Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

who did you speak with at Wilderness Lodge? I originally called there and talked to Carol, when I started explaining to her what I wanted and the flavors of the cake and filling she got really confused and told me I needed to email the contemporary for assistance. I emailed them and a few days later George emailed me, we went back and forth and he said he was able to make what i was looking for. 6 inch chewbacca themed chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling delivered to our room for $89

I spoke to Jane at the Wilderness Lodge. She’s was very pleasant and helpful but was serving as a go between. I would have preferred to speak to or email the folks at the contemporary myself but wasn’t given the option.

Im looking to order a cake for my DD's 10th Birthday this fall. I was wondering if anyone had a good example of an Aurora themed cake or one with the castle on it? In the past we have ordered through Pat and got a beautiful Tiffany blue cake with cinderella's slipper and pink roses but wanted something a little different this year!

Could you share what you want your Chewbacca cake to look like? I ask because I’m planning to order Chewbacca themed cake In November at contemporary.

It wont let me post the picture I emailed but i want the frosting to look like fur and to have the sash thing he wears. I am not a star wars fan so if there is a technical name for his sash I have no idea what it is :rotfl2:

maybe this link will work
https://www.sugarbabiescupcakery.com/product-page/chewbacca-cake

Has anyone had a smash cake done at Chef Mickey's (or anywhere that could also send it to Chef Mickey's) recently? Thinking of doing one for DS's first birthday at the end of the year and wanted to know what my options are (do they even do smash cakes?)

ETA: If anyone has pics, that would also be appreciated! Thanks!

We are stayin at Yacht club over Father’s Day weekend. Any ideas on a cute cake theme/idea for Father’s Day?

It wont let me post the picture I emailed but i want the frosting to look like fur and to have the sash thing he wears. I am not a star wars fan so if there is a technical name for his sash I have no idea what it is :rotfl2:

maybe this link will work
https://www.sugarbabiescupcakery.com/product-page/chewbacca-cake
Thanks for the link. That’s exactly what I’m thinking of as well. I think the word is bandolier for Chewbacca’s sash but I could be wrong.

I need some advice. I have been working with Beach Club/YC private dining to order my son’s birthday cake. They just sent me the estimate and it is $310. This is for an 8” lower tier, 6” top tier “Up” cake. Chocolate with vanilla buttercream under the fondant. (Pic below) 8A8E1182-8342-4352-82A9-FA1A2CE72B63.jpeg

Does $310 seem excessive for this? We’ve ordered several custom cakes and they have all been $180 or less (some pretty large and elaborate). I know this one is 2 tiers, but the estimate is higher than I expected.

Any personal experience or opinions you might be willing to share? Does this price seem in line with orders you’ve placed?

I need some advice. I have been working with Beach Club/YC private dining to order my son’s birthday cake. They just sent me the estimate and it is $310. This is for an 8” lower tier, 6” top tier “Up” cake. Chocolate with vanilla buttercream under the fondant.

Does $310 seem excessive for this? We’ve ordered several custom cakes and they have all been $180 or less (some pretty large and elaborate). I know this one is 2 tiers, but the estimate is higher than I expected.

Any personal experience or opinions you might be willing to share? Does this price seem in line with orders you’ve placed?

That seems about right for an elaborate two-tier cake from the Yacht & Beach Club. To put it in perspective, a very basic 2-tier fondant cake with just foil Mickey stamps is worth a $250 credit when you have a Disney's Fairytale Wedding Escape package.

P1110866.jpg

Whereas your Up design involves intricate fondant work to re-create the house, balloons and clouds from individual pieces.

My over-the-top volcano-waterfall Tiki Dinoversary cake from Epcot was $375.

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20082_zpshlbpilil.jpg

If you really need to get the price down, ask them to just do a screen print of the balloons and one of the house.

I left a message earlier this afternoon at Pop Century to order a cake for our trip next week and they returned my call within just a few hours. They did say that they no longer offer 6 inch cakes so I had to go with either an 8 inch or a mini tiered cake. I decided on the 8 inch since it's practically the same price for a whole lot more cake. I went with a marble cake, chocolate buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream frosting with a Flower and Garden theme, bakers choice on decor. I'll post pics when we get back in a couple weeks.

That seems about right for an elaborate two-tier cake from the Yacht & Beach Club. To put it in perspective, a very basic 2-tier fondant cake with just foil Mickey stamps is worth a $250 credit when you have a Disney's Fairytale Wedding Escape package.

P1110866.jpg

Whereas your Up design involves intricate fondant work to re-create the house, balloons and clouds from individual pieces.

My over-the-top volcano-waterfall Tiki Dinoversary cake from Epcot was $375.

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20082_zpshlbpilil.jpg

If you really need to get the price down, ask them to just do a screen print of the balloons and one of the house.

Okay, this makes me feel better about the quote! Thank you for responding. I just wanted to make sure that price they gave me wasn’t way out of line.

I hate screen prints - we will only be using fondant for his cake. GF bakery convinced me to use a screen print on my other son’s dumbo cake because they claimed it was the only dumbo cake they could do. It was heinous and I was so upset. It’s worth it to pay to get what you want if they offer your design in fondant.

I hate screen prints - we will only be using fondant for his cake. GF bakery convinced me to use a screen print on my other son’s dumbo cake because they claimed it was the only dumbo cake they could do. It was heinous and I was so upset. It’s worth it to pay to get what you want if they offer your design in fondant.

I agree! :goodvibes

So I have been through all 80 pages of this thread and didn't see anything so...

Has anyone been able to get a Guardians of the Galaxy themed cake?

We will be at California Grill in July for my son's 16th birthday and we would like to order a custom birthday cake. I was hoping to get something Guardians.

TIA,

Just wanted to bump this up to see if there is anyone who knows anything about getting a Guardians of the Galaxy cake?? Or maybe anything Marvel?

These cakes are amazing!

Has anyone done a Peter Pan cake? Three of my friends and I are all turning 50 this year and, since we refuse to grow up, we are celebrating with a Disney trip. A Peter Pan cake would be a fun surprise!

This is a fantastic idea!!!!! Would love to see Peter Pan cakes!

Can you get the Mickey celebration cake delivered to POFQ? I saw where it says deluxe hotels. I know I can get a custom ordered cake picked up at the food court, but can I do the celebration cake?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!