Online Grocery sent to Hotel?

FirstFamDisTrip

Earning My Ears
My co-worker suggested that we use an online grocery store & have the items sent to the hotel so it's there when we arrive & we don't have to worry about taking it on the airplane or heading out to the store when we get there. Has anyone tried this? Thoughts?

Hi FirstFamDisTrip!

Welcome to the DIS!!! :)
I have not done this myself, but I have read about a number of people who have ordered from NetGrocer and had the package sent to their resort.
Hopefully some of those people will let you know their experiences!
Again Welcome! We hope that you will enjoy it here! :)

Last year I made an order for netgrocer.com and they delivered it to All Star Sports. It was all OK and also send a litle christmas ornament as a gift. Definitively is a great option

I recently used netgrocer. Had a wonderful experience with them. Package was waiting for me when I checked in to ASMU. Hotel had it sent to my room. Prices are comparable to NY prices so for me, this was a great way to go.. I had diapers and wipes in package! Go for it

I used netgrocer.com last year in early Nov, and I have a package waiting for me at OKW right now for our arrival on Sat! I was extremely happy with them last year, and I suspect I will be again this time. Everything that I ordered was in the box, and it was packed so nicely too :) I highly recommend them as an alternative to grocery shopping in FL. We now just have a list of about 6 things (perishables) to get at the grocery when we get there. It really saves us a lot of time; because, we no longer have to take a chunk of our day and wander around a strange grocery store looking for items on a long list! Plus, I thought the prices were comparable to what we pay here in Indiana :)

I also had a NetGrocer order delivered to ASMu in August.

When we checked in, the CM was alerted by the reservation system that packages were waiting. They were delivered to our room while we were enjoying our first afternoon at the parks.

It was great to come back to the room to find snacks and juice waiting for us. I brought a fold-up cooler, so we always had something cool to drink at hand.

One suggestion: I ordered too many of the little no-need-to-refrigerate aseptic milk boxes and ended up discarding them when my 8yo lost her taste for milk because of the heat.

A quart of milk from the gift shop would have kept quite well on ice in the ice bucket. I didn't check the gift shop prices for food items at ASMu, but there was a good selection at WL. (We moved there after 3 nights.)

If you check for manufacturer prepriced items (especially baked goods) in the gift shops, you won't pay any more than at your local grocery store. Beer, wine, and liquor (airline-size bottles) were much less expensive in the gift shop than at the resort restaurants and bars, as well.

We had a car, so we were able to make one trip off-site to Walgreens for bottled water. NetGrocer's bottled water prices seemed prohibitive, but then I ended up buying more than enough water at Walgreens anyway.

I love NetGrocer's interface; it applies discount coupons automatically, and there's always some freebie offer. I use them several times a year for staples at home. It's great during the holidays.

gadget-lady

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter