Official MLB 2024 Season Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

I'm glad they won. We'll be watching it later.
And the Marlins are IN the playoffs for the first time since 2003 (when we won the Series).

We own the tie-breaker with the Phils, so even if we both end up 30-30, we're in.

Jays are in the playoffs, and the reward looks like they play in their personal House of Horrors known as the Trop.

Jays are in the playoffs, and the reward looks like they play in their personal House of Horrors known as the Trop.
Yeah, I feel their pain. That is, by far, the worst ballpark I've ever visited.

Except...when a buddy and I went, there was a Columbia Restaurant outlet there! That unexpected surprise made the trip worthwhile.

Except...when a buddy and I went, there was a Columbia Restaurant outlet there! That unexpected surprise made the trip worthwhile.
I used to go to the Ex here in Toronto. It was a football stadium adapted for baseball, and there was certainly no mistaking that.

Hoping the shortened season is good for the Pirates. They usually seem to have a really good month or so every season so the shortened season could do them well. I don't expect much, but would be nice for them to play well.

Quoting myself here to say how horrible the Pirates were. Like I said, I didn't expect much, but they did even worse than expected. No one was good. They called up Hayes (Charlies son) who was the only bright spot. That and we'll have the first overall pick. But knowing the Pirates they will either mess him up or trade him in a few years to save money.

Quoting myself here to say how horrible the Pirates were. Like I said, I didn't expect much, but they did even worse than expected. No one was good. They called up Hayes (Charlies son) who was the only bright spot. That and we'll have the first overall pick. But knowing the Pirates they will either mess him up or trade him in a few years to save money.
If the Pirates give Cherington some time, I think you'll start to see some results. He put together a pretty good core in Boston and I have to think that he had a hand in creating the current Jays roster.

We visited The Trop I forget how many years ago and it is one of our favorites.

They have tried to move the Rays to Ybor City and I visited the proposed location recently. It would have been a great location with public transit and Ybor as a solid backdrop for the fans (it's certainly not like the Gas Lamp district in SD, but a good start).

The Trop is a dungeon, but the Rays are locked-in with St. Pete for $M/years.

I think the Rays will beat the Dodgers in the WS.

We visited The Trop I forget how many years ago and it is one of our favorites.

I love games at the Trop. You know the game will never be rained out, you'll never get sunburned & it will always be a comfortable 72 degrees. I enjoy looking through the roof at the lightening knowing the game won't be affected. I've been rained on, ran from lightening & been sunburned enough at football games in Tampa & Miami to make me wish all stadiums were enclosed. That said, I do hope the Rays will eventually get a new stadium in Tampa, because I'm afraid the team will leave the area otherwise. We no longer live in Tampa, but we're still Rays fans. It wouldn't be the same, if they weren't the Tampa Rays.

Am I the only person here that's still watching baseball? It's no fun to party by yourself. :p

ALCS - Tampa Rays up 2-0 Go Rays! :cheer2:

Time to talk some baseball! Thread title updated to reflect the upcoming season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!