• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One more dinner to book...

rcyannacci

<font color="purple">A Feminist Princess...tiaras
We (4 adults) already have priority seating for dinner at the following places for our upcoming Dec. trip:

O'Hana's
Boma
Hoop De Doo
Rose and Crown (w/ CP package)
Spoodles

Our last night we will be doing MVMCP, so someplace near MK would probably be best. Leaning toward Kona Cafe...but we will have already visited the Poly once. What would be your suggestion?

Whispering Canyon at WL. It's really close to the MK and it's lots of fun.

I would recommend the following:

Cindy's or the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom
California Grill at the Contemporary
Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge

Just wondering...why so many recommendations for Whispering Canyon? My DH expressed interest in this...he's torn between here and Kona. We've done Artist Point in the past, but decided that we'd like to try a few new places.

I dont know what your budget is but how about Narcoosees, it is our favorite!

If you are doing Hoop De Doo, then Whispering canyons food choices will be similar. Of course my DH would not mind eating ribs twice!

I would go with Kona at the POLY. We tried this same thing for MVMCP at WL one year and it was a total disaster. People really seem to like the WL, but we didn't have a good time.

The food was just awful. It was all you could eat, but turned into all you could stand. They had all you could drink milkshakes, but they were mostly syrup and were so sweet you could hardly drink one without slipping into a sugar induced coma.

Kona has been a restaurant that we've gone to consistently over the years. I typically get the prime rib which is a safe bet since its hard to mess up. What keeps us coming back are the desserts. The Kilowai is a chocolate cake fill with hot fudge. When you fork into it the chocolate oozes out like lava from a volcano. Fun stuff.

For MVMCP I would recommend keeping it simple and eating in the MK itself. There are going to be crowds everywhere you go and you're best off staying close to your target destination. Beside you can get your wrist bands early.

A fellow Austinite! Thanks for the info.

Yea, I'm definitely leaning toward Kona or even the Liberty Tree Tavern, but my DH is a huge fan of ribs and is leaning toward the Whispering Canyon. I might have to recruit the couple we are going with to help me convince him that one night of ribs at the Hoop De Doo will be enough.:D

Chocolate oozing cake...sounds perfect:teeth:

For 4 adults, I'd personally like Narcoosee's. One monorail stop from the MK! But Whispering Canyon is less expensive and alot of fun too...can't go wrong with either.:D

It also depends on what kind of atmosphere you want. Whispering Canyon will be more loud and lively. Kona and others mentioned, Narcoosee's, California Grill, etc., will be more subdued.

Remind your DH that you don't have to travel to Orlando to eat ribs. You can great ribs and barbecue right here in Austin.

We'll be at WDW/DCL at the same time! Have a great trip!

Originally posted by RebeccaLovesDisney

Remind your DH that you don't have to travel to Orlando to eat ribs. You can great ribs and barbecue right here in Austin.

We'll be at WDW/DCL at the same time! Have a great trip!

Thank you!!! That's what I told him!!! Maybe I'll take him to Stubb's or County Line this weekend and try to convince him;)

I'll try to remember to bring my TX Longhorns shirt...wave if you see us:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter