One EPCOT day - crowd predictions?

revdon64

DIS Veteran
I'm taking my DS10 on a delayed birthday cruise in January (his birthday is July and we were supposed to go for his eighth, but that was summer 2020, so...). We added one day to our trip to go to EPCOT and try to ride Ratatouille and GOTG. Anyone have a guess what crowds at EPCOT might be like on Thursday January 26th, 2023? Marathons? School closures? etc?

Based on previous experiences over the years, that should be a pretty decent time to visit - a couple weeks after the marathon/runs, after MLK weekend, and before the mid-Feb pickup with Presidents Day/Valen Day/Daytona, and sometimes Mardi Gras. Being there on a Thursday will help. It's a time we really enjoy going, especially in recent years with the Arts Festival. We have yet to be there when GOTG is open, so no personal experience with that - but we have done VQs in the past that have worked well for us. So you'll probably want to consider the VQ (or ILL), and possibly G+ for Ratatouille. All things considered, your date for the day at EPCOT is probably a decent option with regard to crowds. That said, crowd predictions since Covid have been much more difficult to grasp sometimes! But late Jan can be a great time to enjoy a day and/or evening at EPCOT, with no heat, and with our favorite of the festivals..... Enjoy!

Based on previous experiences over the years, that should be a pretty decent time to visit - a couple weeks after the marathon/runs, after MLK weekend, and before the mid-Feb pickup with Presidents Day/Valen Day/Daytona, and sometimes Mardi Gras. Being there on a Thursday will help. It's a time we really enjoy going, especially in recent years with the Arts Festival. We have yet to be there when GOTG is open, so no personal experience with that - but we have done VQs in the past that have worked well for us. So you'll probably want to consider the VQ (or ILL), and possibly G+ for Ratatouille. All things considered, your date for the day at EPCOT is probably a decent option with regard to crowds. That said, crowd predictions since Covid have been much more difficult to grasp sometimes! But late Jan can be a great time to enjoy a day and/or evening at EPCOT, with no heat, and with our favorite of the festivals..... Enjoy!
This is pretty much what I was expecting, but it never hurts to seek the input of folks who go a little more than I do. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter