• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ok here's one for those of us who can't go this year!

NIK

<font color=deeppink>Compulsive planner<font color
What is the earliest you have bought something in anticipation of your next visit?

I am "hoping" to go next November [06] :banana: :banana: and have just opened the batting on my 'holiday drawer' by purchasing a small 10 band radio which will probably not see the light of day again until just before the holiday when I figure out it doesn't actually work anymore :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

So, what have you bought and put away for your holidays? Can anyone beat my record of 508 days in advance?

Nik
Sun Lotion:rotfl:
I buy it in this country thinking I will use it ( South Wales )I don't because its too wet, too cold and generally miserable so I end up putting it away for our holiday. Although we may not get to use it then either ie Italy - worse weather in 30 years, book your space on the beach and all we could do for the whole two weeks is swim to it:confused3 if we had wished but it was too cold to even put our bathers on:teeth:
I used to buy only one brand so would purchase it when I had the chance and or the money, on occassions that was probably a year in advance.
I guess the other thing is children clothes that they will grow into,buy at the end of this season in the Summer sale so that they have them for the next Summers holiday ( on the assumption that I will save money ) I then put them away and by next Summer DS has either grown too much or too little or I forget about them altogether:earseek:

I've been buying books on WDW on anticipation of visit in 2007; although might have persuaded DP that 2006 is better :rolleyes:

Reid

I think my furthest was 2 1/2 years in advance Nik!! We'd just got back from WDW August 2002 and booked again for Dec 2004. I started buying bits and pieces then for the trip but don't ask me what because I can't remember!

I can just match your 2 1/2 years Karen! When I first joined these boards I kept reading how the frying pans at OKW weren't non-stick and difficult to use! So I found some special liners that solved the problem and smugly stored them away. And then OKW changed their pans!!!

So I bought them in VERY good time for our Feb 05 visit, but never actually got to use them! Does that count?!

Beat this then!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I bought an iron-on patch of the Disney characters in April 2004 which I ironed onto the back pocket of a pair of denim shorts when I got home......with the intention of wearing them in April 2007, three years away!!!

I am humbled! :cool1: :cool1:

And Impressed.

I thought Iwas the only daffy one squirrelling stuff away for a holiday I haven't even booked yet! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Elaine wins that little contest then ;)

But I have to say, I am astounded by how organised Becky is with her super duper non stick frying pan liners!!!! How thoughtless of OKW to change their frying pans ;) :teeth:

Miffy2003 said:
But I have to say, I am astounded by how organised Becky is with her super duper non stick frying pan liners!!!! How thoughtless of OKW to change their frying pans ;) :teeth:

I am very impressed too!!! No cooking on holiday for me, mind, we either eat out or they can all starve!!!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter