One big happy family...sports and safaris

kkmauch

Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with fact
Let me introduce the cast of characters:
Kassie: Me, 30s female from MN. My thug life is best represented by my retro red scooter and two labradors.
Wendy: 30s, sister and best friend. She tolerates Disney because it is warm and I've convinced her we need more mouse in our lives.
Belle: Niece, 11, in a very pre-teem phase of happy and funny one minute, drama queen and Maleficent the next.
Norene: Niece, 10, wants to be and do all the things her sister does, one phase behind in her pre-teen life.
Travis: Sister's ex-husband, 30s. Police officer who has come a long way and is a better person now than I've ever known him to be. First time to Disney and first real vacation with his kids.

Trip Details: 8 days and 7 nights (yes the girls are missing a couple days of school - still honor roll and won't get into that debate here). Staying our first night at the All Star Sports resort because we arrive fairly late (9:00 PM or so) to MCO from MSP. We are leaving after Math class for Belle so she can take her test which makes for a late arrival. We've stayed at AS Sports before, loved it last spring break when we got a GREAT deal with our annual passes! Just the one night this time, then over to two one bedroom units at Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Kidani.

We will be doing some things for the first time on this trip (a big deal since we go 1-2 times a year and have close to 100 visits between the court of us who have been to WDW before). We'll be eating dinner at O'hana for the first time and staying at AKV Kidani for the first time as well! In addition, we are hoping to take the night Safari one night while we are there, but have not yet been able to book (some nights have room for 2-4 of us but none have room for 5).

Attached is a picture of our schedule...Disney Plan.jpg

So far...

We have some things ready for the trip.
  • FastPass+ booked
  • Dining booked
  • Magical Express booked
  • Online check-in complete
  • Advance purchase Memory Maker booked
  • Nani's Creations gift baskets ordered
  • Garden Grocer in-room food ordered
  • Owner's Locker arrival scheduled
  • Magic Bands personalized and received
  • Magic Band custom monogram stickers (etsy) received
  • Dad's first trip bright pink fanny pack (etsy) received
  • Matching tie die Mickey head shirts (etsy) received
Still need to pack and get electronics ready. We take a couple GoPros and a DSLR for family videos for each trip.

Last edited:
So here is our cast of characters....
First up, Me!!
image.jpg

Next up: Wendy, Belle and Norene....

image.jpg

And finally, Dad (with his new fanny pack)...
image.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg This weekend consists mainly of packing and getting the dogs ready for their week at doggy day camp.

Just two more sleeps now!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter