• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

O'hanas question

tikilyn

DIS Veteran
We are planning on going to O'hana's in December during our stay. If we really like something that they serve (I know we can ask for seconds), Can we ask for a togo container for the food still on the table. I was thinging of taking some back to our room to snack on. Has anyone done this?

TIA
Sabrina

I haven't done this, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. They would have to throw it out anyway. If anyone has done this, please let us know. We'll be there in December and we ALWAYS have too much food.

When we were there in May the server boxed up some food for our children (Mac and cheese and chicken fingers), but said that they do not do it for adult food like steak or shrimp. I think this is how most buffets operate.

Food was great and the atmosphere was fun. My kids found plenty to eat and loved the coconut race. It was a little more expensive $72 for DW, DD1 and myself with DD2 being free, but we thought it was worth it.

David

Wuv Tigger, Thanks for the info. I was thinking more on the lines of wantons and the bread and pineapple. I really don't like leftover meat. Even though the shrimp would be temping!! Well I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Maybe I'll get a very nice cm!hehe.

Does anyone else has any input

Sabrina

I think its rude to expect to bring home food from an all you can eat. Where would it end? You keep asking for more they bring it you stash it. Another poster said they packed up their kids meal, but that is different the kids meals are not all you can eat. There are plenty of places to get a snack later if you want one.

You know sue1013

Maybe I worded my post wrong or left out the part that the food would be half eaten. All I was asking if they would let us take left over food off of our table. They are going to throw it away anyways so why not ask for a togo container. There's no harm in asking. I would never ever STASH food in my purse or kids diaper bag. We're not that desprate for food. I don't know where you are from, but where I'm from buffets will pack up any food on your table to take with you when you leave, and that's not rude!!!

This will be our first trip to WDW, so that's why I asked. As wuv tigger stated they wouldn't let them take the food togo. I now know my asnwer to my question.

Sabrina

We have had them box up the pineapple with the carmel dipping sauce to take back to our room. We were completely stuffed from eating our dinner so we declined the pineapple. Our server was the one that suggested he use to go containers for our pineapple and carmel dipping sauce. We were thrilled and it made a very nice late night snack for when we came back from taking a night swim.
I doubt there would be a problem of you taking the food that was already on your plate/table, regardless of whether it is a child or adult. I understand they can't have people purposely filling up their plates just to take the food home and this is why most buffets do not allow take out countainers. But in a situation where the food is already half eaten and on your plate/table and it is very obvious you are not trying to scam the restaurant in anyway, I think you will be fine. This is Disney after all, LOL! They do go to the extreme to make their guests happy and as long as they see you are legit and not trying to abuse the system, the CMs will usually bend over backwards to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Originally posted by tikilyn
You know sue1013

I don't know where you are from, but where I'm from buffets will pack up any food on your table to take with you when you leave, and that's not rude!!!

Sabrina

Any buffets around here will NOT pack up leftover food for you...there would be people going up, filling up their plates one last time and pulling an "oh I am full pack it up routine" (not that that was what YOU were going to do but others would).

Tikilyn you are right must be a Texas thing. No buffet around here would ever pack up what's left on your dish. People would eat, then fill up their dishes again, then say they are full just to get the extra food. Maybe where you are from its acceptable but if someone tried to do that here the waitstaff wouldn't do it.

I'm in Texas and have never eaten at ANY buffet that lets you take home food! GOSH, how do they stay in business? Where do you eat that let you do that, we're gonna go there for dinner! I'm realyl curious, now.

You can always ask, but I've never encountered a buffet that allows you to pack up excess food. Otherwise, people would just ask for more in order to take it home... I can understand the pineapple, since its at the end, but the other stuff I can't.

The wontons wouldn't be good leftover, anyways. Mushy and cold, ikk.

You'll really enjoy Ohanas anyways - it has great food! Just come HUNGRY!

Here there are alot of chinese buffet places that lets us take food to go(must be off of our table) also Golden Corral also let us pack our food. I guess I live in the land of lucky.LOL

Take care
Sabrina

One thing to remember, is that 'Ohana is not really a buffet restaurant. It is all you can eat, but not self serve. The servers have a lot more control over the situation, to keep people from abusing the system vs a true buffet. Maybe this is the difference??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter