OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

In addition to the boats coming from the various resorts, there are also boats that travel from dock to dock. So you can ride to the dock nearest to HOB if the OKW boat doesn’t dock there.

The DS website https://www.disneysprings.com/ has a map. I’m pretty sure it shows the boat docks but couldn’t see it on my cellphone screen!

This sounds like the PERFECT plan, thank you!! There is a dock right down from House of Blues (West Side Dock, I think), very close to where the Cirque du Soleil show used to be.

This sounds like the PERFECT plan, thank you!! There is a dock right down from House of Blues (West Side Dock, I think), very close to where the Cirque du Soleil show used to be.

Yes there is - I just can’t remember where the OKW boat docks! It’s been a while since we rode any of the DS-resort boats.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but I couldn't find anything: what boat launch at DS does the OKW boat dock at? Or does it make the rounds to all 3 launches?

A cousin and I are running all three races at the Princess Half Marathon Weekend (yes we're crazy :P ) and want to do the House of Blues Gospel Brunch after the half but I know we're going to want to walk as little as possible once the half is done.

Thanks!!
Each of the resort boats only make one stop.

DS13 invited a friend to spring break but we booked a studio at OKW. I don't see availability right now for a larger room but I have waitlisted a couple options. My question is - can the OKW accommodate an individual on a blow up mattress? I know there isn't a murphy bed.

Are there any dual entry bathrooms in the one bedroom units near Hospitality House? If not does anyone know which bldgs they are in? Thanks

Ok, so are bldgs 62 and 63 considered "near hospitality house"? Or just the bldgs numbered in the teens? Is there a thread/link that tells what bldgs are the "Near HH" category that you can refer me to? Thanks

Ok, so are bldgs 62 and 63 considered "near hospitality house"? Or just the bldgs numbered in the teens? Is there a thread/link that tells what bldgs are the "Near HH" category that you can refer me to? Thanks
Officially, near Hospitality is bldg 11 to 14 and 23 to 26, none of which have the additional bathroom entry. Bldg 62, 63 and 64 will have the entry, and they are occasionally used for Near HH overflow, but are also often used for those with mobility issues, since they are the only buildings with elevators.

DS13 invited a friend to spring break but we booked a studio at OKW. I don't see availability right now for a larger room but I have waitlisted a couple options. My question is - can the OKW accommodate an individual on a blow up mattress? I know there isn't a murphy bed.
As long as the total in the studio is only four. It doesn't sleep five.

Can anyone verify Which Bldgs. are done and which ones aren't....It's hard to keep up....Or maybe it's late & I'm starting to get delirious:crazy:

It's just. We are staying in Nov. as well in a 1BR...& I think I've changed my requests twice, but in my mind I think I've toggled back n forth at least 1/2 dozen times...Do I want close to HH, Do I want Top floor, Do I want Elevators, Do I want close to pool, Do I want Newly renovated....Aye aye aye....

Can anyone verify Which Bldgs. are done and which ones aren't....It's hard to keep up....Or maybe it's late & I'm starting to get delirious:crazy:

It's just. We are staying in Nov. as well in a 1BR...& I think I've changed my requests twice, but in my mind I think I've toggled back n forth at least 1/2 dozen times...Do I want close to HH, Do I want Top floor, Do I want Elevators, Do I want close to pool, Do I want Newly renovated....Aye aye aye....
If you want close to Hospitality House, you have to book that one. It's not a request. Otherwise, just request Turtle Pond or South Point since those are the two areas that are being renovated first if that is what you want.

If you want close to Hospitality House, you have to book that one. It's not a request. Otherwise, just request Turtle Pond or South Point since those are the two areas that are being renovated first if that is what you want.
I wasn't able to get close to HH....But I believe on my initial request, I put in for #27 and numbers 62,63, 64... because of their proximity to HH without that category

Also, this might have been asked a ton already but, seeing how there are numerous bus stops, Is it the same route for all the parks...Going and returning? And if so, or not, can someone tell me the order of the stops if you know them...T.I.A.

EDIT: NVM...Just saw it on the 1st page....:magnify:

Last edited:
All park buses have the same route, both going and returning.
Peninsular Road, South Point, Turtle Pond, Miller Road and Hospitality House.

Here now. Staying in a renovated room, building 42 Turtle Pond area. All of this area is done and the farthest area of South Point is being renovated now.
There are not construction walls up in any other area.

This might be a stupid question, but do they have a place where you can get danishes/muffins/ possibly mickey waffles for a quick bite before heading to the bus in the a.m.? And also refill for the coffee..thnx.

No. Olivia's is the restaurant onsite. The quick service Gurgling suitcase opens at 11am and located at the HH by the pool
Sorry, but yes, the quick service, is Good’s Food to Go, which is next to the bar called the Guirgling Suitcase. Good’s Food to Go offers breakfast (coffee, French Toast, eggs, breakfast bowls, oatmeal etc), lunch, dinner (hot dogs, hamburgers, sandwiches & salads) and ice-cream etc. Hours of operation 7am-10pm.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter