Opinions, please..............

iluvtig2

Mouseketeer
(1) Best waist/fanny pack for adults? Needs to be spacious, but not bulky

(2) Best way to keep toddlers entertained when waiting in line?

Thanks!

iluvtig

I can't help w/fanny pack, but toddlers, I've got one! There is a big thread on the Family board on this very subject. My DS is 2yr & 3mo, I have taken him to Disneyland several times and he does very well without any diversions, (max wait 30min)! We just look at people/kids in line, keep walking through the line (Peter Pan, Small World) talk about the ride, what color teacup/Dumbo he wants, he has to be picked up sometimes and, of course, snacktime (pretzels, goldfish,&juicecup). This trip however, I am bringing a few things in line (BTW I got a very small backpack from Eddie Bauer instead of a fanny pack, for drinks to fit in): animal flash cards (he knows all 50 now), small MagnaDoodle, mister & small fan, hotwheels, I think that's it. If he is too fussy after all that, it's gotta be time to leave! :D
We leave on Thursday! YIPPEE!
I hope you have a wonderful time!

I bought a small fanny pack at Gander Mountain stores. it was actually the kids version, but was big enough for me without being too big, and hit had a spot to hold a water bottle - perfect!

keeping kids entertained? hm... little snacks I keep come in handy, I try not to get into lines that are too long myself! But my kids quickly learned if they wait a few minutes, they get to go on a ride.

The little hot wheels and the flash cards are great ideas! Small and easy to carry. I am starting a little box to collect items between now and the time we leave, so this is going to be a great start!

Now, anyone have a suggestion on the fanny/waist pack?

Thanks a million!

iluvtig

Nintendo Color and a couple of favorite games. and a fanny pack to store it in!!

I got a waist bag from Target - holds 2 water bottles, has a convertable shoulder strap, a padded cell phone holder, and has plenty of room. It's in the camping section - Eddie Baur 23.99. I tested @ a recent trip to our local park and it worked great.

Mini no spill bubbles. No matter what age your kids are, they will love these, and so will the people around them. At first they may say they dont want to do bubbles, but if a little child is nearby they love to keep them occupied as well.

Another item are mini binoculars. Kids love these, and it will help tehm view things that are far away. Mini Magna Doodles are a fun item as well.

Thanks so much! I will go to our local Target and check out the camping section! Also, the bubbles!! Super!! DS LOVES bubbles!

Thanks again!

iluvtig

I find that that the fanny pack you get with the white glove treatement is nice. I can get a lot of items in it and it is not bulky. These are the ones we use all the time.

For the toddler, we never wait in a line more that 30 minutes. Also, if you wait till people start lining up for the parades you can get on the rides pretty quick. The wait times go down quite a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter