OMG! Disney Instead of Camping? Oh Heck Yeah! F&W Fest 9/10-9/15 Trip! (UPDATE 8/18)

Nakkira

DIS Veteran
Squee!!! We are doing it! After 5 years we are hitting the Epcot Food and Wine Festival again!

This time staying on site and with 5 day Park Hoppers

Who:

DSCN8076_zps176c00a3.jpg

My Darling Disney Hubby

(I call him “S” to protect his internet privacy) He like some Disney animated movies (he loves UP a lot and there were several nods involved in our wedding), Some Classic Disney Movies, and Pixar. He’s not a Fanatic but is tolerant of me being so. He hates being too hot (Sept should be fun for him)

Me:

DSCN8464_zpse0d6b818.jpg

I love Disney World. I love Disney. I was raised on it! the classic Movies and Cartoons. I love Pixar. I Love Muppets. I love Star Wars. One of my Favorite newer Princesses is Rapunzel. Instead of the Wedding March I used “I See the Light” when I married “S”.

What: The 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival. We last Went Oct 2013
We are both major Foodies!
DSCN8486_zps56cf145e.jpg

My hubby had said at the time that he was not in a hurry to do it again, especially as the menus could be repetitive, but that he would consider it again in a few years.
As it turns out he was cleaning his car and found the CD of music we listened to on the way to the airport last time and it got him thinking that he’d be willing to go again. Also he really did NOT want to go on the camping trip we had planned previously for August so he talked me into doing this instead. (he didn’t have to twist my arm hard) Besides I had more vacation time available By September than I did for August so this timing worked better. Half the reason he didn’t want to go camping is that he doesn’t like being overheated. (this will still be an issue in FL in early Sept)

Where: All Star
Movies Music (switched to Music from movies for free dining) We still can’t afford luxury but at least this time we can stay on property. I pointed out to the DH too that he can go back to the room mid-day to cool off and rest if he needs to, unlike last time.

846c5d2aabe7ff959d8fa701fc3ceaf5--olaf-frozen-frozen-disney.jpg

When: Sept 10th-15th.

We also got 5 day Park Hoppers. I really wanted them this time and decided Hopping was worth the extra money for this trip. Much more scheduling flexibility and is we find ourselves not enjoying our plans as much we have the ability to change them. Staying on property should help with this as well.

I was pretty much able to pay outright for our Rooms, Tickets, and flight. This gives me 5 months to Save for food and incidentals.

I also need to lose some weight and get in shape by then too. I weigh 40lbs more than I did for our last Epcot trip and 20lbs more than I did on my solo mini trip.

I don’t want my body to betray me hard this time.

So I have fitness and savings goals to meet.

5 Months to plan.

ITINERARY POST -CLICK HERE

Wish me luck!

Please come along for the ride!

EDIT: (4/24/18) We are now Staying at All Star Music with Free Quick Service Dining!

Last edited:
Glad to hear you have a trip planned! Sounds like it will be good, and good that you will be staying on property this time, I remember how much trouble you had with off site transportation last time.

Awesome! Can't wait to read your report - my friend and I are heading there in Sept. as well :)

Glad to hear you have a trip planned! Sounds like it will be good, and good that you will be staying on property this time, I remember how much trouble you had with off site transportation last time.

Yes, it worked but it put a damper on things. I am so very grateful we can stay on property this time, even if it's a "value resort"

Hey I love the value resorts myself! I've yet to stay at a moderate or deluxe (maybe one day). Your photos were working when I originally read your post but they don't seem to be now :confused3

Hey I love the value resorts myself! I've yet to stay at a moderate or deluxe (maybe one day). Your photos were working when I originally read your post but they don't seem to be now :confused3
That is so weird and frustrating. (the photos)

I mean it would be nice to stay Deluxe some day, but to be honest. I most just sleep and shower in my room. Although with the Hubby want A/C break I might spend a bit more time there than usual. I just hope my Standard room isn't the farthest room from the main building....
I get plenty of walking in the parks, I hate having to hike an additional mile to the room.
:-)

Last edited:
It’s only been a few days since we booked and I am pretty sure I am already driving my husband crazy with planning.

But right now I am in that overly over-excited stage where it’s all I want to talk about or think about.
can't hold it in anymore.gif

Where will we eat (The fact that we are doing Food and Wine and “S” doesn’t want to be forced into too stick of a schedule takes some of the fun away from this. I am only going to be making a few Dining Reservations)
:drinking1

I can’t do Fast Pass yet so I need to chill on our park days a bit (for now)

Of course I am catching up on all the trip reports trying to figure out what’s new.

Hey I found out today that ALL of the Parks have a Starbucks so I can use Swagbucks to earn Starbucks gift cards and pay for some snacks and drinks that way!
aliceshirt.JPG
I am really not a Starbucks fanatic, but if I can get it free (well I do earn it in surveys) that's a few less snacks and drinks out of pocket!

Of course there is the whole matter of getting myself ready!
I mean I have to plan my outfits
packing.jpg

I want to buy all the Disney Tee’s (trying not too, I have tons I have gotten too big to wear but I really am trying to dump some weight before my trip)
I want to figure out my Disney Bounding outfits

(I am thinking of doing Belle by wearing something like this this over a white shirt)

51CU0hQ9LDL._UY879_.jpg

I do my own gel nails now so I already trying to figure out nail-art designs.
disstamp.JPG

I might get this stamping plate

Disney Brain! I love it!

5d7df83e87d99a2a03c3d1ddfc4e3c9e.jpg

Last edited:
Photobucket doesn't allow 3rd party hosting / posting anymore.... if you ask me its going to put the company out of business!

If you have a google photo's account via your phone, you can follow these easy steps to get a link:

https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/

It's something that I use all the time now that PB has changed its policies.

Photobucket doesn't allow 3rd party hosting / posting anymore.... if you ask me its going to put the company out of business!

If you have a google photo's account via your phone, you can follow these easy steps to get a link:

https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/

It's something that I use all the time now that PB has changed its policies.

Thank you. I wish I had realized this yesterday! LOL

Let The Shopping Begin!

Okay, so I highly doubt I could Ever convince the Hubby to do "matching shirts". I am taking a risk and hoping he's a sport enough to co-ordinate (I mean we have coordinated Halloween costumes )

Last night I bought him this :
anger shirt].JPG

Hopefully to wear the same Day I wear this:

disgust shirt.JPG

My shirt will actually have a purple back-ground not the black

Even better would be if I can get us to Meet Joy and Sadness that day (anyone know which park I can find them in?). Although he REALLY doesn't do character meets.

I can hope..

rich_insideout_footer_33eb9119.jpeg

GAH! So the only reservation I could get for BOG is breakfast on our first morning.
I just checked out the menu and prices and it SO does not look worth it to me. Is it worth it?
I REALLY want to see the inside, and as far as I know, eating there is the only way. However I really don't think the breakfast prices look like it's wort it just to see.
I will hold off cancelling for now but does anyone have and feedback for me and or better suggestions?

Last edited:
I've never had breakfast there so can't really advise if it's worth it. I would say hold on to it and just keep looking for a lunch to open up!

That is so weird and frustrating. (the photos)

I mean it would be nice to stay Deluxe some day, but to be honest. I most just sleep and shower in my room. Although with the Hubby want A/C break I might spend a bit more time there than usual. I just home my Standard room is the farthest room from the main building....
I get plenty of walking in the parks, I hate having to hike an additional mile to the room.
:-)
Back in 2004, when we were all younger, we used to stay at the All Stars Music and loved it. We took our afternoon breaks in the pool or napped in our room.

A few years ago, we did a split stay and ended our trip with one night at the Beach Club. We walked into Epcot’s World Showcase for a couple of hours but spent most of our time in the pool (Stormalong Bay). It was our first taste of deluxe. We are in our 50’s now and spend a lot of time at our resort. We stayed at the Contemporary two years ago, and will be staying at the Polynesian in July.

When we were younger we absolutely loved the Music. I truly believe that the value resorts are still a big upgrade from staying off property. You will love the convenience. And remaining in the magical Disney bubble is priceless.

Back in 2004, when we were all younger, we used to stay at the All Stars Music and loved it. We took our afternoon breaks in the pool or napped in our room.

A few years ago, we did a split stay and ended our trip with one night at the Beach Club. We walked into Epcot’s World Showcase for a couple of hours but spent most of our time in the pool (Stormalong Bay). It was our first taste of deluxe. We are in our 50’s now and spend a lot of time at our resort. We stayed at the Contemporary two years ago, and will be staying at the Polynesian in July.

When we were younger we absolutely loved the Music. I truly believe that the value resorts are still a big upgrade from staying off property. You will love the convenience. And remaining in the magical Disney bubble is priceless.

Yeah, when he and I went before we absolutely could not afford to stay on site. I am looking forward to being in the Disney bubble and hope he likes it better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter