Old disney tickets.

Kenbar

Mouseketeer
I have 3 Park hopper passes from 1991 each with 2 remaing days on. We will be there in sept/oct as a party of 5. Should I buy 4 new park hoppers and let one person use up the outstanding days on the old tickets or should I part exchange the old passes for new ones. The tickets were originally bought at the gate for 111 dollars each. They are valid for three parks as AK was not open then.

Ken, I would see if you can part-exchange them for new ones at Guest Services at any park. As your old ones won't be valid for Animal Kingdom, it seems someone is likely to miss out on that park!

It may be worth just asking at Guest services what the trade-in value would be before deciding which route to follow. I have a feeling that the trade-in value is dictated by the price you paid, rather than the current value, but I'm not sure.

I'll see whether I can find out more.

Hmmmm, I'm not sure as I've never done it, but I always thought that it's done per day, and then a modern day value is assigned to it for exchange.

ie. You've 2 days left on an old, old pass, if you want to put it towards say a new 5 day Hopper, they will calculate how much 2 days of a 5 day is worth at todays price, and that is what they will discount from the new total.

You've paid for 2 days entry previously, so that's what you should get.

Penny :D

Penny - that would make sense, to calculate the value in days rather than $$$s.

Hi Penny and Hilary

It makes quite a bit of difference in dollars depending on how they work it out.
The original 4 day pass cost $111 and the new 4 day pass costs $203 so if they allow day for day a new pass would cost $101.50

If they only allow the cost remaining of the new pass then it would cost $203 minus $55.50. =147.50

$46 difference. plus I have three tickets so the potential difference is $138

Sorry if the maths are boring:o

Would the Disney stores in UK know the answer.

Ken

Ken, I think it unlikely that you'd get a definite answer from the Disney Store as they don't always seem as 'clued up' on the US parks as you might expect!

I forgot to post the link for the thread I posted on the US boards asking this question for you. Check it out here as there is some useful information.

Hi Hilary

Thanks for the link. Question answered and problem solved !:D

Thanks to everyone else who helped too. :)

Ken

Well, I think that's just poop that they do it on the original cost and not on the days you've bought!

Penny :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter