !!! :surfweb:

River Island balcony overlooks the Pool area. The patio area is screened from the top to the bottom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!