Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Has anyone used the Minnie van service from Port Orleans -Riverside to MK? Really I guess any resort that doesn’t have direct access to the MK... if so did you like it? I have a PPO at BOG and was considering that...

Has anyone used the Minnie van service from Port Orleans -Riverside to MK? Really I guess any resort that doesn’t have direct access to the MK... if so did you like it? I have a PPO at BOG and was considering that...

What do you mean by any resort that doesn't have direct access to MK? All resorts have transportation to MK by either bus, monorail or ferry (or walking from CR).

What do you mean by any resort that doesn't have direct access to MK? All resorts have transportation to MK by either bus, monorail or ferry (or walking from CR).
I don’t count the bus as direct access to MK, that’s just basic access. So monorail or ferry is what I would call direct access.

I don’t count the bus as direct access to MK, that’s just basic access. So monorail or ferry is what I would call direct access.
It goes from your resort to MK. That's as direct as the other options you mentioned. May take longer time wise but it is still direct.

Don't want other people who visit her to be confused.

It goes from your resort to MK. That's as direct as the other options you mentioned. May take longer time wise but it is still direct.

Don't want other people who visit her to be confused.

Ok then I’ll rephrase - has anyone used the Minnie van service from a resort that has bus only access to the MK? How was it? Did you have to schedule it the night before if you were trying to make a PPO ADR?

Ok then I’ll rephrase - has anyone used the Minnie van service from a resort that has bus only access to the MK? How was it? Did you have to schedule it the night before if you were trying to make a PPO ADR?
Sorry, I haven't used this service but buses begin running from all resorts about 6:30am. We have had 8am reservations for BoG a number of times and never had any problems arriving with lots of time.

Hope someone can answer your Minnie Van question.

Sorry, I haven't used this service but buses begin running from all resorts about 6:30am. We have had 8am reservations for BoG a number of times and never had any problems arriving with lots of time.

Hope someone can answer your Minnie Van question.

Do you normally just go on the 6:30 am bus? And would you have to get there by 6:25 at th bus stop to be ready for it?

Also, I guess I was hoping to find out I could leave at like 7 am or 7:15 by using the Minnie van service (I’m not, nor is my family, morning people...)

You cannot make a reservation for a Minnie Van in advance, unless you need the handicap-accessible vehicles. It's an on-demand service.

Do you normally just go on the 6:30 am bus? And would you have to get there by 6:25 at th bus stop to be ready for it?

Also, I guess I was hoping to find out I could leave at like 7 am or 7:15 by using the Minnie van service (I’m not, nor is my family, morning people...)
We normally aim to be at the bus between 6:45 and 7am. We're at Pop so it's about a 13-17 min bus ride to the MK. This gives us time to wait for the bus, drive to MK, go through security and tap stiles and get to the line to enter the park. They let all guests into the park at 7:45. Those who have a BoG ADR go up Main St and head to the left towards Liberty Square bridge. There are CMs there who will tap your band and once a BoG reservation (for anytime between 8am and 9am) is displayed, allow you to go in and proceed to BoG. Hope this helps.

AKL to MK for an 8AM BOG reservation in late June. What time should we be looking to catch the bus from AKL to MK?

I probably overlooked it but I did search this thread and this forum. Though we’ve been many times this is our first family trip without a rental car. How long will it take to get from the Wilderness Lodge to MK by boat? Is this the most efficient way?

Thank you

Found the answer. Thanks!!

Last edited:
AKL to MK for an 8AM BOG reservation in late June. What time should we be looking to catch the bus from AKL to MK?
I would recommend the same as I did to Pieter directly above you. Arrive at your bus stop between 6:45 and 7:00. Friends on how frequently buses run from AKL. You might want to err on the side of caution and aim to be st bus stop by 6:45. It really will all depend on what time the bus arrives.

Hey All, is it possible to go directly from Disney Springs to HS by bus or do I have to transfer at a resort or the TTC? I thought you could but now not so sure.....
Thanks in advance!

Hey All, is it possible to go directly from Disney Springs to HS by bus or do I have to transfer at a resort or the TTC? I thought you could but now not so sure.....
Thanks in advance!
It is not possible. You will need to go to a resort then transfer to a DHS reset bus there. (Not sure if there is s bus from DS to the TTC)

We did this last year and the CM at DS recommended we go to POFQ. We did this (and bought beignets to boot!) but I’m not sure that was the best choice as the POFQ bus went to POR first which added 4 more stops before going to DHS.

Buses do not go directly from DS to any of the parks as this would be a way to easily avoid parking charges.

It is not possible. You will need to go to a resort then transfer to a DHS reset bus there. (Not sure if there is s bus from DS to the TTC)

We did this last year and the CM at DS recommended we go to POFQ. We did this (and bought beignets to boot!) but I’m not sure that was the best choice as the POFQ bus went to POR first which added 4 more stops before going to DHS.

Buses do not go directly from DS to any of the parks as this would be a way to easily avoid parking charges.

Thanks Scrappiniontario! It's for DH-he's at Disney this weekend w/ his HS band (they're performing at DS tomorrow). They have to use Disney transport to get from there to HS w/ 50 kids in tow. Was hoping there was an easier way for them & I apologize in advance to all the other passengers on the Disney busses. Ugh!!

Thanks Scrappiniontario! It's for DH-he's at Disney this weekend w/ his HS band (they're performing at DS tomorrow). They have to use Disney transport to get from there to HS w/ 50 kids in tow. Was hoping there was an easier way for them & I apologize in advance to all the other passengers on the Disney busses. Ugh!!
Suggest they transfer at either Pop Century or AoA. Those are both large resorts with a single bus stop and organized queues, and buses are not shared with other resorts. That way they will not appear to be mobbing the bus, as they'll be waiting in a line. And they won't fill the bus preventing Guests at following stops from getting on. Both are also sort of between DS & DHS.

Also, there may be a transportation greeter on duty at those resorts, who may be able to request an additional bus if needed.

Suggest they transfer at either Pop Century or AoA. Those are both large resorts with a single bus stop and organized queues, and buses are not shared with other resorts. That way they will not appear to be mobbing the bus, as they'll be waiting in a line. And they won't fill the bus preventing Guests at following stops from getting on. Both are also sort of between DS & DHS.

Also, there may be a transportation greeter on duty at those resorts, who may be able to request an additional bus if needed.

Great ideas, thank you!! Will pass them on to DH, he'll appreciate as well.:rockband:

I think I know the answer after reading a lot of pages, but I wanted to double check. Staying at All-Star Music and having breakfast at Cape May Café - take the bus to Hollywood Studios and then boat or walk over? And allow about an hour for the trip?

I think I know the answer after reading a lot of pages, but I wanted to double check. Staying at All-Star Music and having breakfast at Cape May Café - take the bus to Hollywood Studios and then boat or walk over? And allow about an hour for the trip?
Yes, but an hour should be OK if you're walking and can do 1.1 miles in 20 minutes. If you plan to wait for the boat, add another 30 minutes. Also, boats start running about 1 hour before DHS opening, and maybe a little less for morning EMH.

I’ve not read through this thread:rolleyes1

I’m in the U.K. and it’s late (my excuse and I’m sticking with it!)

My query is-
After an evening at a hard ticket event or emh at mk;
Is the only transportation option to the ttc the ferry?
Is there a bus option?

I really can’t travel on the ferry for all the bugs (big & small!):stitch2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!