• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

?? on using fabric markers.......

Lisa L from MI

<font color=0099CC>Just call me the handing out ke
I am not at all a "crafty" person.......but......we are going camping this weekend..........Halloween camping where the kids trick or treat campsite to campsite on Saturday.........My idea was to get white pillow cases for the kids to decorate with fabric markers for their candy bags......

My question.....is there a certain type of markers to buy??? Where is the cheapest place to get them.....and should I wash and dry the pillow cases first???

Thanks for your help!!!

That sounds like a fun project. :)

First I would ask you if this is a one time thing they will probably throw away, or something you want to keep and reuse every year. I would recommend different methods depending on your answer.

If it is something special, I would prewash the fabric and use special fabric markers. They are more expensive, but they will last longer. You can find them at any craft store.

If you're going to throw it away, you won't have to worry about washing it first. Just use sharpie markers or even crayola markers.

I am in charge of Sunday School at our church. For our new Education building's dedication I wanted to make a banner. I ripped white cotton squares and had each child decorate one with a Bible story or symbol, using fabric markers. I then pieced them together like a quilt and it turned out really cute. The markers were super easy to use. Even the preschool kids got into the act.

I don't know what brand of fabric markers I got, but I used a 40% off coupon at Michaels. Instead of buying individual markers, I bought a set, so I got the 40% off all of them. (Well, actually, I added a few other colors that I thought they would need). You might want Halloween colors for this project, but they had a neon pack that might work.

thanks all.......it worked out pretty well this weekend.......I ended up getting a pack of 8 markers from JoAnn's.......they are pretty pricey!!! Also got some fabric "crayons" that worked out pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter