***Official November 2016 Thread***

Hi!!!!

Booked 11/8-11/14 @ the Contemporary!:cheer2: Surprise trip for the kids (9) & (6) who have been begging to go! We told them it was too expensive :rolleyes:. Last trip was just the hubs and I over 10 years ago:worried:. Can't wait to plan our Disney days with you all:cheer2:

This is the link I've been checking. I could be wrong, but I believe it will update to Nov 2016 as soon as they are available. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!
https://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_November.pdf
Hey guys, just an FYI the Nov. hours are out on this site. Also FYI they are, as usual, far from final so take them with a grain of salt!
Josh over at easywdw doesn't have his out yet; most likely another few weeks.

Hey guys, just an FYI the Nov. hours are out on this site. Also FYI they are, as usual, far from final so take them with a grain of salt!

Yay! We can sorta plan a bit more now! lol. Although weirdness...whats the 4:30pm close at Magic Kingdom on Thursday Nov 17th?

Yay! We can sorta plan a bit more now! lol. Although weirdness...whats the 4:30pm close at Magic Kingdom on Thursday Nov 17th?
I have heard 2 rumors - either the Cast Member Celebration or the IAAPA (International Assoc of Amusement Parks and Attractions) convention, both of which typically take place around that time of year.

I have heard 2 rumors - either the Cast Member Celebration or the IAAPA (International Assoc of Amusement Parks and Attractions) convention, both of which typically take place around that time of year.
I was just coming on to post the same thing! Yes, it appears it's one of the other. Last year the IAAPA was actually in May but according to Google (I didn't look it up, but someone who posted on the Theme Parks board supposedly did) they found that it may be their group that rented it out in Nov. this year. For the last many years the Cast Member party was in HS but last year it was stated that will no longer be the case; I assume b/c of all the upheaval, closures, etc. It's rather strange for MK to be "rented out", HS was the most common followed by Epcot, but now for the reasons mentioned above you kind of have to forget renting out/closing HS for private parties so I wouldn't be surprised to see more groups that normally do other parks doing MK.

IAAPA I believe normally has their party start around 6ish while the CM party is always 4:30. Still could be either one. Stinks to have another early closing at MK besides all the parties in Nov., though.

I was just coming on to post the same thing! Yes, it appears it's one of the other. Last year the IAAPA was actually in May but according to Google (I didn't look it up, but someone who posted on the Theme Parks board supposedly did) they found that it may be their group that rented it out in Nov. this year. For the last many years the Cast Member party was in HS but last year it was stated that will no longer be the case; I assume b/c of all the upheaval, closures, etc. It's rather strange for MK to be "rented out", HS was the most common followed by Epcot, but now for the reasons mentioned above you kind of have to forget renting out/closing HS for private parties so I wouldn't be surprised to see more groups that normally do other parks doing MK.

IAAPA I believe normally has their party start around 6ish while the CM party is always 4:30. Still could be either one. Stinks to have another early closing at MK besides all the parties in Nov., though.

Plus no regular nighttime entertainment at MK for all of November... Really hoping there will be some changes

Plus no regular nighttime entertainment at MK for all of November... Really hoping there will be some changes
Is that normal to not have Wishes during November? No Wishes, HS closing stuff. Wow. I picked the wrong time to go for my first family trip.

Is that normal to not have Wishes during November? No Wishes, HS closing stuff. Wow. I picked the wrong time to go for my first family trip.

See my comment below about Wishes, but ENJDisneyFan is right :)
As far as all the closings at HS and your first trip, it does stink that so many things in HS that had been around for ages are now gone and you didn't get to see them. It bums me out too, as HS (MGM) is/was/is? my favorite park, at least the way it USED to be. I'm not convinced the "new" HS will remain my favorite but I'm trying to stay optimistic.
On the other hand, there will be new stuff for your Nov. trip, things that will be new not only to first timers like yourself but to people like me who've been many times, and that should excite you! The new Frozen ride in Epcot, new Soarin (which believe me, will be an improvement over the old, worn out screens), hopefully RoL. New things are opening all the time down in Disney Springs. Plus, since you're going the week of Thanksgiving with me, you get to see things that some seasoned Disney visitors have never seen - all the gorgeous holiday decorations and if you're staying long enough, the storytellers in Epcot and the Candlelight Processional if you choose to do it. And, in many cases you can meet characters in holiday outfits :goodvibes
I am in no way making excuses for the lameness that some may see HS as now, but there is still SO much to enjoy in other places, especially as first time visitors. I think you and your family will have a wonderful trip. Just take a deep breath and realize you'll have to deal with some unknowns for the next few months as far as park hours and certain attraction openings, but it'll all work out fine.
Wishes will get added. It's common for the early park hours to exclude the night time entertainment, it will come later.

Exactly, they'll add Wishes as it gets closer. They had Wishes every night the week of Thanksgiving last year when we were there, even though when Nov. hours initially came out Wishes wasn't listed at all.

Wishes will get added. It's common for the early park hours to exclude the night time entertainment, it will come later.

Exactly, they'll add Wishes as it gets closer. They had Wishes every night the week of Thanksgiving last year when we were there, even though when Nov. hours initially came out Wishes wasn't listed at all.

Every time this happens I have a mini panic attack about not seeing the ELP or Wishes. (Even though I'll see holiday Wishes!) I have issues! :rotfl:

Agreed, from what I'm seeing it will be the IAAPA on the 17th. Now considering last year they filmed the Christmas parade that week I wonder if that will affect that if they were planning on doing so again or if they move the taping back to early December. Oooh the speculations!! Lol.

to echo everyone else, Wishes and other shows will get added in there. Also even though HS might be missing some stuff right now, I just think of it that it's out of my hands and now I have more time to see other things and reride my favourites! I mean there is always so much to do in the parks! Or use that time to explore resorts or just chill at the pool. Oh boy! I just can't wait till November!!!!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!!! I just officially (it's been unofficial for weeks) booked our trip for 11/2-11/8!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Super excited because it will be DS(5)'s FIRST TIME and DD(13)'s second. DH and I want to try and keep it a secret until the day we leave and then surprise them when we pick them up from school. Has anyone done anything similar and can give me some ideas??
We had planned to surprise our two, we kept it a secret for 7 months and I couldn't hold it in any longer, so we told them. They are now super excited and are able to look at videos of the rides, help plan the trip and save up all their money.
I chose to tell them as I wanted them to have the excitement of the countdown as I feel that is all part of the trip :)

Either way, you will have the best time :cloud9:

Thanks for the heads up :)

I'm glad I read all the other posts before looking at the link. I would of wondered what was going on with wishes and elp missing :scared:

Well just got our trip and booked and waitlist for DVC came through. So here it is. 11/12-BWV; 11/13-11/15-Poly; 11/16-11/19 BCV. Yes we are crazy, but we love to resort hop. This will be DS2 first trip, so we are super excited for that and he will be turning 1 on 11/20 so a early Birthday trip too! After seeing these park hours and not certain if they will do the Christmas party taping this week I wonder if we picked the best week to go :( I know that we wont be out late with a 1 year, but 4:30 is crazy to close the MK. I guess all I can do now is wait for more info to come out. Can't wait to plan yet another fun Disney trip full of 1st :earsboy:

Well just got our trip and booked and waitlist for DVC came through. So here it is. 11/12-BWV; 11/13-11/15-Poly; 11/16-11/19 BCV. Yes we are crazy, but we love to resort hop. This will be DS2 first trip, so we are super excited for that and he will be turning 1 on 11/20 so a early Birthday trip too! After seeing these park hours and not certain if they will do the Christmas party taping this week I wonder if we picked the best week to go :( I know that we wont be out late with a 1 year, but 4:30 is crazy to close the MK. I guess all I can do now is wait for more info to come out. Can't wait to plan yet another fun Disney trip full of 1st :earsboy:
That trip will be very magical!

And I won't even look at the preliminary hours because all it does is stress me out! LOL!

On the park hours chart it says ' blizzard beach refurbishment ' does this mean it will be closed?

I havent seen this anywhere else. Or have I missed something?

On the park hours chart it says ' blizzard beach refurbishment ' does this mean it will be closed?

I havent seen this anywhere else. Or have I missed something?
Yes, that does generally mean it's closed. Usually during the colder months only one water park is open; I thought it was more Dec/Jan. but either I'm wrong, or for whatever reason they upped it to Nov. this year

Well, today was the 7-month booking window for the person we're renting points from. We already have BCV for our first 4 nights but since it wasn't available our other nights we wanted to do a split stay and see where else there was a studio available our last 3. Unfortunately every DVC resort is booked 11/23-11/26 except SSR and I don't want to stay there. Our fault for waiting too long in the first place :( So after our time at Beach Club looks like we'll be moving over to Coronado Springs. We do like it there, just not ideal going from deluxe to a mod.

In other news Josh at easywdw posted a VERY preliminary Nov. calendar. He's very honest about it being difficult to make good, accurate predictions right now with so much up in the air as far as things w/o opening dates and how they'll effect park touring, nighttime entertainment not announced, etc.
but at least it's something!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest