***OFFICIAL*** Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Spectacular & Dessert Party ***2019 JBJB Discussion Begins on Pg. 39***

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is this party usually?
We booked an 8:00p start time and the park closes at 9:00p so I assume that’s when the show will be. I’m
thinking they’ll start making people head over to the viewing area at 8:45 which leaves 45 minutes to eat & drink and get pics with the character?
Seems really expensive if we have to stand in lines and rush to eat.... we are going 11/21 (Weds. before Thanksgiving) so I’m thinking it will be packed.
Thanks for any thoughts - it’s a lot of money and if we’re going to feel rushed I may cancel.
The show is at 9:30 on your night - you will have plenty of time. Check in at 7:45 and you will have 1hr 15 mins

I have:

5:00 pm 50's Prime Time Cafe
6:25 pm Slinky Dog Dash
7:00 pm Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam Party

Is this practical/doable? Assuming we don't have dessert at 50sPTC.

I guess I'm most worried about the SDD and party overlap. I'd move SDD earlier but of course nothing is available.

If you want to maximize your party time you should arrive about 15 minutes before the advertised start time. Also, keep in mind that there are savory items at the party so you may want to consider a late lunch or a very light meal before the party. You're paying a lot of money for the party and I wouldn't compromise it for an enjoyable, but just ok ride.

I have:

I guess I'm most worried about the SDD and party overlap. I'd move SDD earlier but of course nothing is available.
if you get to SDD right at 6:25 you will be done in 10 mins so you will be fine

On my reservation it says 7pm...so is that the time we get there or the time the show starts? It's for Dec. 11th. Wayne and Lanny are my son's favorite! Gotta be on time!

I have:

I agree with FastPasser about food. I would drop 50's Prime Time Cafe. If you need something to eat I would eat something earlier in the day. Then I would get to Slinky Dog Dash at 6:20 since you can enter the line 5 mins early with a FP. That should give you plenty of time to get to the party. My plan is to be at HS all day so I figured I would eat lunch somewhere then use the JBJB party as dinner because there are both savory and dessert items. And lets face it I can eat dessert as dinner and be fine with that.:D

Last edited:
On my reservation it says 7pm...so is that the time we get there or the time the show starts? It's for Dec. 11th. Wayne and Lanny are my son's favorite! Gotta be on time!
That's the official start time of the party, however, as long as everything is set to go, which it has been 99% of the time, and just like all of the parties this particular department does, they will open 15 minutes early.

If the party starts at 7p, does it block me from getting a FP+ from 7-8p like it does with a table service reservation? Thanks!

If the party starts at 7p, does it block me from getting a FP+ from 7-8p like it does with a table service reservation? Thanks!
I've never understood why some people do that, but I've had Guests arrive later or leave early because they have a FP somewhere.

I've never understood why some people do that, but I've had Guests arrive later or leave early because they have a FP somewhere.
I have read that too but I dont know if they booked the dessert party after they acquired their fastpasses. We are going on a night when DHS closes early at 8p.

We're sort of stuck in that position. Only FOP FP I could get was 5:50. I figure we'll be at AK and ready to enter at 5:45 then head straight to the buses to go to HS. Not ideal and I'm trying constantly to get an earlier slot. Ugh!

We're sort of stuck in that position. Only FOP FP I could get was 5:50. I figure we'll be at AK and ready to enter at 5:45 then head straight to the buses to go to HS. Not ideal and I'm trying constantly to get an earlier slot. Ugh!
I think you'll be ok. When I say arrive late or leave early, I'm talking 30 minutes or more and that's half the party.

I booked this for our family of 9 on January 2nd. I've done the SW dessert party, but never this. I'm slightly confused. If the seating is outside in front of the Chinese Theater, why do we have to move to a viewing area also in front of the theater? Why can't we just stay at our tables and watch while we continue/finish eating? I'm thinking of the way the Star Wars dessert party was a few years ago - we ate outside and didn't move for the show. I liked it better than the way it is now where you eat in the Launch Bay and then move to the viewing area (but that's a different story... plus we still go and enjoy it, I just liked the previous setup better), and the JBJB party sounds similar but you still have to move locations?

If the seating is outside in front of the Chinese Theater, why do we have to move to a viewing area also in front of the theater?
It takes place inside the Chinese Theater Courtyard.
Why can't we just stay at our tables and watch while we continue/finish eating?
Aside from not being able to see the show, the Courtyard has to be cleared of all people because some of the pyrotechnics are fired from inside the Courtyard.
we ate outside and didn't move for the show. I liked it better than the way it is now where you eat in the Launch Bay and then move to the viewing area (but that's a different story... plus we still go and enjoy it, I just liked the previous setup better), and the JBJB party sounds similar but you still have to move locations?
It's not similar because it's a different location, it's not like the previous SW party. There are pros and cons to having the party either indoors or outdoors, low temps and rain being the main concern for the JBJB party.

It takes place inside the Chinese Theater Courtyard.
Aside from not being able to see the show, the Courtyard has to be cleared of all people because some of the pyrotechnics are fired from inside the Courtyard.
It's not similar because it's a different location, it's not like the previous SW party. There are pros and cons to having the party either indoors or outdoors, low temps and rain being the main concern for the JBJB party.

Thanks for the info! So where is the seated area, I don't really know what the Chinese courtyard means? Is that up right in front of the Chinese Theater, closer than the viewing area?

Thanks for the info! So where is the seated area, I don't really know what the Chinese courtyard means? Is that up right in front of the Chinese Theater, closer than the viewing area?
No, it's in the enclosed area surrounded by the Chinese Theater.

ETA to add photo.

enhance

Last edited:
No, it's in the enclosed area surrounded by the Chinese Theater. There's a good photo if you click on the link below.
http://www.mousesteps.com/denises-c...-bell-jingle-bam-holiday-dessert-party-review

Thanks for that link, it was a good read and did tell me where the party is. That is where I was thinking you meant, I just didn't describe it correctly I guess! Anyway, it sounds fun, I'm a sucker for anything Christmas themed, and I assume Jan 2nd will be packed so I wanted a guaranteed place to watch the show without having to jostle for a spot or hold it for a long time. We'll have 2 toddlers and 3 grandparents with us, so all agreeing on something and then standing and waiting for a long time wasn't likely to happen :D. I think I recognized a photo from earlier in the thread in that review - didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!