OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Hello Everyone! Coffee Pot Question...What kind of coffee pots are in the OKW DVC Studio? I want to bring my own coffee but its for a drip machine.
Either Mr Coffee style flat bottom basket filter coffee makers 4-6 cups or 10-12 cups. If you need the larger and get the smaller, contact Housekeeping. You need your own filters, too. You will get one or two packets of Joffrey's coffee each service day. Each packet makes 4-6 cups.

Either Mr Coffee style flat bottom basket filter coffee makers 4-6 cups or 10-12 cups. If you need the larger and get the smaller, contact Housekeeping. You need your own filters, too. You will get one or two packets of Joffrey's coffee each service day. Each packet makes 4-6 cups.
Thanks a bunch! I'll bring my own filters and coffee.

Can anyone give me an update on which areas have been refurbished? We will be staying later this month and I would like to put in a room request for a refurbished room, but not too far from HH. I've heard that they have been working on refurbishing 27, 28, and 29. Does anyone know if those are done, or will be by the end of Oct? My second choice is something in the Turtle Pond area, but it seems like that would be quite a walk to HH and the main pool.

Is the snack bar at Turtle Pond still seasonal? How do we find out if it’s open or closed before we go down? Our dates at OKW are Nov 29- Dec 4, and our family normally requests Turtle Pond area.

Also, are they still only refilling mugs if they are open, or have they by any chance added a refill station?

Can anyone give me an update on which areas have been refurbished? We will be staying later this month and I would like to put in a room request for a refurbished room, but not too far from HH. I've heard that they have been working on refurbishing 27, 28, and 29. Does anyone know if those are done, or will be by the end of Oct? My second choice is something in the Turtle Pond area, but it seems like that would be quite a walk to HH and the main pool.
Yesterday when we walked by it looked like they were carrying in all the small stuff for the rooms, this morning it seemed like they were occupied. 23, 24, 25 & 26 are closed off and being worked on. We’re staying in Turtle Pond and we’re next to the pool in that area. Hopping on a bus and heading to HH has been easy but doesn’t seem any faster than walking. On our last trip we were in building 31 and the walk from there was easy, and those are refurbished.

Yesterday when we walked by it looked like they were carrying in all the small stuff for the rooms, this morning it seemed like they were occupied. 23, 24, 25 & 26 are closed off and being worked on. We’re staying in Turtle Pond and we’re next to the pool in that area. Hopping on a bus and heading to HH has been easy but doesn’t seem any faster than walking. On our last trip we were in building 31 and the walk from there was easy, and those are refurbished.
Thank you, georgejr!

I want to make sure I’m understanding, then I will update my thread keeping track of the refurbs. You’re saying 27, 28 and 29 are now done and they’re now working on 23-26?

Here is a thread where I’m attempting to keep the refurb info current. Links to a list and a map.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/okw-renovations-consolidated-list.3707809/

Ate at Olivia's on Tuesday evening and was a bit disappointed. It was noisy as usual (large tables, lots of kids and the tin ceiling, plus a server dropped a tray coming from the kitchen, with food and drink on it). But my Southernmost Buttermilk Chicken wasn't up to par. It had a couple of pickle slices mixed into the batter (I hate pickles) and it looked like it had been deep fried a few times to keep it hot. Potatoes were rather gluey, too. Green beans were the best. It took a while to get our order taken, but not that long to bring it out. Not bad enough to complain or whine, but just not great enough to be truly satisfied. We'll try it again on a future trip though. We've really enjoyed Olivia's every other time.

Oh, and I was surprised to see a buttermilk-type biscuit sitting on top with gravy on it, too. I've never been a fan of stacked up food, first thing I do is separate it all to make sure I can eat it. Never had the biscuit on the chicken before. And I've had the chicken multiple times. I prefer my biscuits for breakfast with grape jelly.

Anybody else have any recent reviews of Olivia's?? We have never been and are looking to go our next trip.

Anybody else have any recent reviews of Olivia's?? We have never been and are looking to go our next trip.

Had a great meal there for dinner, I had the new york strip cooked medium rare and it was perfect. Tender, juicy and very very tasty! :D My dessert was the banana fosters bread pudding which was delicious.

Aaah I miss OKW so much already and we've only been home 2 weeks.

I'm looking at switching at the 7 month mark to a 2 bedroom near hospitality house. Nervous as we have never stayed here.

I want to make sure I’m understanding, then I will update my thread keeping track of the refurbs. You’re saying 27, 28 and 29 are now done and they’re now working on 23-26?
Yes, 27,28 & 29 looked occupied and the others are behind walls being worked on. Sorry for taking so long to respond but just returned home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter