Official Wine & Dine 2018

Wife and I will be there. This will be her third attempt at a Disney Half. Attempt #1 was Wine and Dine 2015, the notorious lighting storm shortened race. Attempt #2 was the 2017 WDW Half, which was cancelled due to weather. Hopefully the third try is a charm.

Glad you have a plan for relief!

:( Sorry to hear that you won't be there, but hopefully the surgery will go well and you'll be back to pain-free running soon!

Sorry to read that. I hope you have a successful surgery and get some relief!

Thank you all for the well wishes!

I've been dealing with this problem for a number of years and have been able to run with only occasional pain. During Dopey, the pain was getting worse and I had little to no relief no matter what I did. After I got back they took a new x-ray and saw that not only had the calcification in my achilles gotten much worse but I now have secondary bone spurs. Doc says best case is no running for 3 months, worst case is no running for 6. I'm hoping for the best. ::yes::

So as registration is fast approaching for the W&D18, I know that annual pass holders get an early shot at doing so for every runDisney event. I'm also aware that the link to do so is on the event page and one would need to click on that link and get on with their registration. But I was wondering if anyone could shed some light as to what actually goes on in that link. I've never signed up under the pass holder link and I just renewed. I've heard you need to enter your active pass holder number from the cards, but at having renewed, I only have a confirmation number given to me over the phone. Is this true and/or good enough? Or will I just have to take my chances on March 13th.

So as registration is fast approaching for the W&D18, I know that annual pass holders get an early shot at doing so for every runDisney event. I'm also aware that the link to do so is on the event page and one would need to click on that link and get on with their registration. But I was wondering if anyone could shed some light as to what actually goes on in that link. I've never signed up under the pass holder link and I just renewed. I've heard you need to enter your active pass holder number from the cards, but at having renewed, I only have a confirmation number given to me over the phone. Is this true and/or good enough? Or will I just have to take my chances on March 13th.

You normally just have to click the link from the passholder site. I can't remember entering my passholder number in the past.

Anyone know what/if the price increase will be February is a short month so I want to make sure I’ll have enough in my budget for this

Wife and I will be there. This will be her third attempt at a Disney Half. Attempt #1 was Wine and Dine 2015, the notorious lighting storm shortened race. Attempt #2 was the 2017 WDW Half, which was cancelled due to weather. Hopefully the third try is a charm.

I ran both of those weekends - but I'm not running W&D this year ... so tell her she should be good!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Unless something changes in the past there was no real validation on the early registration links. When the races were selling out quickly there was some consternation because it seemed even if you didn't have DVC or an AP it was possible to get and use those links. And for what it's worth the number of early registration bibs is only a subset of the available bibs. There have been times when people weren't able to get an early registration that were able to sign up when the general registration was released.

I'm in! These will be my first runDisney races and honestly, though I love to lift weights, I am an awful runner. I am working on it though so hopefully I have a successful weekend!

I'll be back for my third W&D HM. I will not decide until a few weeks before if I will try to PR it or just make it a fun run. I've only run 5 HMs so almost every one was a new PR.

I have heard about people signing up for future runDisney races at other races. Is it possible to sign up for this years W&D Challenge if I am running Princess next week or will I have to wait for the regular registration?

Yay! An opening at Poly and I grabbed it. We are in for the run. :). We’ll sign up for the 5k and kids races. I’m excited.

I’m sure I could find this, but it’s taking more google smarts for search terms than I am able to come up with right now.

With the 5k being on the 2nd, we need to get our bibs on the 1st. How late is the expo generally open? We are flying in on the 1st and I’m trying to see how late of a flight I can book.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!