"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that have gone to the party already, does this sound doable?

We are planning on entering MK on a regular ticket around 2 pm on our party day.

Hoping to catch FoF, and then ride Space, Tomorrowland Speedway and BTMRR with FP+.

We have a reservation for Skipper Canteen at 5:15 pm.

It should be after 6 pm by the time dinner is over so I was planning on starting to work our way around the park Adventureland to Fantasyland to Tomorrowland for the next 2 hours (riding rides and getting the free snacks). We have no interest in meeting characters.

I was hoping to make our way to the hub/Main St. area around 8 pm to get a spot for the parade. Is this too late? We could go back to Frontierland, I suppose, or make our way down Main St. a little more, but I was trying to consolidate our walking a little bit.

I then have the 9 pm dessert party with Plaza viewing scheduled more for the view than the desserts. I had heard they now have a reserved spot for the parade for the party guests - is this correct? Can we find a good spot without the party? My other thought is we head down Main St. toward the train station for the parade and fireworks and try to fill in the time a little by getting our Sorcerer's card, maybe meeting Mickey, etc. but that means not doing any more rides or party stuff as I know my DS10 and DH will want to leave right after the fireworks.

Any advice for seeing the first parade and the fireworks without waiting for hours would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds okay to me. Only thing is, I would arrive earlier than 2 pm if you want to see FoF, because it starts at 2 pm. When we went we got there around 1 pm and had a wonderful day.

I have read the listing of the snack offerings but was wondering do they have Chocolate Chip cookies or Ginger Bread Cookies at all?

We ate at Be Our Guest at the mvmcp on 11/10. The Beast was greeting guests; we saw him at the end of our meal with only one family in front of us! He was interactive and really funny, made a big deal about our Christmas shirts!

Awesome! Thanks Kate :thanks:

I have read the listing of the snack offerings but was wondering do they have Chocolate Chip cookies or Ginger Bread Cookies at all?

No chocolate chip. That's my favorite cookie and I'd know if they had it.

However, They may have them for people with allergies. I know they have special snacks for them but not sure what they are. Anyone know?

HELP!!
We decided to go to seaworld one day and just realized they don't have the Christmas celebration everyday. I need to now change ADR's and park days last minute. Can I get into MVMCP early with a magic kingdom ADR if I don't have a regular park ticket that day? Like 4pm?

HELP!!
We decided to go to seaworld one day and just realized they don't have the Christmas celebration everyday. I need to now change ADR's and park days last minute. Can I get into MVMCP early with a magic kingdom ADR if I don't have a regular park ticket that day? Like 4pm?
4 pm entry with a party ticket is fine. They will hold your 4pm ADR for you for up to 15 minutes, so you shouldn't have any issue.

uhoh
I'm there 12/1 to I hope it's not to bad. it is my second party so it is supposed to be our slow night a few chrs but more just taking in the atmosphere

Disneyland vet here - this will be our second visit to WDW and I’ve never seen a parade on main street or seen fireworks in the Magic Kingdom, so forgive my question if it’s dumb.

Is it feasible to stake out a spot near the castle stage to see the frozen deal, mickey’s merriest celebration and the parade? I’m going to be on my own with my 4 and 8 year olds, so first parade, and I figured the wait wouldn’t be so bad if we could be entertained by those shows.

It looks feasible from the map, but I can’t tell for sure.

I see that my party date (12/1) is sold out :sad2: I hope the crowds aren't too crazy...

Oh no! That’s my date too. I would love more reports from people who attended a sold out night - either this year or in the past. I now think my character time estimates weren’t conservative enough.

Oh no! That’s my date too. I would love more reports from people who attended a sold out night - either this year or in the past. I now think my character time estimates weren’t conservative enough.
We’ve done several sell outs. You’ll be fine!! Character lines are always long, sell out or not, so just have a good plan. What I did notice more on sell out nights were longer wait times for rides, and additional congestion on Main Street around parade and fireworks times. You’ll want to add an additional buffer there for sure. But even a sell out is far less crowded than a busy MK day. And a good plan is a must, sell out or not. Enjoy!!!

We’ve done several sell outs. You’ll be fine!! Character lines are always long, sell out or not, so just have a good plan. What I did notice more on sell out nights were longer wait times for rides, and additional congestion on Main Street around parade and fireworks times. You’ll want to add an additional buffer there for sure. But even a sell out is far less crowded than a busy MK day. And a good plan is a must, sell out or not. Enjoy!!!
thank you for that :) I'm primarily going for the shorter ride lines, so hopefully it's not too bad.

Happily, I only have two-three rides in my plan. And those are flexible. I budgeted an hour each for Sandy Claws and Scrooge. A couple of the lesser ones I have at 15, so hopefully that'll be enough if I time it right.

But thank you for the tip/reminder about parade and fireworks congestion. I was wondering how difficult it would be to get from viewing Frozen Holiday Wish to near the train station before the parade started.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter