OMG - I'm going to Disney on 5/25 - 5/28

PamNC

DIS Veteran
I can't believe I did it. But I did. I booked a last minute solo trip - had to be major budget trip. I went through priceline and for Maingage Lakeside Resort... I would LOVE to hear any reviews .. good or bad. I won't be in the room hardly at all. I got the room for $44 a night plus the usual fees and taxes.

I'm about to pass out - I've been toying with doing this for weeks and I finally just said to myself "you only live once so just do it even if I have to pack my lunches for a month."

SUPPORT NEEDED - nervous and excited.

Pamnc

Good for you! We stayed at the Maingate Lakeside Resort about 15 years ago on a Priceline bid and it was a good deal for the $ we paid. Not super fancy, but adequate and decently clean. We only used the room to sleep and shower in as we spent most of our time at the parks. They did have a cute (free) miniature golf course on property that my middle daughter just loved. Not sure if it's still there. Go into it with the right attitude, and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Good for you! We stayed at the Maingate Lakeside Resort about 15 years ago on a Priceline bid and it was a good deal for the $ we paid. Not super fancy, but adequate and decently clean. We only used the room to sleep and shower in as we spent most of our time at the parks. They did have a cute (free) miniature golf course on property that my middle daughter just loved. Not sure if it's still there. Go into it with the right attitude, and I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Thank you - I'm hoping for just clean and decent for the price so this helps me feel better - thank you. I'm only there to sleep and shower - nothing else.

Anyone else have reviews to share?

I remember your opaque booking thread. So glad you jumped on a good deal.

I’ve never stayed at that hotel so no review to add, but most hotels should be fine as a crash pad after your busy days in the parks. Just keep your expectations low, and hopefully you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

this is one of the first hotels on US 192 and it has not been really updated - asbestos is the main problem. when I stayed there about 7 years ago it was fine - the only problem was unlike most of the hotels (around it) it does not have a back way to Black lake road. so either you go right and to black lake road or left to sherberth road to get to WDW.

this is one of the first hotels on US 192 and it has not been really updated - asbestos is the main problem. when I stayed there about 7 years ago it was fine - the only problem was unlike most of the hotels (around it) it does not have a back way to Black lake road. so either you go right and to black lake road or left to sherberth road to get to WDW.
UGH - asbestos. Well, hopefully I'll live through that. I'll take Sherberth. Thanks.

All - I'm really nervous about this - if anyone has been kinda' recently - I'd love to hear the truth. good or bad. My nerves are shot. H E L P

Bumping - sorry - I'm freaking a little. Any updates you may have on this hotel would be appreciated.

Update: I contacted Priceline and they made an exception for me. I told them I had heard stories about bed bugs and I was very concerned. They made an exception and gave me a full refund even though that wasn't the policy. Kudos to Priceline ! Now, I will be more cafeful and find myself a decent room. Thank God!

Glad everything worked out for you. Enjoy your trip!
Thank you so much. The other hotel completely freaked me out. apparently all you have to do for priceline to cooperate is mention bed bugs. Thank goodness.

boy did not know about the bed bugs - have not been to it in a long time (probably 5 years or so) so thanks for the warning. It was a nice hotel once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter