Okw studio...?

mrsgoose8

Mouseketeer
Hey All! I'm looking at OKW for an upcoming stay. I think we would really like it based on the pics! I'm wondering a couple of things... we have a 4 & 2 year old... how are the pools for young kiddos? Do you think a studio would work out okay for us? I think I've read/seen that the studios there are larger than say, a value bedroom at the POP ? we stayed at the Pop last year and i t was a nightmare sleep wise. I'm thinking from the pictures that a pack n play could fit near the closett/outer sink or inside the bathroom? Do you think we'd be crazy in a studio?? LOL. Right now we have a 1 BR at AKV booked but id love it if we could stretch our points. thanks in advance!

Hey All! I'm looking at OKW for an upcoming stay. I think we would really like it based on the pics! I'm wondering a couple of things... we have a 4 & 2 year old... how are the pools for young kiddos? Do you think a studio would work out okay for us? I think I've read/seen that the studios there are larger than say, a value bedroom at the POP ? we stayed at the Pop last year and i t was a nightmare sleep wise. I'm thinking from the pictures that a pack n play could fit near the closett/outer sink or inside the bathroom? Do you think we'd be crazy in a studio?? LOL. Right now we have a 1 BR at AKV booked but id love it if we could stretch our points. thanks in advance!

We have been members for 21 years. OKW is our home resort and where we prefer to stay. That being said, I don't think the pools there compare w/ the pools at the newer DVC resorts when you are considering young children. I think a studio there would work fine for you. They are a nice size, but remember, at OKW, all studios have 2 queen beds, no pull out sofas. A pack n play would fit between the bedroom and the tub/toilet area, but then you will need to go past the sleeping child to get to the tub/toilet area. The 1 bedrooms at AKV are really nice, and both of the pools there (both of which you would have access to) are very lil kid friendly. I'd go w/ AKV, having done both. My 2 cents. Good luck.

Keep in mind that the majority of the buildings at OKW do not have elevators. That means you might need to carry not only the kids up flights of stairs (as many three floors) but the stroller(s) and bags too. I always felt sorry for the families coming back from the parks late at night and struggling to get everything back into the rooms. Sure you can request a first floor room but that means it's not a guarantee.

^^^^ trust me! that part REALLY stinks! It was SO difficult when I took the kids alone!

We own at OKW and always ask for top floor...and have dragged the double stroller and two sleeping kids up to the third floor...although we were tired, we loved, loved, loved being on the top flor rather than have people above us....lied the views too! Agree that the pool at AKL is better for young toddlers.

Beautiful resort! We just stayed there and did the tree exchange....btw, pirate granny, that tree never made it back. What a fiasco the tree exchange was this year!

We now own at OKW after staying there a couple years ago. We love the theming. Stayed in a 1 bedroom and are now booked for a 2 bedroom in March.

What do you mean the tree never made it back. I got it back, the label was different.

Next year I'm going to ask that each person give me a call or email when they pick it up. I hope it didn't sit in the luggage room. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter