Opinions please! Choosing between AKL pool view and YC standard view for Jan 2025

Babsy

DIS Veteran
So, we have the AKL booked with pool view for our 12 day trip in Jan. I LOVE the AKL, but we stayed there for our last trip and I wanted to stay somewhere different this time. DH is not as fond of the Epcot resort area, but says to do what I want, so.....I'm having a difficult time deciding. He does agree that walking to Epcot and DHS is a huge plus for that area. Also, the rooms are bigger and dining options with Epcot next door are better overall at YC. We really enjoy Jiko and Boma, but we ate there on our last visit and may still take the trip over to AKL for a meal or two. There really are a lot more nearby dining choices at the YC. Should I change? What would you do? The cost is about $600 more for the trip.

The pool at Yacht and Beach is going to be closed for renovation the 1st part of 2025. Probably not a big deal in January. Could you maybe do a split stay between the two or what about substituting Wilderness for AKL in a split with Yacht . Wilderness was designed by the same people who did AKL.

If the trip were just a few days, I would say you should stick with AKL, because it’s a pain to go from anywhere else to AKL for dinner. Since you have a long stay, though, losing a few hours in transit isn’t as much of an issue, and you might appreciate having more dining options close by. $600 for 12 nights is $50 per night. That might be worth it if it means getting back to your hotel more quickly after dinner most nights, and being able to walk to 2 parks rather than waiting for buses.

So, we have the AKL booked with pool view for our 12 day trip in Jan. I LOVE the AKL, but we stayed there for our last trip and I wanted to stay somewhere different this time. DH is not as fond of the Epcot resort area, but says to do what I want, so.....I'm having a difficult time deciding. He does agree that walking to Epcot and DHS is a huge plus for that area. Also, the rooms are bigger and dining options with Epcot next door are better overall at YC. We really enjoy Jiko and Boma, but we ate there on our last visit and may still take the trip over to AKL for a meal or two. There really are a lot more nearby dining choices at the YC. Should I change? What would you do? The cost is about $600 more for the trip.
OMG hands down not a second thought YC...ANY view. We love YC and really are not fans of AKL. - Among other things it just seems so in the middle of nowhere compared to the Epcot and MK resorts (I get why, but we're not fans).

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest