OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I always ask to be as far from HH as possible, usually requesting Turtle Pond, but we have often had South Point area. Like you, we don't stay in the smaller villas hardly ever. I don't care for a lot of the refurb design choices.

I didn't mean to refute what your experience was, I was simply stating my experience since '93. :cutie: I don't know a single soul that is AGAINST refurbishment. DVC's dues ARE very high. They are higher than my other TS, which I would put against ANY DVC resort. I would vote for the same tiles IF they were in good condition as they both reflect the "Old Key West" theme, and they were very thick, handmade tiles. I find it hard to believe that talented designer/decorators could not update and refurb and still keep the theming. I loathe the trend to make everything grey and contemporary. :sad2:

Count me opposed to the new decor, too.

As much as I have come to love the Dis, I get worn out sometimes by my perception that any negative Disney opinion is challenged immediately. .
Reminds me of iT, if they don't have a computer problem, you don't have a problem.

Sorry - bad mood today.

I can honestly say in over 25 years of OKW ownership I have never had anything more than a rare minor issue. Sorry to hear your bad luck. :oops:

I must be lucky too..... :-)

Me three, 19 years worth of OKW luck! I have to laugh when people use OKW for cheap points, then rag about it’s dated look! Have you been to historic Key West, Florida? Well, grey’s and sleek decor’s not part of it! They could have easily refurbished but kept the OKW integrity!

Last edited:
66 days until we are back at OKW. Stayed in a refurbished room in January and loved it, hoping to stay in Turtle Pond area again. Any updates on pool area?

Infrequent poster here, but wanted to share our thoughts. We checked into a one bedroom on August 1, and will depart on the 12. We are in building 42, second floor. Great location, and have to say, we really like the new rooms! We have stayed here many time over the years.
Still have the Mickey life guard chair lamp in living room, and love the Minnie and Mickey pic over the tub in bathroom. Colors are soothing, and there are enough touches of color and decor to keep it from feeling too generic.
We have been DVC members since ‘96 (home resort BWV) and have not always liked some of the changes that have occurred. We like OKW refurb as much, if not more than, BWV.
Love the guiet village atmosphere of OKW, and the colors, architecture, and greenery.
According to our adult daughter, the pull out sofa is very comfy to sleep on.
Any questions, ask away.
Deb

Infrequent poster here, but wanted to share our thoughts. We checked into a one bedroom on August 1, and will depart on the 12. We are in building 42, second floor.
Deb

I think we've been in that room too (1 BR, second floor in building 42). What I loved was that we were right next to the Turtle Pond Pool, yet it was very quiet in our villa. DH is a light sleeper, and when we first saw the location, I thought "Oh, Oh".

Infrequent poster here, but wanted to share our thoughts. We checked into a one bedroom on August 1, and will depart on the 12. We are in building 42, second floor. Great location, and have to say, we really like the new rooms! We have stayed here many time over the years.
Still have the Mickey life guard chair lamp in living room, and love the Minnie and Mickey pic over the tub in bathroom. Colors are soothing, and there are enough touches of color and decor to keep it from feeling too generic.
We have been DVC members since ‘96 (home resort BWV) and have not always liked some of the changes that have occurred. We like OKW refurb as much, if not more than, BWV.
Love the guiet village atmosphere of OKW, and the colors, architecture, and greenery.
Any questions, ask away.
Deb
The colors may look nice to you, but they are not Key West colors. That's the problem.

The colors may look nice to you, but they are not Key West colors. That's the problem.

The wall colors not so much, agreed; however the spots of color in the pillows, rug in living room, framed coral pics, all pick up the “key west” color theme. And of course the outside buildings carry the color and architecture. This is my humble opinion.
I do agree that over all Disney has undisneyed so many things over the years; individual theming of resorts, dining, and even the generic merchandise.

Any questions, ask away.
Deb

Hi. Have you had a chance to check out the refurbishment to the Turtle Pond Pool, Turtle Shack,etc. any information is appreciated

Hi. Have you had a chance to check out the refurbishment to the Turtle Pond Pool, Turtle Shack,etc. any information is appreciated
Not sure if you’re asking me, but I can report that it’s open. We have enjoyed our mornings /early afternoons there each day.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but I couldn't find anything: what boat launch at DS does the OKW boat dock at? Or does it make the rounds to all 3 launches?

A cousin and I are running all three races at the Princess Half Marathon Weekend (yes we're crazy :P ) and want to do the House of Blues Gospel Brunch after the half but I know we're going to want to walk as little as possible once the half is done.

Thanks!!

THe OKW boat, last time I was there, was using the middle dock, next to the amphibious cars. I found that out after walking over to the dock behind House of Blues in vain.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but I couldn't find anything: what boat launch at DS does the OKW boat dock at? Or does it make the rounds to all 3 launches?

A cousin and I are running all three races at the Princess Half Marathon Weekend (yes we're crazy :P ) and want to do the House of Blues Gospel Brunch after the half but I know we're going to want to walk as little as possible once the half is done.

Thanks!!

In addition to the boats coming from the various resorts, there are also boats that travel from dock to dock. So you can ride to the dock nearest to HOB if the OKW boat doesn’t dock there.

The DS website https://www.disneysprings.com/ has a map. I’m pretty sure it shows the boat docks but couldn’t see it on my cellphone screen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter