**** OFFICIAL February 2018 Thread ****

Called to confirm and update the number of guests on the Illuminations cruise as instructed and was told its still on and I can have up to 10 people and don't have to notify them if I add more guests as long as I don't exceed the 10.
So... I'll put it out there again that I'm looking for solo/adult only parites that are interested in joining my group for the Illuminations cruise on February 13th.
I'd like to know by February 11th though thanks.

Last edited:

3 days!!!! I got my nails done last night. I have most of what we are packing stacked up but only the kids are really packed. I hoped to do it last weekend but getting the house clean and the loads of laundry took longer then I planned. This week is going so fast I just haven’t gotten back to it, and what’s worse is next week will go even faster.

Looks like temps will be around 70 degrees for our trip. Will probably wear short sleeves and a hoodie as needed. Packing started last night. :)

Looks like temps will be around 70 degrees for our trip. Will probably wear short sleeves and a hoodie as needed. Packing started last night. :)

Make sure you look at the low temps if you plan on staying in the parks after dark for fireworks and stuff. If the lows are in the 50’s, it can feel COLD after standing outside for a while. We usually bring one pair of sweatpants or yoga pants to throw over our leggings in the mornings and at night and a warmer jacket like our north face denali’s or a light puffer jacket to throw over our sweater. You will be so much more comfortable not feeling the cold. If we end up not needing them, it’s fine. But if we do, at least we have them. The puffer jackets fold up small and are super light. Perfect for weather in the 50’s. :)

We went one year during the first week of March and got the surprise of our lives---it was freezing! especially at night waiting for a bus. Agree with Lilluv117, make a little space in your luggage and throw a few items in for colder temps-you'll be happy you did!

Opinions needed....
MK after hours on Feb 15. (9-12pm)

My flight arrives at 9pm. If we Uber to poly, drop carryons ( room will be ready by then). Boat or monorail over.
Would doing the after hours ( using the DVC discount price) Be worth it for my DH and DD and I?

I have never done this and was going to wait till the day before checking weather reports by me before I purchase tix. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge from Feb 27th to March 3rd. We are very excited to be returning to one of our favorite resorts. We usually make try to stay at the WL once a year, usually in the winter, since there is nothing like a warm fire on a cold, winter day. :) We are hoping for warm weather so that we can enjoy Geyser Point and the new pool at Wilderness Lodge. :) We'l also be there for the opening of the Flower and Garden Festival. :)

Opinions needed....
MK after hours on Feb 15. (9-12pm)

My flight arrives at 9pm. If we Uber to poly, drop carryons ( room will be ready by then). Boat or monorail over.
Would doing the after hours ( using the DVC discount price) Be worth it for my DH and DD and I?

I have never done this and was going to wait till the day before checking weather reports by me before I purchase tix. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

I don't think I'd do it. I can't imagine you'd have more than 90 minutes in the park.

Inside 30 days always makes it feel like the trip is right around the corner. I'm at 27 days-Magic Bands have shipped. It's always fun to see how long and where those things go before arriving in my mailbox-lol! Keys to the Kingdom Tour is booked for our first full day. I keep thinking I need to tweak my plans but then when I look them over, I end up not making any changes. Anyone else looking at their plans and thinking they need to make changes or are y'all set?

Will be arriving at Pop on THURSDAY! :)

See you there! We arrive at Pop Wednesday night! YAY! 2 days to go!!!

3 days!!!! I got my nails done last night. I have most of what we are packing stacked up but only the kids are really packed. I hoped to do it last weekend but getting the house clean and the loads of laundry took longer then I planned. This week is going so fast I just haven’t gotten back to it, and what’s worse is next week will go even faster.

Envious of you all I don’t get there till Tuesday

I am hoping our flight doesn’t get cancelled on Tuesday. We are supposed to be getting a good amount of snow Sunday through Tuesday. Fingers crossed there is no issues since we have a few first timers this trip.

Sending good thoughts your way!

I woke up this morning and thought to myself... Gee this time next week I will be finishing up the final last minute things, head to work with my suitcases and then off to Denver to prepare for a 6am flight on Saturday!!! Hoping for good weather for all of us to arrive safely.

I have been stalking the weather reports, even knowing it can and most likely will change two days before I leave! I sure hope the 77 degrees Fahrenheit is accurate tho! Come on warm weather!

So just curious. What is everyone's first thing they must do when arriving to Disney?

Mine usually is go to Epcot, even if it is just for a few hours. However this time I will go to MK first in attempts to gain a photopass opportunity with Captain Hook and Smee!

So just curious. What is everyone's first thing they must do when arriving to Disney?

Mine usually is go to Epcot, even if it is just for a few hours. However this time I will go to MK first in attempts to gain a photopass opportunity with Captain Hook and Smee!
Always MK our first day which is usually a half day after we drive in. We will be rushing in for those Photo ops too. We arrive next Sat. the last day they will be available. Hoping to get a few in. And also SUPER excited that we are leaving a week from today!

Always MK our first day which is usually a half day after we drive in. We will be rushing in for those Photo ops too. We arrive next Sat. the last day they will be available. Hoping to get a few in. And also SUPER excited that we are leaving a week from today!
Wait! What photo ops? I've obviously missed something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!