Old San Juan Restaurants Under $15 Per Entrée

dtk07

Mouseketeer
We are spending a night at the CasaBlanca hotel in OSJ the night before our cruise.

We are looking for restaurant ideas, ideally under $15 an entrée, although a couple more dollars for good food is not a deal breaker.

I'm guessing we would have one other meal during our time there. Any ideas under $10 in the same general area?

We've been to San Juan twice while cruising with Disney. I would HIGHLY recommend:

Cafe Puerto Rico - get their tropical rum punch and their stuffed mofongo rellenos!

Website - http://www.cafepuertorico.com/
Menu - http://www.cafepuertorico.com/menu/menu.pdf

Also, walk up the hill from Cafe Puerto Rico to Bastion de la Derecha de San Justo y Pastor and see the CAT CHAIRS! (hoping Googlemaps downloads the location properly)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...2acde0c703c8011!8m2!3d18.463791!4d-66.1156422

When we were in San Juan back in November, our favourite was El Jibarito, close to the Castello San Cristobel. It was a very casual place that did authentic Puerto Rican food. Most dishes were in the $10-15 range and very generous, three plates was plenty for two adults and two tweens. Make sure to order the bacailitos to start, cod fritters that are strangely addictive. I think our total bill for a starter, three mains, one beer and three juices was $75, including tax and tip.

We spent 3 days in Old San Juan in February before our cruise and ate at many restaurants that had meals for $15 or less. We loved all of the food we had and all were very casual. A few places I can remember are Café El Punto, Café Manolin, Barrachina, El Meson Sandwiches and Carthage Express to name a few. Just google Cheap eats and there are many more listed. Have fun!

When we were in San Juan back in November, our favourite was El Jibarito, close to the Castello San Cristobel. It was a very casual place that did authentic Puerto Rican food. Most dishes were in the $10-15 range and very generous, three plates was plenty for two adults and two tweens. Make sure to order the bacailitos to start, cod fritters that are strangely addictive. I think our total bill for a starter, three mains, one beer and three juices was $75, including tax and tip.
I second El Jibarito. We asked the front desk person at our hotel and this is where he recommended. It was only about a block away. The service was a little slow, but the food and atmosphere were fabulous. It is clearly a favorite of locals because it was filled with them. The prices were very reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter