Official: Marvel Land to come to DLR

I don't think Disney gives a damn about demographics. All they care about is $$$$. Irrelevant where that $$$$ comes from.

If they care about $$$$, they will care about demographics. I mean sure $$ is all the same, but you don’t want to necessarily push out a good portion of your business

If they care about $$$$, they will care about demographics. I mean sure $$ is all the same, but you don’t want to necessarily push out a good portion of your business

My point is that if there is money to be made by appealing to the 18+ crowd as opposed to families, and that decision would result in profits (according to Disney's bean counters), they will do it. It doesn't matter whether families get pissed off as long as Disney is generating more money.

Oh, I’m sad about this. We love Bugs Land-the theming is great, the rides are charming, and the splash pad is such a nice break. I also loved Muppets and Monsters-hateto see them all go (and my kids are all out of little kid age-we still love this).

Oh, I’m sad about this. We love Bugs Land-the theming is great, the rides are charming, and the splash pad is such a nice break. I also loved Muppets and Monsters-hateto see them all go (and my kids are all out of little kid age-we still love this).

Wait, monsters inc is going???

OH I am totally bummed. I absolutely love "Its tough to be a bug". I knew it was closing, but I was hoping to see it one last time when I am there in May for my trip. It was just a cute little air conditioned show. *Sigh* Oh well, maybe Marvel will actually WOW me one day with their new land.

Totally excited for this! We did use Bug's Land when my daughter was little, but even then, the rides weren't great and she was never a fan of the movie at all. I do hope there are still some rides for the younger set, but very much looking forward to Marvel in the park. As someone who usually goes to Disney World, this will definitely pull us back to Disneyland in 2020 and beyond.

raw

#dontSquashTheBugs

We almost always ride Heimlich when we are there. Even though it's a slow ride and it's short, it's really well done. We love it. I'm sorry to see Bug's Land go. I'm not sorry to see the It's Tough To Be A Bug theater close, though. That attraction freaked all of us out and we've never been back. I thought that the constant reuse of it as a perpetual sneak preview theater was stupid.

I'm not sorry to see the It's Tough To Be A Bug theater close, though. That attraction freaked all of us out and we've never been back.
lol, I can sympathize with you there. The one and only time we saw it I didn't know much about it except that it was a kids' show in a kiddie area, so I thought it would be fun/relaxing/cute. Ha! One of those special effects jabbed me in the back painfully (it must have just hit a sensitive spot) so I sat on the edge of my seat for the rest of the show being paranoid about any more fun surprises, and my partner (who is afraid of spiders) kept giving me a look that said "why are we doing this to ourselves?"

There is also Jessie's Carousel and Flik's is likely to become Inside out, so that's four rides. That's still a net loss of two rides with no height requirement. Then again, I would be that the A Bug's Life theater will just be refit into a show featuring Marvel characters, so that'd be another all-ages attraction. Of course, still a net loss of two.

But even if they can go on it, not all will want to. Not a huge amount of 3 year old girls that are keen on Marvel.
Put together with Star Wars land it seems their core market is being a little ignored.

Last edited:
One of those special effects jabbed me in the back painfully (it must have just hit a sensitive spot) so I sat on the edge of my seat for the rest of the show being paranoid about any more fun surprises, and my partner (who is afraid of spiders) kept giving me a look that said "why are we doing this to ourselves?"

The same thing happened the only time we went and watched the show. My back hurt for days after that jab.

But even if they can go on it, not all will want to. Not a huge amount of 3 year old girls that are keen on Marvel.
Put together with Star Wars land it seems there core market is being a little ignored.

I mentioned in a different thread asking about DCA that on our first trip, my oldest was 3 (girl) and then our son was 1. If DCA was then was it will be in a few years (all Marvel), I doubt we would have gone. In fact, one of the only reasons we went as is was Ariel's Grotto, which is interestingly enough also not there so as far as the princess crowd goes there isn't much anymore. Depending on if my boys end up liking Marvel, DCA will probably be 1 day out of a 4 day trip.

One of those special effects jabbed me in the back painfully (it must have just hit a sensitive spot) so I sat on the edge of my seat for the rest of the show being paranoid about any more fun surprises, "

SAME THING happened to me! It hit my spine a weird way and totally hurt! I’ve been afraid to go back in case it did that again, even though it was really well done. I thought I was the only one.

Becky

Guys... OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!! This must be how Star Wars fans felt when Star Wars land was announced. I. Can't. Even.

Now is too early to plan a 2020 Christmas trip to DL??!! ...sadly the answer is yes knowing DL never does anything on time... summer 2021 on the other hand?...

I imagine something will open in 2020. Star Wars opens in 2019 and they need a big draw at DCA ASAP. But the announcement makes it sound like this land will open in phases. Since Spiderman and Avengers were specifically mentioned I imagine they'll be first.

I'm super excited. Guardians is one of my favorite attractions and it needs some company. With Galaxies Edge and now Marvel Land coming in the next few years, I have a lot to look forward to.

I also understand why some aren't as excited, especially with the placement of Galaxies Edge in Disneyland, I admit it's not the ideal fit. In a perfect world both would be in a third gate or even in DCA if they had the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter