***Official July 2019 thread***

Booked for July 22-26 with free dining deal yesterday for myself, DW and DD. Staying at All Star Sports and upgraded the dining plan from quick service to deluxe.
Awesome our dates are the same.
That is a lot of food though for a fairly short trip.
I hope you are arriving early and departing late and want more than one table service per day otherwise you may want to change to the regular dining plan.

Anyone going July 3 and 4? What are you guys doing those nights? I would be at USO that time and was thinking of hopping over to watch fireworks from outside... maybe Pirates and Pals or California Grill if I can get a reservation. :)

We are doing July 3 in the Magic Kingdom, July 4 in Epcot. Currently we have a breakfast and dinner ADR on July 3, along with the dessert party. That way we will have forced breaks in air conditioning, and not have to fight the quick service mobs. On July 4 we have a late breakfast ADR at Cape May, and plan on being lazy by the pool most of the day. We have an ADR that night for La Hacienda, and can hopefully get a table with a view.

Awesome our dates are the same.
That is a lot of food though for a fairly short trip.
I hope you are arriving early and departing late and want more than one table service per day otherwise you may want to change to the regular dining plan.

Actually weighed the pros and cons and added an extra day to our reservation. Know it's a lot of food but we're planning on doing a couple 2 credit restaurants so we figured it was worth the upgrade.

Hey everyone!!! Going July 2-6 and staying at French Quarter. Can’t wait. Worried about the heat but I have a plan so hopefully it will work.
Edited: Just made my hotel change to French Quarter. I really wanted to give CBR another chance but I ended up going back to my old favorite.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!!! Going July 2-6 and staying at Caribbean Beach. Can’t wait. Worried about the heat but I have a plan so hopefully it will work.

We've been many times in the summer and we hadn't been in cooler months in a while so my sister and I decided we'd do December 2018. We found ourselves freezing.
I said dang it we are going in July next time so we booked it for July lol.
Yes its very hot and humid but hey you know what to pack and I usually don't even find myself wishing I had a sweater in the AC of the restaurants because it feels so refreshing.
We find that we keep cool enough on attractions and in restaurants that we can manage the walk between attractions.
Also we like to walk by gift shops just to feel the quick burst of AC lol.

We've been many times in the summer and we hadn't been in cooler months in a while so my sister and I decided we'd do December 2018. We found ourselves freezing.
I said dang it we are going in July next time so we booked it for July lol.
Yes its very hot and humid but hey you know what to pack and I usually don't even find myself wishing I had a sweater in the AC of the restaurants because it feels so refreshing.
We find that we keep cool enough on attractions and in restaurants that we can manage the walk between attractions.
Also we like to walk by gift shops just to feel the quick burst of AC lol.
I hope my family feels the same way about the heat! I’m with you in packing. I’m happy I know I only have to bring shorts and tees! Hopefully I’ll learn not to overpack by then haha!

I hope my family feels the same way about the heat! I’m with you in packing. I’m happy I know I only have to bring shorts and tees! Hopefully I’ll learn not to overpack by then haha!

After taking a trip in September I can offer this advice: bring extra clothes. We sweat through a lot of outfits and wanted fresh clothes after pool time.

I also brought a small bottle of Febreze and would spray things and hang them up to freshen. It really works!

After taking a trip in September I can offer this advice: bring extra clothes. We sweat through a lot of outfits and wanted fresh clothes after pool time.

I also brought a small bottle of Febreze and would spray things and hang them up to freshen. It really works!
Oh good tip! Haha I was thinking we’d buy some clothes there too so was hoping not to bring too much. We’re sure to do laundry because we’re doing a 2.5 week trip!

Hey everyone!!! Going July 2-6 and staying at French Quarter. Can’t wait. Worried about the heat but I have a plan so hopefully it will work.
Edited: Just made my hotel change to French Quarter. I really wanted to give CBR another chance but I ended up going back to my old favorite.

Can I ask what your plan is? I admit I'm a little worried about the heat, humidity, and my asthma.

I just booked our dream hotel... only 2 nights but Polynesian Resort!!! Not putting off the dream stay any longer. Going to spend the weekend at Legoland and do the 2 nights/1 day at MK on the way back.
We spent an amazing week at Bay Lake Tower this past summer but 2 kids got sick and didn’t get to eat at Crystal Palace. And Pirates was down. My oldest is aging out of these trips so I want to make one last childhood memory before he starts middle school, and do these things together.

Can I ask what your plan is? I admit I'm a little worried about the heat, humidity, and my asthma.

Well I plan to rope drop whichever park I am going to in the AM and staying until around noon. Then heading back to the room for a rest and pool time. Then venturing back out around 5ish and taking advantage of evening extra magic hours, when possible.

I also plan on bringing my personal fan/mister and having a cooling towel with me and keeping water with me at all times.

This is a solo trip so I will be on my own and know my limits with the heat. I don’t want to overdo it.

Well I plan to rope drop whichever park I am going to in the AM and staying until around noon. Then heading back to the room for a rest and pool time. Then venturing back out around 5ish and taking advantage of evening extra magic hours, when possible.

I also plan on bringing my personal fan/mister and having a cooling towel with me and keeping water with me at all times.

This is a solo trip so I will be on my own and know my limits with the heat. I don’t want to overdo it.

Our little mister fan was a lifesaver!

Officially joining in for July. Booked CSR on the Fun & Sun for 7/4-7/7. This will be our 4th trip of 2019. We will have APs so I am also keeping watch for AP rates. Basically last year we watched the live streaming of the fourth fireworks and decided, since we will have APs this year, let's see it in person. We decided to do a dessert party but I was too late booking and couldn't find any availability (this was about 3pm on Tuesday). I thought our trip was ruined, as seeing the fireworks was the inspiration for the trip. Well, lo and behold, at 6pm I checked and availability opened up for the Plaza Viewing (I would have preferred the After Fireworks one but beggars can't be choosers) so I got it all booked! No other ADRS booked yet, and really not much planned seeing as this is an "extra" trip. Currently working on the planning and ADRs now.

Excited to be here!

All you early July people booking ADRs are making me (even more) impatient! Our window opens Sunday and I can’t wait to start solidifying some of these plans!

Our Adr Window opened today, but we are on the quick service dining plan this trip so not many reservations to make. We always have to throw in at least one character meal though so I booked both Chef Mickey and Garden Grill breakfasts. Will be cancelling one once I make up my mind between them. I like the convenience of just doing the pre-opening breakfast in the park, but wonder if we will miss seeing the fab 5. We have done Chef Mickey's in the past but Garden Grill would be something new.

Also booked a pre-open breakfast at Be Our Guest on our first Magic Kingdom day and a lunch for our last. Excited to try it since this restaurant is new since we were there last.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter