Open container rules

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
Is it permissible to carry an adult beverage in an adult sippy cup to the pools or while strolling the boardwalk at night?

I've seen people bring coolers of cans to the pool and enjoy them without hiding the cans. Is it ok to carry a can of beer / spiked seltzer around the boardwalk? Bring a hox of wine to the pool?

Thanks!

I am not sure that there is an open container law there. You are allowed to bring your own beverages down to the pool. I think that the only rule is no glass.

Not sure if you can have them on boardwalk. When leaving through IG heading to BC security had me finish drink before leaving.

I am not sure that there is an open container law there. You are allowed to bring your own beverages down to the pool. I think that the only rule is no glass.

Resort = Private property, as long as person not in a vehicle with it, even as a passenger; should be fine.

Some pools post no outside food/drink. Can't say I've ever seen it @ WDW resorts.

The theme parks have a size limit on coolers, IMO so should the resort pools. Have seen some very large ones rolled In and plopped down in common walkway areas, blocking egress for other guests. Long as folks are courteous don't see an issue as long as cans or plastic, no glass.

Not sure if you can have them on boardwalk. When leaving through IG heading to BC security had me finish drink before leaving.
I think the rule is you can’t take alcohol purchased in the park outside of the park. Nothing to do with Boardwalk specifically. Some of the stands on the boardwalk serve alcohol.

I’ve purchased a beer from the ESPN bar and asked for a “to-go” cup, then carried it to the International Gateway. I think we had to finish it before entering Epcot.

Is it permissible to carry an adult beverage in an adult sippy cup to the pools or while strolling the boardwalk at night?

I've seen people bring coolers of cans to the pool and enjoy them without hiding the cans. Is it ok to carry a can of beer / spiked seltzer around the boardwalk? Bring a hox of wine to the pool?

Thanks!
I bring large plastic cups with us and we have never had a problem walking around anywhere at the BW - pool or boardwalk. Just don't bring glass.

pools....yes you can bring a drink to the pool area; however, you cannot bring the drink to the pools edge...i.e., you're in the pool and you have your drink on the ledge of the pool. Have no idea what the Boardwalk rules are. You cannot have drink in hand before entering the International Gateway or exiting the International Gateway.

My husband and I had a lovely date night dinner at Flying Fish in October. Our waitress sealed the deal on my glass vs. bottle inner debate when she told me that I didn't have to finish it, that she would send it out with me in a nice wine bag! My oldest daughter and I finished it at a table on the Boardwalk. :)

yes you can walk around with drinks around the boardwalk and at the pool. you can't take it inside the park at IG though - even if its a 14 dollar margarita you just purchased on the boardwalk.......

I always wondered why you could buy a drink on boardwalk and walk around with it .But have to finish it or dump in upon entering Epcot. Where upon entering you can get drinks.

As for the pool we always have cooler of beers , water , and other cold drinks with us. We use a soft sided one as a carry one and then use it for pool drinks at hotel .

When at BWV it is a quick walk to gas station for beer and drinks .

I only saw security tell a group they had to move once. That group was having a full blown party and were annoying.

You are not supposed to have glass by the pool.

I always wondered why you could buy a drink on boardwalk and walk around with it .But have to finish it or dump in upon entering Epcot. Where upon entering you can get drinks.

Epcot is under its own liquor license and you can't bring open alcohol onto a licensed premise. Same as if you wanted to try and bring a beer into a sporting event. They would make you trash it or slam it.

Spot on about the liquor licensing. It happened to my girlfriend when walking from the IG to the boardwalk area. You can walk around wither place with drinks, but can't bring drinks from one to the other.
Epcot is under its own liquor license and you can't bring open alcohol onto a licensed premise. Same as if you wanted to try and bring a beer into a sporting event. They would make you trash it or slam it.

In my experience, open container is allowed while on foot at all of Disney property except the magic kingdom. I assume this would extend to the monorail and TTC with the new security locations, but I'm unsure.

couple years ago at HS after we got through the big line I saw a security guy carrying 5 bottles of beer from the entrance where he confiscated them from a guy. I stopped him and he said this happens a lot. some people think they can take alcohol into the parks. These were glass bottles. I can't believe how some people try to do this.

At Aulani back in May we were told we could not bring our own beer down to the pool area.

In my experience, open container is allowed while on foot at all of Disney property except the magic kingdom. I assume this would extend to the monorail and TTC with the new security locations, but I'm unsure.

I can confirm you cannot take an open container through security at the Poly to get on the monorail. Previously, I had taken drinks on the monorail with no problem, so on our October trip when my brother asked if he got a Lapu Lapu could be take it on the monorail and I mistakenly told him yes. He wasn’t happy trying to guzzle that thing down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter