***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...eek-into-toy-story-land-at-walt-disney-world/

From the Disney Parks Blog:

Hey guys! What’s better than dinner and a movie? Dinner, a movie and a behind-the-scenes sneak peek into this summer’s most anticipated opening at Walt Disney World Resort: Toy Story Land!

This Wednesday, May 23, tune in to “Toy Story 3” on ABC from 8-10 p.m. ET to join your favorite Toy Story pals as Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the rest of the gang return for an all-new adventure. They join a few new faces – some plastic, some plush – including Barbie’s counterpart Ken, a thespian hedgehog named Mr. Pricklepants and a strawberry-scented bear named Lots-O-Huggin’ Bear.

Throughout the night, actors Zach Braff (ABC’s “Alex Inc.”) & Eden Sher (ABC’s “The Middle”) will give viewers front-row access to the new Toy Story Land opening June 30 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Yeah, that’s pretty awesome. I know what I’m having for dinner on Wednesday: popcorn and gummy bears!

Awesome! I hope they give us more images and video of the land but I fear that they won't

So without reading all these pages, I am guessing that there is currently no sign of previews for AP or DVC? We were able to do one for Pandora and it was great, would love to do it again for TSL.

So without reading all these pages, I am guessing that there is currently no sign of previews for AP or DVC? We were able to do one for Pandora and it was great, would love to do it again for TSL.
They likely will not be happening.

Yes, there are showing a good amount new footage of slinky especially. Nothing new from *** ride....but it was mentioned that TSM “is expanded” not sure exactly what that entails.

We are going on opening day. We actually extended our trip so that we could be there just to say we were! I am not planning in entering the park until around 10:30. We have to change hotels that morning. We do have a FP for the alien ride around noon though we have one for Tower around 11. Is this doable with entering late in the morning? I am hoping all of the crush of crowds will be gone. Will we have problems getting in? I know everything is speculation at this point but this is our first time doing opening day on anything!!

We are going on opening day. We actually extended our trip so that we could be there just to say we were! I am not planning in entering the park until around 10:30. We have to change hotels that morning. We do have a FP for the alien ride around noon though we have one for Tower around 11. Is this doable with entering late in the morning? I am hoping all of the crush of crowds will be gone. Will we have problems getting in? I know everything is speculation at this point but this is our first time doing opening day on anything!!
I too will be there i did pandora last year and they had closed pandora due to it being too full but if you had a FP you could enter
i did opening for Pandora’s and will do opening for TSL too. For pandora if you had a FP they would let you in even when the land was closed

I wonder how rope dropping TSL will be compared to Animal Kingdom last year. We're going in early august and basically don't have a prayer at fast-passing it since HS is our 60+1 day. We aren't interested in AS2 whatsoever (we rode the Mater ride at DCA), just SDD.

I wonder how rope dropping TSL will be compared to Animal Kingdom last year. We're going in early august and basically don't have a prayer at fast-passing it since HS is our 60+1 day. We aren't interested in AS2 whatsoever (we rode the Mater ride at DCA), just SDD.

Don't give up hope We are going for 2 nights only in July. So my 60 day I got Slinky dog it was in the evening but I got it and the next day 60+1 I got Alien mid morning. I didn't think we would get them either but we did. :)

Don't give up hope We are going for 2 nights only in July. So my 60 day I got Slinky dog it was in the evening but I got it and the next day 60+1 I got Alien mid morning. I didn't think we would get them either but we did. :)
I'm just wondering if it's worth taking up a whole day of fastpasses at HS for Slinky Dog given the hours that it's open. 7am to 12:30am the day we're going, so we're considering a plan of rope dropping SDD and knocking out the other attractions early, then napping/lunch at the hotel and hopping to Epcot for the afternoon/evening. If there's anything we missed at HS we can hop back after Illuminations.

I've got a June 20-23 trip with my son and then a family trip July 14-22. We have FP for both new rides in July but I'm worried my son will be decked out in full Toy Story regalia on the first trip and make me stand with him near the new entrance hoping to be picked for a random soft opening. At least HS has beer carts I can take advantage of!

I'm just wondering if it's worth taking up a whole day of fastpasses at HS for Slinky Dog given the hours that it's open.
Well if your alternative is to hop to Epcot and use them there, that's not much better. If doing that I think I'd happily use them at HS now that RnR is Tier-2. Slinky + Rockin + Star Tours or Tower is a pretty good use of 3 FPs! I would use them at HS, then get a later night FP for something at Epcot.

I'm just wondering if it's worth taking up a whole day of fastpasses at HS for Slinky Dog given the hours that it's open. 7am to 12:30am the day we're going, so we're considering a plan of rope dropping SDD and knocking out the other attractions early, then napping/lunch at the hotel and hopping to Epcot for the afternoon/evening. If there's anything we missed at HS we can hop back after Illuminations.

This is basically my strategy too, except that it's not open late so we get done what we can, then move on. I am hoping the 7 am EMH thing is too early for a lot of people!

Well if your alternative is to hop to Epcot and use them there, that's not much better. If doing that I think I'd happily use them at HS now that RnR is Tier-2. Slinky + Rockin + Star Tours or Tower is a pretty good use of 3 FPs! I would use them at HS, then get a later night FP for something at Epcot.
Definitely a fair point. We are content in skipping FEA so maybe Soarin will be easy to get as a 4th FP+.

Either way, I'm pretty sure we won't land a SDD FP on 60+1 at any time before noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter