***Official July 2019 thread***

Our Adr Window opened today, but we are on the quick service dining plan this trip so not many reservations to make. We always have to throw in at least one character meal though so I booked both Chef Mickey and Garden Grill breakfasts. Will be cancelling one once I make up my mind between them. I like the convenience of just doing the pre-opening breakfast in the park, but wonder if we will miss seeing the fab 5. We have done Chef Mickey's in the past but Garden Grill would be something new.

Also booked a pre-open breakfast at Be Our Guest on our first Magic Kingdom day and a lunch for our last. Excited to try it since this restaurant is new since we were there last.
Garden Grill is great! The character interaction is so good. We haven't done it as a PPO yet, though I have one scheduled for June just in case, but I have heard it works well. We are there nine days in June so we probably don't need the PPO, but I really like all 4 Tier 1's so it couldn't hurt to try it. I also have a later in the morning one scheduled too. Will need to decide as we get closer.

I'm not a huge fan of CM but they do have good character interaction and breakfast is the better meal.

And we love the PPO at BOG.

Our Adr Window opened today, but we are on the quick service dining plan this trip so not many reservations to make. We always have to throw in at least one character meal though so I booked both Chef Mickey and Garden Grill breakfasts. Will be cancelling one once I make up my mind between them. I like the convenience of just doing the pre-opening breakfast in the park, but wonder if we will miss seeing the fab 5. We have done Chef Mickey's in the past but Garden Grill would be something new.

Also booked a pre-open breakfast at Be Our Guest on our first Magic Kingdom day and a lunch for our last. Excited to try it since this restaurant is new since we were there last.

Garden Grill PPO is my favorite ADR to get. The character interaction is the best of any character meal we've done AND you can ride Soarin before the park opens if you get an ADR between 8 and 8:20. We've done it 2 times and have it booked for March and July!

Well you all have made my decision incredibly easy :thanks:. Will likely cancel my Chef Mickey and keep the Garden Grill. Sounds like the character interaction is incredible, I love that it is family style instead of the usual buffet, and I love Soarin' so getting to head there as soon as we are done would be a fantastic extra perk.

We booked for July 6 to 13th at Pop century with free quick service. Havent been in 3 years so quite excited to get back home! Will do 2 table service as my daughter has requested chef mickeys and my husband and I love 50s primetime. It will be myself, DH, & 16 yo DD
Did book a BOG breakfast as that is QS. Nervous about crowds as we usually go in September but with DD schedule that isnt possible these days.

We did Garden Grill PPO and loved it as well. Great food, fun character interaction, and we were first in line for Soarin’. We ended up getting to ride with only 1 other family in the entire theater. One of our favorite Disney memories!

ADR day tomorrow! Will be booking Garden Grill, but not PPO this time.

We did Garden Grill PPO and loved it as well. Great food, fun character interaction, and we were first in line for Soarin’. We ended up getting to ride with only 1 other family in the entire theater. One of our favorite Disney memories!

ADR day tomorrow! Will be booking Garden Grill, but not PPO this time.

Ours is tomorrow, too! We've been finalizing our dining decisions today. We're going to Garden Grill for the first time, but for dinner. The breakfast menu looks amazing, so we might try that next trip.

Ours is tomorrow, too! We've been finalizing our dining decisions today. We're going to Garden Grill for the first time, but for dinner. The breakfast menu looks amazing, so we might try that next trip.

We’ve been twice, but done breakfast both times. We’re planning on trying lunch this time. Good luck tomorrow getting everything you want! ADR day is always exciting

We’ve been twice, but done breakfast both times. We’re planning on trying lunch this time. Good luck tomorrow getting everything you want! ADR day is always exciting

It was the sides of fries and mac and cheese that did it for us. Any meal that includes mashed potatoes AND fries is ok in my book... ;)

Yay! It's definitely exciting! Good luck to you, too!

We had Garden Grill for dinner on Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. It was delish!!!

We had Garden Grill for dinner on Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. It was delish!!!
That would be a perfect Thanksgiving dinner!

I was up at 3 this morning to make our ADRs. Not sure how necessary it was to be on there exactly on time, but I’m happy with the results. We got everything we wanted and the exact days and times we wanted. We’ve never actually booked a trip more than 180 days out, so this is a new experience. We’ve had a few weirdly timed dinners in the past because that’s all that was left.

We booked-
Places we’ve been and loved: Ohana dinner, 50s Prime Time, Sci Fi, Hoop De Doo Revue (favorite!!), Yak and Yeti, Teppan Edo

New places: Garden Grill dinner, Yachtsman, Trattoria dinner, Kona late breakfast, Beaches and Cream, Cape May Cafe breakfast on departure day, HAE after fireworks dessert party on our last night (We’ve never done a dessert party, and are excited for this splurge!)

I’m super happy with all of this and with the balance of old favorites and new things to try that we’ve struck. Our reservations are also pretty Epcot/Boardwalk heavy since that’s where we’re staying, which I like.

Now we only have to wait 120 more days until we can book FP+!! :rolleyes2

I was up at 3 this morning to make our ADRs. Not sure how necessary it was to be on there exactly on time, but I’m happy with the results. We got everything we wanted and the exact days and times we wanted. We’ve never actually booked a trip more than 180 days out, so this is a new experience. We’ve had a few weirdly timed dinners in the past because that’s all that was left.

We booked-
Places we’ve been and loved: Ohana dinner, 50s Prime Time, Sci Fi, Hoop De Doo Revue (favorite!!), Yak and Yeti, Teppan Edo

New places: Garden Grill dinner, Yachtsman, Trattoria dinner, Kona late breakfast, Beaches and Cream, Cape May Cafe breakfast on departure day, HAE after fireworks dessert party on our last night (We’ve never done a dessert party, and are excited for this splurge!)

I’m super happy with all of this and with the balance of old favorites and new things to try that we’ve struck. Our reservations are also pretty Epcot/Boardwalk heavy since that’s where we’re staying, which I like.

Love your choices!! I’ve begun tweaking my reservations already and have switch several ones already!! Lol!! We also have the fireworks dessert party on our last night!

Love your choices!! I’ve begun tweaking my reservations already and have switch several ones already!! Lol!! We also have the fireworks dessert party on our last night!

I’ve also tweaked a few already! And I love that you’re also doing the dessert party your last night. Seemed like a perfect idea to us!

We booked-

Looks like we have similar taste! We’re doing ‘Ohana dinner, Garden Grill, Tusker House, Artist Point, Sci Fi, Hoop-dee-doo (first time!), Yak and Yeti, and Crystal Palace. We’re also doing he HEA Dessert party on our last night as well! We have done the MK dessert party every single trip and it’s become a favorite tradition. The kids are asking for CRT again, but Im not sure we’ll end up hitting that one. I got up at 7:30 this morning and got what I wanted at most of the times I wanted. I will have to do it all over again in 4 days since we’re doing a split stay.

Looks like we have similar taste! We’re doing ‘Ohana dinner, Garden Grill, Tusker House, Artist Point, Sci Fi, Hoop-dee-doo (first time!), Yak and Yeti, and Crystal Palace. We’re also doing he HEA Dessert party on our last night as well! We have done the MK dessert party every single trip and it’s become a favorite tradition. The kids are asking for CRT again, but Im not sure we’ll end up hitting that one. I got up at 7:30 this morning and got what I wanted at most of the times I wanted. I will have to do it all over again in 4 days since we’re doing a split stay.

You will LOVE Hoop dee Doo! It’s absolutely a must do for us. So fun and the food is great.

I just looked up Artist Point and am super intrigued....definitely next trip, since I don’t think I can squeeze it in this trip. I wish we could though; it looks amazing!

I’m glad to hear the dessert party is worthwhile enough to make a tradition! We were on the fence about it initially.

I see you’re in Texas, so 7:30 would be 5:30 for me...I think that’s more what I’m leaning toward next time. 3:00am was a bit much. Haha!

Jumping on this thread now since our trip goes into July! We're going June 21st - July 5th. First night at Pop, then 6 nights AKV and 7 nights BWV. I'm so excited to be there over 4th of July again. I've booked the Illuminations dining package for the 4th, it will be so nice to not have to fight the crowds for a spot for the first time!

I see you’re in Texas, so 7:30 would be 5:30 for me...I think that’s more what I’m leaning toward next time. 3:00am was a bit much. Haha!

Oh, yeah that would be rough! We visited DLR over Thanksgiving and just stayed on Texas time for the whole trip. It made rope dropping a breeze!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter