Offsite hotel in walking distance of DLP

DanM3

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I went to Disneyland Paris with my wife and 1 year old daughter in August and we all had an excellent time. We stayed at Newport bay which we liked. We are considering a trip again next July but would like to stay for at least a week and if possible I have priced this up for onsite hotels and it’s very very expensive. So to keep costs down I am considering staying off site with annual passes. I have seen that hipark by adagio studios val d Europe is within walking distance to DLP and has a kitchenette in the room. Are there any other options that are off site but within walking distance? Thanks

The nearest off site hotels are the Partner hotels. They are located just at the edge of Disney property and have a free shuttle bus to the parks.

There are 5

Hotel Kyraid
Dream Castle
Magic Circus
Explorers
B and B Hotel

Take a look at the map, Hipark by adagio studio in Val De Europe is technically walkable, but honestly after a long day in the parks, do you really want another 20 to 30 minute walk back to Val De Europe???

Most people who have the AP stay at one of the partner hotels.

According to Googlemaps the closest hotel in Val D'Europe is 15 minutes, which I find doable, as it's the same distance to the Value Hotels onsite. However, I think most part is next to the highway. I'm not sure how well lit this area is.

The partner hotels are further away, according to google Kyriad (furthest away) is about 35 minutes by foot, these have the same problem as walking to Val D'Europe, but these have a free bus service.
None of the partner hotels has a kitchenette (To my knowledge).

If a kitchenette is a must, I would take the RER to Val D'Europe. A ticket is about 1.50EUR and only takes a minute or so. Another piece of advice, get your return tickets at the same time or when you arrive at DLP, the queues at the ticket machines at park closing time are no joke on a busy day.

The nearest off site hotels are the Partner hotels. They are located just at the edge of Disney property and have a free shuttle bus to the parks.

There are 5

Hotel Kyraid
Dream Castle
Magic Circus
Explorers
B and B Hotel

Take a look at the map, Hipark by adagio studio in Val De Europe is technically walkable, but honestly after a long day in the parks, do you really want another 20 to 30 minute walk back to Val De Europe???

Most people who have the AP stay at one of the partner hotels.

HiPark is the nearest off-site hotel. We stay there regularly and the walk is easily do-able but you don't have to walk: there is a free, frequent shuttle service from outside the hotel. This takes you to the bus stop at the entrance to the Village by Five Guys and Vapiano so security is less crowded than the main station end one. We also like the advantage of having small kichens in the rooms at the HiPark as it is an apparthotel.

Thanks for the advice I have seen that dream castle offers a free breakfast so this makes it a cost effective hotel. Is the shuttle bus reliable and if we booked a character breakfast would it run early enough?

Thanks

I’m thinking the magic flex so won’t have access to EMT. Didn’t realise you can only book a character breakfast 3 days out but it’s not essential as we have done it befor

If you get one ap that gets hotel discount, you might get a decent rate for a room only price at an onsite hotel. We got a decent price too on Expedia room only for Cheyenne. Walk was super easy and only 5 minutes more than hotel New York. You’d also get EMH if staying on site, even with the cheaper AP.

Watching this thread with interest, as we’re also looking at offsite. Would like one within walking distance too if possible :-)

ok, for those debating about walking to Hi Park or taking the free shuttle bus to the partner hotels, here are Google Maps photos

Walking from Disneyland Hotel which is where the entrance turnsiles are located, at the top of Main Street USA to Hi Park Val d'Europe. Its a 20 minute walk down a long free way road type road and then you turn onto another freeway type road to get to Val d'Europe. I have been on these roads on a bus and honestly , after a long day at the parks, there is no way would I face a 20 minute walk back to Val d'Europe. To put it into context, I have a 20 minute walk every day through a residential area to get to my bus to go to work. I do this every day, no matter the weather, I have sweated in 70 F and frozen in -2 c, I have walked in heavy rain and got soaked. Its not fun at all!
Disneyland hotels.JPG

This is the map, showing the free bus shuttle route, from the Disney transportation centre. It is a 10 minute bus ride to the partner hotels. All the partner hotels are located on one street, which is at the edge of Disney property, in the opposite direction to Val d'Europe
hotel.JPG

I think what's good for regulars of WDW to understand: Yes, DLP is a lot smaller and the gates of the two parks are close together and you can walk to all the onsite hotels. The other off-site hotels, that's another story. For regulars of DL, yes, there are many off site hotels in the area, but they are not across the street like in Anaheim. Use Googlemaps and calculate what is walkable for you and your family and what isn't. 20 minutes walking can be very long after a park day, especially you have small children.

While I was looking for more information I came across this video from people who stayed at Hi Park Serris and used the bus.
This video is a few years old and I haven't stayed here myself, but as far as I can tell, this is a paid service. Around 2:45 the screen the guest is filming says 'les transports ne sont pas gratuits', this means 'the transportation is not free'. I'm sure it can't be more than a few euro per person on this distance.

I tried to find more information about the free shuttle the hotel seems to have, but I can't find anything about what kind of schedule this has.

The shuttle bus to and from the HiPark is free, runs very frequently (10 minute intervals at peak times) and is only FIVE minutes. You do not have to walk to the HiPark! Unfortunately I have now thrown away the bus timetable from when we stayed there last month but you are given one at check in. The walk to the bus stop is comparable to that for the partner hotels although in a different location. This is a far less crowded area and security entrance so entry to park turnstiles from bus stop is quicker there too. Plus the HiPark rooms have fridges and cooking facilities. The disadvantage is purely that park tickets are not included.

I almost always stay on property, but always with a night at a different hotel the day before to cut costs (and due to travel you would pay for that first day in the park but barely use it otherwise), so I have stayed at a few of the nearby hotels. Most recently in Viena House Magic Circus and B&B Hotel, both partner hotels. On our first visit to I wanted to drive to Disney Village with my own car but regretted that the same evening; the buses run so frequently (we saw them driving constantly when we were sitting at Anette's) and the parking fee for little over two hours was almost 10 euros. Since then we always used the buses and they are so convenient and run about every 10-15 minutes. Viena Magic Circus was a fine hotel for that price (we paid less than 50 euros for the night) but it is possible to get Cheyenne or Santa Fé for less than 60 euros a night via Expedia. If i could chose between those three options with normally (with a good deal on Expedia) B&B costing about 45 euros, Magic Circus 50 euros and Cheyenne 60 euros I would always pick Cheyenne. That distance is actually walkable and you have the free transportation as a backup. Otherwise I would chose the partner hotels at the edge of the parks before the hotels in Val d'Europe anytime.

For anyone looking for a budget trip I highly reccommend the Kyriad hotel in Torcy. It takes 10 minutes by RER to get there, then it's a 3 minutes walk. It is a decent hotel if you are just looking for a place to sleep, clean and confortable and super super cheap. A room can be had for 40€ per night. It's a great value.
I stayed once at the Kyriad near Disneyland which is one of the good neighbour hotels, but it' more expensive without having any real advantage. Sure, there is a free shuttle but when I stayed there it was shared with other hotels, so while the hotel is nearer, total travel time is more than the RER to Torcy. Also it was often crowded and at peak time unconfortably so, while the RER has normally plenty of space and unless you take the first two trains leaving after park closure there is always a free seat. Also the free shuttle was less frequent than the RER.
There are a lot of good cheap options at Bussy Saint George too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!