Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Quoting myself! Do all the bakeries use the same recipes? The above cake was sooooo good that I'd like to get it again. We are at Boardwalk Villas in January. If that bakery baked the cake, what are the chances it would be as good. The above cake was made by the In Park Events pastry team.

Yes, the cakes and frostings are the same recipes throughout the Disney bakeries.

Sorry this is so late!! Here is the Maleficent in dragon form cake.

6 inch vanilla cake with dark chocolate mousse filling delivered to dinner at Yachtsmen Steakhouse
quoted $50 charged $35 :)

Great cake! Friend LOVED it.

OMc83IZ.jpg

LAGLm6p.jpg

Sorry this is so late!! Here is the Maleficent in dragon form cake.

6 inch vanilla cake with dark chocolate mousse filling delivered to dinner at Yachtsmen Steakhouse
quoted $50 charged $35 :)

Great cake! Friend LOVED it.

OMc83IZ.jpg

LAGLm6p.jpg
This looks like exactly what I want, but with Figment. I am definitely going to be calling today!

wow love the Maleficent cake, who did you call?

Yacht Club! Spoke with Yamira. She was just as excited to do this cake as my friend was to receive it. They have 4 different Maleficent designs they can do. My friend LOVES her in dragon form so I went it that one.

It was such a wonderful experience to work with Yamira and the team at Yacht Club I plan to do it again next year when my friend and I return for our trip. It was so easy too! Definitely highly recommend Yacht Club for a cake of you are staying there or eating at one of the restaurants. :)

It was such a wonderful experience to work with Yamira and the team at Yacht Club I plan to do it again next year when my friend and I return for our trip. It was so easy too! Definitely highly recommend Yacht Club for a cake of you are staying there or eating at one of the restaurants. :)

OMG - this is so great to hear as I JUST ordered a surprise cake for my BFF for our stay at Yacht Club this weekend!!

The best and worst thing just happened today! I e-mailed the Contemporary literally just this morning to start hashing out the details of my son's Sorcerer Mickey cake for his birthday on 11/18. Today, Disney announced lots of cool little things that Disney is doing for Mickey's birthday that same day, one of which is "Sorcerer Mickey cake" with no other details. Disney stole my thunder! So what would you guys do... forge ahead, or call an audible?

Right now, I'm leaning 55% towards go ahead with my original idea. There's not an obvious plan B. He's really into Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom... any ideas jump out to anyone there? I've also thought about paying the extra $15 for the 2D white chocolate sorcerer mickey to make it more special.

Do you guys think they would be able to make the logo in the circle on top of a 6-inch cake, or is it too complicated?

mkm161555LARGE.jpg

OMG - this is so great to hear as I JUST ordered a surprise cake for my BFF for our stay at Yacht Club this weekend!!

Enjoy!!! We were staying at POFQ but were having dinner at Yachtsmen Steakhouse our arrival night and it was perfect. Hope you are just as happy with your cake as I was :)

The best and worst thing just happened today! I e-mailed the Contemporary literally just this morning to start hashing out the details of my son's Sorcerer Mickey cake for his birthday on 11/18. Today, Disney announced lots of cool little things that Disney is doing for Mickey's birthday that same day, one of which is "Sorcerer Mickey cake" with no other details. Disney stole my thunder! So what would you guys do... forge ahead, or call an audible?

Right now, I'm leaning 55% towards go ahead with my original idea. There's not an obvious plan B. He's really into Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom... any ideas jump out to anyone there? I've also thought about paying the extra $15 for the 2D white chocolate sorcerer mickey to make it more special.

Do you guys think they would be able to make the logo in the circle on top of a 6-inch cake, or is it too complicated?

mkm161555LARGE.jpg

Personally, I'd just go with your original plan and order the cake you wanted to order. I wouldn't let their celebration cake alter your plans. As for the SotMK symbol you'd have to ask. If they have an image of it they might do it as a screenprint, but being a logo I'm not sure they would just hand create it. Only they would be able to tell you for sure though.

Btw, we have a Sorcerer Mickey cake being delivered for my son's birthday celebration in 9 days too!

Whatever you go with I'm sure it will be awesome. Have a great time!

Personally, I'd just go with your original plan and order the cake you wanted to order. I wouldn't let their celebration cake alter your plans. As for the SotMK symbol you'd have to ask. If they have an image of it they might do it as a screenprint, but being a logo I'm not sure they would just hand create it. Only they would be able to tell you for sure though.

Btw, we have a Sorcerer Mickey cake being delivered for my son's birthday celebration in 9 days too!

Whatever you go with I'm sure it will be awesome. Have a great time!
What kind of decorations/cake did you guys decide on?

What kind of decorations/cake did you guys decide on?

We went with a 6 inch 4 layer fondant cake with a swirled blue and white fondant similar to the fondant in the attached pic with also some of the butter cream blue and white waves similar to pic #2. The cake inside will be dyed red and then they'll have a 2D Sorcerer Mickey standing on top and I asked for any other additional Sorcerer Apprentice decorations they can do like the mop & bucket, stars, etc.

I was trying to find a Sorcerer Mickey figurine to use instead of the white chocolate 2D print, but couldn't find one. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

CakeFondantExample.jpg CakeWavesExample.jpg

IMG_3548.JPG Is the animal kingdom lodge zebra cake actually the same flavours as the zebra domes from Boma?

I need help from the cake pros!

I called (407) WDW-DINE last night to add my son’s birthday celebration to our dining reservations. The representative asked me if I’d like to have a celebration cake delivered at one of the restaurants. I told her sure, why not?! For her to add it to our Garden Grille breakfast since I can’t have it delivered to Via Napoli during our dinner. She said I most certainly CAN have it delivered at Via Napoli!

I told her that on the Disney website it states that “celebration cakes can only be delivered to certain restaurants.” I told her Via Napoli is not a Disney Restaurant. She assured me it could be delivered and even had the option to add it within my reservation. A window popped up for her and she asked me which flavor and it showed her the picture of the Mickey ear celebration cake. She informed me if it was not available at the restaurant then she wouldn’t have the pop up window in the reservation.

Still, I’ve never heard of anyone here having one delivered to Via Napoli. I hate not knowing 100% if we’ll receive it or not. It’s his actual birthday. I’m wondering if I should just play it safe and have it delivered for breakfast at garden grille? Although, this representative was convinced Via Napoli serves the cakes.

Anyone seen a celebration cake at Via Napoli lately?

I've ordered a cake once before back in May for my daughter, going in Dec for my son's birthday. I used to have a link that had tons of pictures of custom disney cake. Anyone have a link? I know I can just google cake ideas but I feel like Disney adds an extra touch and want to look at strictly cakes done by Disney. TIA

View attachment 281356 Is the animal kingdom lodge zebra cake actually the same flavours as the zebra domes from Boma?

Yes.

I've ordered a cake once before back in May for my daughter, going in Dec for my son's birthday. I used to have a link that had tons of pictures of custom disney cake. Anyone have a link? I know I can just google cake ideas but I feel like Disney adds an extra touch and want to look at strictly cakes done by Disney. TIA

Could it have been my Flickr collection?

Yes.

Could it have been my Flickr collection?

ahhh yes!!!! That's it!! Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter