OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I am dying to see a refurbed room, as OKW is wonderful and it was just the slightly old rooms that set it back. If anyone there can get a look insider one that would be fantastic.

DVC site says sleeper chair for 1 and 2 bedroom doesn't mention it at all for grand villa. So Ill go with no at this time. Maybe after the current refurb.
The OKW GV has the twin sized sleeper chair in the living room.

Hi all

I had a flight time change and we won't be arriving until around 8pm on Tuesday night (12/5) - will there be anywhere we could get some dinner on site apart from Olivia's? Thanks :)

Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. But for a table service meal at OKW, Olivia's is your only choice, and their food is some of the best.

How long is the refurb supposed to last here?
None of us really knows. First they said two to three years. Now we are hearing it will be done by Spring. Officially it hasn't started yet. They usually have a notation on the website on any resorts that are undergoing renovation. There are no notes on the OKW page.

None of us really knows. First they said two to three years. Now we are hearing it will be done by Spring. Officially it hasn't started yet. They usually have a notation on the website on any resorts that are undergoing renovation. There are no notes on the OKW page.
Just a wait and see timeline.

We’ll be arriving at OKW Saturday. Looking forward to staying there for the first time.

Does anyone happen to know where I can find the activites calendar for December? We are wondering what the movie will be on Saturday. Thanks!

Apparently (reported to have been said to people by member services, unverified but I’ve seen 2 people say it) OKW studios are losing the 2 beds and going to the 1 bed and sofa bed in the refurb.
I’m hoping if correct, they’ll put in the new Murphy sofa beds they are testing in SSR, but maybe too soon for those to be going in?

Apparently (reported to have been said to people by member services, unverified but I’ve seen 2 people say it) OKW studios are losing the 2 beds and going to the 1 bed and sofa bed in the refurb.
I’m hoping if correct, they’ll put in the new Murphy sofa beds they are testing in SSR, but maybe too soon for those to be going in?

Oh, I don't think losing the 2 beds would go over well.....

I hope they keep the two queen beds. Otherwise they could face a problem, as state law does not allow them to substantially change what was purchased...and a real bed to a sofa may meet that definition of a substantial change.

Sofa beds just gross me out, and I hate the idea of my daughter sleeping in one. Two real beds for our family, please!

We booked OKW specifically because of the two beds! They better don’t change it or I’ll be furious and demand a resort change to have two beds.

I hope they keep the two queen beds. Otherwise they could face a problem, as state law does not allow them to substantially change what was purchased...and a real bed to a sofa may meet that definition of a substantial change.

Guess that really depends on the legal definition of a bed or if that definition even matters. If this rumor is true, knowing corporate lawyers they feel confident that legally a sofa bed is the same as a regular bed or maybe they install that murphy bed\sofa they have been testing at SSR otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. They can also probably argue you bought in with a the room that slept 4 before the reno and it sleeps 4 after the reno.

But until Disney comes out and says what they are doing or pics of it leak I'm not going to get upset over it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!