"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

We sat up there once to view Spectromagic, you get a great view of the parade coming down main street with the castle in the background, but we felt somewhat disconnected versus being on the curb. You definitely need to get there early to get a spot.
I've sat there before and enjoyed it. Took a nice video. I like the view down main street and the wide angle view of the fireworks. It's an option for a different perspective.

Yes - we LOVE Frontierland for parades, especially right in front of Pecos Bill; there are large planter type things we stand on to see better. DD and I are both short and we also both have anxiety worsened by being scrunched and sandwiched between people. I also agree with your second paragraph. I waited at a "good spot" in front of the castle for an hour and a half once during MNSSHP while my family did rides. Since we have seen the projections before, now we don't wait anymore and just view the fireworks from wherever we are in the park.
My go to for the parades is the park entrance. I don’t know if it’s just that people forget that the parade goes there, but that always seems to be the most empty to me. We have no problem getting great spots at the last minute and you can sit in the circle facing out and likely won’t have many people around you.

--->
This is our favorite event at WDW, we love Halloween, so we decided to go a second time. I'm shocked at the amount of availability as we usually have to buy when they first come out because we have a group of 8. I also helped my sister buy for her kids and grandkids for October and had no trouble. Crazy.

Our family is going for a long weekend to WDW in September and only going to the Halloween Party. With the new regulations about Lightning Lane pre-purchases, will we be able to get a Lighting Lane Multi or Lightning Lane Individual pass for the 4-6 pm window before the official party start time? Thanks for any help in this matter.

Our family is going for a long weekend to WDW in September and only going to the Halloween Party. With the new regulations about Lightning Lane pre-purchases, will we be able to get a Lighting Lane Multi or Lightning Lane Individual pass for the 4-6 pm window before the official party start time? Thanks for any help in this matter.
Last year there were mixed reports. We were able to purchase LL for Tron (and almost missed it because it took so long to get into the park)— I think later in the party season they took that ability away from people who didn’t have day tix?

Either way, make sure you account for the fact that you might not make it through the turnstiles before 4:30 unless you plan to arrive early to be towards the front of the queue to get in.

I don’t know that they’ve released those details yet. I’m sure someone will report back who is going to an Aug party and can give a first-hand account.

Last year there were mixed reports. We were able to purchase LL for Tron (and almost missed it because it took so long to get into the park)— I think later in the party season they took that ability away from people who didn’t have day tix?

Either way, make sure you account for the fact that you might not make it through the turnstiles before 4:30 unless you plan to arrive early to be towards the front of the queue to get in.
We have nothing to do that morning and we will be there in plenty of time. This is an annual event for us. Thanks.

I said we weren't going this year...that there was nothing new and we went 4 times last year...we needed to take a break... Then Disney offered 30% off hotel rooms, so I guess there's nothing I can do! We're going! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
This makes perfect sense to me! 😜

So now that I've bought the nonrefundable ticket and booked the hotel, does anyone have experiences going on Columbus Day/Indigenous People's Day to share? It can't be worse than Halloween night, right? :P

I would anticipate that no, you will not be eligible to purchase either Lightning Lane option with only a party ticket based on how the current system works with Genie+.

Last year during MNSSHP and MVMCP some guests reported being able to do so but since changes were made in January of this year, AH guests have not been able to purchase with only an AH ticket so I would anticipate the same with happen with the new LLMP and LLSP.

Time will tell but I would not plan on it.

Also, since there will no longer be an option to stack, not really sure how valuable it would be to purchase it for a short 2 hour window even if it was available.

What would you say is the best strategy to meet Jack and Sally with minimal wait? My granddaughter didn't get to meet last year and was so disappointed. We have hoppers and plan to arrive early, but not sure which strategy is better. We had planned to get our bands inside. Planning to do Tomorrowland and Fantasyland first but having to wait to get bands until 4:00 will conflict with that strategy. What has worked in the past?

What would you say is the best strategy to meet Jack and Sally with minimal wait? My granddaughter didn't get to meet last year and was so disappointed. We have hoppers and plan to arrive early, but not sure which strategy is better. We had planned to get our bands inside. Planning to do Tomorrowland and Fantasyland first but having to wait to get bands until 4:00 will conflict with that strategy. What has worked in the past?

What party are you attending? If it's not the first party, you should get some good tips from early party-goers.

Last year, the suggestion was to make sure you are in the front of the line outside the park as opposed to inside the park getting your band in Tomorrowland, and head straight to the meet & greet.

Over the years, the Jack & Sally meet & greet has changed so this isn't necessarily the best plan for this year. One year, we had park hoppers & were able to get in line for the meet & greet before 4:00. One year the meet & greet was in Liberty Square. It does change.

The best advice is that whatever the set up is this year, you need to get there as early as possible.

Probably not what you’re hoping to hear but I would not expect to be able to meet them without a significant wait. Either you are waiting somewhere in advance to get in a good queue position (and dozens of others will be doing that as well) or you are waiting in the actual line. I don’t know if there’s anyway to reliably optimize for less than 60m of waiting unless you’re extremely lucky…but the major bloggers will have ideas by mid-Aug.

I hope I’m wrong and Disney hired like 5 Jack & Sally’s this year so people can meet them without sacrificing a huge chunk of the party!

I hope I’m wrong and Disney hired like 5 Jack & Sally’s this year so people can meet them without sacrificing a huge chunk of the party!
Now wouldn't that be a great idea!

Several years ago, 2019 maybe? I was already in the park and able to get in line before 4, there were maybe 5 groups ahead of me. (I brought food to eat while waiting) They came in to check we had party tickets and gave us our wristbands in line. Don't think they do that anymore. They started meeting quite early, before 5. After meeting Jack & Sally I headed to the line for the Pooh gang, was able to finish that M&G before 7.

The last few times I have done the party I have skipped the M&G altogether,.

Now wouldn't that be a great idea!

Several years ago, 2019 maybe? I was already in the park and able to get in line before 4, there were maybe 5 groups ahead of me. (I brought food to eat while waiting) They came in to check we had party tickets and gave us our wristbands in line. Don't think they do that anymore. They started meeting quite early, before 5. After meeting Jack & Sally I headed to the line for the Pooh gang, was able to finish that M&G before 7.

The last few times I have done the party I have skipped the M&G altogether,.
Even in this situation, you spent at least 60 minutes waiting for the M&G, right? I would not consider that a minimal wait—but at least you’re sitting in one place most of the time, hopefully out of the heat.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest