***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

What time does counter service usually close in the parks? I know in MK Cosmic Ray's stays open late, but I read elsewhere that the others close at 6 or 7? Is this correct? There are no hours listed for the counter service locations for December yet.

What time does counter service usually close in the parks? I know in MK Cosmic Ray's stays open late, but I read elsewhere that the others close at 6 or 7? Is this correct? There are no hours listed for the counter service locations for December yet.
According to the official Disney website, hours will vary with each restaurant. Most will remain open until the park closes. The Terrace will close early for Dessert Parties.

Last edited:
We are excited for our next trip .We will be staying at Poly for the 19th then Boulder Ridge at WL for the 20th-27th. We booked MVMCP for the 20th and 21st, FEA dessert party for the 22nd and a sleigh ride on Christmas. I can't believe it has taken us this long to come at Christmas. It sounds magical at this time of year. I have a feeling my family will be hooked and make it our new tradition!

I'm about to cancel a 7:55 ADR for Rose and Crown on Dec. 24th in case anyone wants it for illuminations. I don't need it anymore with the dessert party.

Hi there everyone! We are officially booked for 12/7-12/12 at Caribbean Beach Resort. We were just at WDW 7/25-7/31 and we all fell in love. We couldn’t wait to go back so we booked again for DH Christmas time off at work. We needed to keep it down to a budget trip this time, as the last time we went (also our first time) we thought it would be a once and a lifetime trip and we wouldn’t be back. Therefore, we really did it up big. Dessert parties, deluxe dining plans, memory maker, etc. Well... going back so soon, we will have to keep it down to a budget. No memory maker, downgraded to quick service (tried to talk my husband out of the plan, but he is a big eater), the only splurge is MVMCP. I gotta tell y’all availability for when we really wanted to go 12/5-12/11 was mighty slim. Does it always book up fast for December or is that still catching some of the thanksgiving crowds hanging around?

How exciting! You're gonna love it in December even more! It's my favorite time to go. October is another great time!

Is anyone else skipping DHS on this trip? Even with Toy Story Land, I don't feel it's worth our time.

We’re not skipping it, but we’ll only do a half day, which is what we normally do. We’re doing HS the day after our MVMCP...sleep in then head to HS after lunch and stay until close. We’re going to try to watch Fantasmic this time as we haven’t been able to see it yet...although I’m still contemplating it or JBJB....decisions...

Is anyone else skipping DHS on this trip? Even with Toy Story Land, I don't feel it's worth our time.
We originally had it down to one day, but made it two (second a sleep in day) First day for Fantasmic, second day for JBJB dessert party. Our kids are older, so they enjoy some of the more thrilling rides there. I will probably make both days sleep in days in the end. Can't wait for Galaxy's Edge. That'll make it a full day park again:)

I'm considering it. We were planning on just dipping in for a few hours to see it, but it doesn't seem worthwhile given that we're not going to ride any of the rides, and we're going to spend four nights at an Epcot area resort in March.

DH and I spent 12 hours there last December (12/29 of last year, and we had the star wars dessert party at 10:30 that night - yes, it was an exhausting day!) and have two half-days planned for this trip...and we don't even do everything. Their holiday decorations are (in my opinion) the best of all the parks, so I feel like it's worth it just for that.

But if you're not interested in any of the rides or holiday events, then it might be the easiest to skip for you. We'd feel like we were missing out if we passed on it.

DH and I spent 12 hours there last December (12/29 of last year, and we had the star wars dessert party at 10:30 that night - yes, it was an exhausting day!) and have two half-days planned for this trip...and we don't even do everything. Their holiday decorations are (in my opinion) the best of all the parks, so I feel like it's worth it just for that.

But if you're not interested in any of the rides or holiday events, then it might be the easiest to skip for you. We'd feel like we were missing out if we passed on it.
I agree!! I love the holiday decorations and entertainment at DHS!! We usually spend a couple of half days at DHS.

We're doing it on our departure day. We'll get there for rope drop (or EMH if it's being offered) and stay until probably around 1 or 2 pm, after which we'll get in the car to drive home to south Georgia. While DHS has my all-time favorite ride (Tower of Terror), the other members of my traveling party aren't as enthused about Tower of Terror or Rock'n'Roller Coaster or Star Tours, and on top of that, none of us are "show"-people, so DHS isn't a full-day park for us even with Toy Story Land now open.

We'll do at least part of the day there. We love Rock n Roller Coaster and DH will want to check out Toy Story land since he won't have been yet. Our boys have all loved Toy Story so it's of interest to us. We are leaving to eat at Yachtsman and may go back for JBJJ or Fantasmic. We'll see.

I'm actually skipping AK this trip, even though it's one of my favorite parks. This is my "all about Christmas" bucket list trip so I will be hitting HS on my arrival day. I will be doing Frozen sing-a-long, Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine, Flurry of Fun, and JBJB. I might even sneak in a photo with Santa. Since it's an adults-only trip I'll be skipping all things Star Wars and my sister and I will just take in the streetmosphere and do some shopping, which we never get to do when the 13yo comes along with us.

I am definitely biased because I love DHS (even in the state prior to TSL opening), but it's holiday decorations are some of my favorites! Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, Sunset Seasons Greetings, and the updates to Echo Lake are all worth making the trip there IMO.

No way would I miss DHS! Particularly during the holiday season! It's gorgeous and they are adding even more holiday decorations and happenings. Again no way would I miss it. I'm actually planning on spending much more time there this coming trip than MK espcially since we are staying at BWV for half of our trip and have to do SDD.

Touring Plans reservation finder came through for me, as always, and I got the Ohana reservation we'd been hoping for! Our plans now look like this (and this is as final as they're getting until our FP+ day):

12/6: Leave Georgia at 8 am. Arrive at Pop around 12-12:30.
Dinner at Ohana at 3:35pm.
MVMCP after dinner.

12/7: Breakfast at 1900 PF at 10:35 am.
Animal Kingdom after breakfast (FP+ for FOP [2pm?], Safari [3pm?], Everest [4pm?].

12/8: Rope drop Epcot/Soarin' (FP+ for Figment [9:30am?], Spaceship Earth [10:30am?], Test Track [11:30am?].
Dinner at Raglan Road at 6:15pm.

12/9: Check out.
Rope drop DHS for AS2/TSMM (FP+ SDD [9am?], ToT [10am?], RnRC [11am?].
Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In at 12:35pm.
Leave DHS to drive home to Georgia no later than 3:00pm.

The current bounce back offer for 2019 is until Oct 31st of this year. We of course, are staying in December. Does this mean if we call the bounce back line while at the resort they will offer us nothing for next year? Not even a room discount?

The current bounce back offer for 2019 is until Oct 31st of this year. We of course, are staying in December. Does this mean if we call the bounce back line while at the resort they will offer us nothing for next year? Not even a room discount?
A FD Bounce back is bookable til October 31st. Typically a room only discount for dates til the end of 2019 kicks in then. There is always a bounce back. Just dial ext. 8844 from your room to find out exactly what it is if you don’t see any info. in your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter