Oh, The Horror…of Food & Wine & Lumiere's Challenge! Nov 2017 PTR-Updated 9/22-FOP Fastpass!

Hi there!

Sounds like you definitely have your hands full with you son. Hope day 2 went much smoother for everyone :-)

Our FP day was this morning and we had the same FoP issue as you, but thankfully was able to get two later in our trip. It doesn't look like your park plans cross, so hopefully everything works out for a meet up at CaliGrill. We're also trying to get an ADR for homecoming on the 4th, but the only thing available is at 10:15. Gonna keep looking though.

Thanks!

I'm sure it will be fine and we should definitely be able to get FOP in at RD, so I shouldn't complain.

Would our 5:35pm ADR for 2 at Homecomin' help you? I can coordinate a time to cancel it so hopefully you can get it. I'm 95% sure we aren't going to go to DS that night anyway…I hate to hold onto it and keep you from getting it.

As a very Type A student (when I was one!!) and now teacher, I couldn't help but sympathize with your daughter about tearing paper out of her new notebook for her unprepared brother :) LOL!! My 3rd grader sounds like he'll be much the same as your son when he eventually makes it to high school!

I'm so bummed for you about your AK FPs :( I am really nervous that we're going to have the same issue when our FP day gets here (57 days!)

Must be these boys!

Which day of your trip do you plan on going to AK? If it's day 5 or later, you should be good. Or maybe things will settle down soon for that ride…ya never know!

Would our 5:35pm ADR for 2 at Homecomin' help you? I can coordinate a time to cancel it so hopefully you can get it. I'm 95% sure we aren't going to go to DS that night anyway…I hate to hold onto it and keep you from getting it.

You are too kind, thank you but we need the reservation for 3. If we don't go that night, we have the option of doing it later in the week so we should be good for reservations for 1 of 2 nights to come through. I had no idea it was so popular as we just walked up on our last trip

Oh man, your son sounds like my oldest! I want to pull my hair out with him sometimes! But on the plus side, despite his disorganization he is a good kid so I try to be patient. Easier said than done! :crazy2:

If we have a big burger for lunch, we will probably just eat some QS for dinner and not waste our party time. Anyone have any suggestions? What's your favorite QS place in MK?

We're going to eat dinner at Columbia Harbor House during the Halloween party. But honestly, I normally just eat at whatever is closest! LOL! My OCD has me organizing my plans though so I can eat at my QS of choice! :rotfl2:

I have a 4:45 pm at Via Napoli, and I have an 8:10 pm at 'Ohana. I think we might want to go back to the Poly in the afternoon and enjoy some resort/pool time, maybe go to Trader Sam's and then do "Ohana. Otherwise, we would just stay at EPCOT. Weigh in here if you have a preference since I cannot seem to make a decision to save my life

I'm not a huge O'hana fan. I just don't think it lives up to the hype. However, with an 8:10 time I wonder if you could hang long enough to see the fireworks that night. But I don't think they're till 10 so that might be pushing it. However, if you ate at O'hana this night it would also open up the other night for the other restaurant oyu had. (Was this the Homecoming night?) I clearly didn't quote enough of your post to remember.

Get up at the crack of dawn and get to AK well before opening to rope-drop FOP (with 10 million other people, I'm sure)

I was reading some of the threads on Avatar and people were saying if you rope drop and can get to the bridge between Tiffins and Pandora then you shouldn't have a very long wait at all. People reported being through the ride and queue pretty quickly with that scenario so don't lose hope!

Oh man, your son sounds like my oldest! I want to pull my hair out with him sometimes! But on the plus side, despite his disorganization he is a good kid so I try to be patient. Easier said than done! :crazy2:

My Nicholas is a good kid too :-)

We're going to eat dinner at Columbia Harbor House during the Halloween party.

I was considering that. The only thing I'm thinking about that is I'm wondering where we'll eat during the KTTK tour two days later. I think it might be CHH and I don't know that I'd want to repeat it. I guess I'll have to research more about our KTTK lunch.

However, if you ate at O'hana this night it would also open up the other night for the other restaurant oyu had. (Was this the Homecoming night?) I clearly didn't quote enough of your post to remember.

Don't feel bad…I'm confused too :P

I was reading some of the threads on Avatar and people were saying if you rope drop and can get to the bridge between Tiffins and Pandora then you shouldn't have a very long wait at all. People reported being through the ride and queue pretty quickly with that scenario so don't lose hope!

I saw on the Food & Wine thread to nobody was having luck until their 65th day. I think with just two of us going RD is a reasonable plan and we can walk pretty fast if we need to. When I go with my mom, that's a little harder so I'll have to plan better for April.

I was considering that. The only thing I'm thinking about that is I'm wondering where we'll eat during the KTTK tour two days later. I think it might be CHH and I don't know that I'd want to repeat it. I guess I'll have to research more about our KTTK lunch.

Good point! I have to say the only one I'm not super fond of is Pinnochios. It's just blah. I think for the Christmas party last year we ate at Cosmic Rays.

I saw on the Food & Wine thread to nobody was having luck until their 65th day. I think with just two of us going RD is a reasonable plan and we can walk pretty fast if we need to. When I go with my mom, that's a little harder so I'll have to plan better for April.

I think rope drop works. It's not always enjoyable to fight the crowds, but it's the best bet for not having a 4 hour wait! I think this ride will be a hot ticket until Toy Story land opens up. I think until then it's safe to say we should all probably be scheduling it towards the end of the month!

Don't feel bad…I'm confused too

:rotfl:

Sorry about FP...I too only wanted 1 FP and of course did not get it, but I am trying to look at it as a chance to see the ride line theming. RIGHT? I am so underwelmed with all the posts about Na'vi River (of course it does not help that I am not an avatar fan). Rope drop here I come and EMH on top of that so I guess I will be leaving my POP room around 6:30 am after probably arriving around 2 am that same morning. SIGH

LOL...I swear my senior boy is going to kill me off! Love him to death but he has always been my mellow, laid back, go with the flow child while I am everything anal and organized.

You have 2 more months to get ready for W&D, dont write yourself off with balloon ladies yet...and they aren't the real ones to worry about the guys on bikes are way more scarier! My training is not going well either...so maybe I should take my own advice.

You have 2 more months to get ready for W&D, dont write yourself off with balloon ladies yet...and they aren't the real ones to worry about the guys on bikes are way more scarier! My training is not going well either...so maybe I should take my own advice.

Wait a minute!!! I'm about to start my training for the Marathon Weekend 10K....I've read all about the balloon ladies. GULP. How did I not know about scary bicycle men!? Tell me more!

The bike guys will come by and say things like "the balloon ladies are x minutes behind you" and then you freak out like nobody's business! I've only worried about balloon ladies once and it was because of the bike guys. At Light Side in January the bike guys were nice, but giving us those updates. I'm not sure when we stopped seeing them, but we did, and I surely never saw the balloon ladies. And we were slow in January! I've never seen balloons or bikes at WDW. (Well, I've seen the balloon ladies off to the side at the start, but that's it.) And I'm not fast by any means! So please don't worry too much about them!

Sorry about FP...I too only wanted 1 FP and of course did not get it, but I am trying to look at it as a chance to see the ride line theming. RIGHT? I am so underwelmed with all the posts about Na'vi River (of course it does not help that I am not an avatar fan). Rope drop here I come and EMH on top of that so I guess I will be leaving my POP room around 6:30 am after probably arriving around 2 am that same morning. SIGH

Omg, really? That's crazy! I guess I shouldn't complain since I'll at least get a good night's sleep before! What is your AK day? Maybe I'll see you at RD!

LOL...I swear my senior boy is going to kill me off! Love him to death but he has always been my mellow, laid back, go with the flow child while I am everything anal and organized.

These boys :sad2: But my son is a sweetie sometimes too :love:

Oh no!

Wait a minute!!! I'm about to start my training for the Marathon Weekend 10K....I've read all about the balloon ladies. GULP. How did I not know about scary bicycle men!? Tell me more!

I've never heard about them either!

The bike guys will come by and say things like "the balloon ladies are x minutes behind you" and then you freak out like nobody's business! I've only worried about balloon ladies once and it was because of the bike guys. At Light Side in January the bike guys were nice, but giving us those updates. I'm not sure when we stopped seeing them, but we did, and I surely never saw the balloon ladies. And we were slow in January! I've never seen balloons or bikes at WDW. (Well, I've seen the balloon ladies off to the side at the start, but that's it.) And I'm not fast by any means! So please don't worry too much about them!

Thanks! I knew nothing about this!

I am so nervous that I'll be too slow, even though my 5K pace is around an 10-11 minute mile. The 10K is my first ever, so I have myself pretty anxious about the whole thing!

Wow! 10-11 minutes is awesome! I'm usually around 12 for my 10K, and I have NO idea what my half time will be :crazy2:

The bike guys will be just in front of, beside, and behind the balloon ladies. They are actually pretty nice and encouraging...I only know about them because I was running with a friend who had not done enough training and we ended up with them after starting half way up in corrals). The ones at the end are the official sweepers. Most will be carrying medic bags and will check on you and let you know what is happening with your status in the race. I ended up leaving my friend (who was swept at the last point about 1 minute after they closed the course) and made my way well away from all latex and spokes.

Whatever you do, do not let yourself get caught up in the balloon lady pack...it is miserable! It is very hard to get around, get ahead of or even move within that group. And I must say the panic makes people act not so Disney like.

I ended up leaving my friend (who was swept at the last point about 1 minute after they closed the course) and made my way well away from all latex and spokes.

Good for you! :rotfl2:

Whatever you do, do not let yourself get caught up in the balloon lady pack...it is miserable! It is very hard to get around, get ahead of or even move within that group. And I must say the panic makes people act not so Disney like.

I'll do my best! Thanks! :-)

September 7th
53 Days To Go!

Just a real quick update since I know you will all (or I hope you will) appreciate this...

I just ran the furthest I've run in the past three or four years!

IMG_7517.PNG

IMG_7518.PNG

9.55 miles! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

And my time wasn't totally terrible either, so I was excited about that too! I had not even set out to run so far today, but as I was close to starting my 4th mile, I started thinking that maybe I should do a back to back run since I was feeling pretty good. It helped that today was simply a gorgeous day out...not too hot or humid and a nice breeze blowing. So I ran home at 4.47 miles, drank some water, ate a banana, used the restroom, and went back out to do the same route over again. I started doubting myself at the beginning of my second time because there's a few huge hills I needed to get up. But once I was over those I felt pretty good and finished strong!

I almost think I might actually be able to run this thing :thumbsup2

Wow, good for you!!!! I am impressed with how consistent your pacing was at every mile! I am so unable to do that!!!! BUT, starting the Galloway training for the Disney 10K, and hopefully I'll make my way up to it!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

You've totally got this! I'm so impressed! I need to up my game! ;)

Thanks! You'll get there!

Wow, good for you!!!! I am impressed with how consistent your pacing was at every mile! I am so unable to do that!!!! BUT, starting the Galloway training for the Disney 10K, and hopefully I'll make my way up to it!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Thanks! I use the Galloway app too. I run for 90 sec/walk 30 sec. And sometimes I walk up the big hills so I'll run extra down the hills. It all seems to even out in the end!

WAHOO...awesome run! I so wish I could see those numbers again!

You will, but you need to make sure you're healed first! You don't want to reinjure your ankle!

Congrats on the great run. Funny as I sit here on my butt this morning, Jason is off doing the same thing. He was gonna try and get 10 in today in prep for the half he is doing in October and then of course the one in Disney!

I just found your PTR. I'm like you, a solid 12 minute mile kind of girl! My first half is in November, but it's no where near as cool as a Disney race!

Congrats on the great run. Funny as I sit here on my butt this morning, Jason is off doing the same thing. He was gonna try and get 10 in today in prep for the half he is doing in October and then of course the one in Disney!

Good for him! I would never be motivated enough to do a half anywhere BUT Disney!

I just found your PTR. I'm like you, a solid 12 minute mile kind of girl! My first half is in November, but it's no where near as cool as a Disney race!

:welcome:

Good luck on your first half! Maybe you can call it practice for your first RunDisney race!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter